change output for several channels at once?

Share your favorite Ableton Live tips, tricks, and techniques.
glamourboy

change output for several channels at once?

Post by glamourboy » Thu Jul 24, 2008 5:39 pm

can i somehow send multiple tracks to a bus in one go?

Aequitas123

Post by Aequitas123 » Thu Jul 24, 2008 5:44 pm

Yep.

Sends and Receives.

glamourboy

Post by glamourboy » Thu Jul 24, 2008 10:12 pm

i'm sorry i wasn't clear on what i want to do. i'm not talking on the fly routing, but just assigning a bunch of tracks to a bus without having to do it track by track. guess this should be a feature request.

a1studmuffin

Post by a1studmuffin » Fri Jul 25, 2008 4:07 am

Like if you group selected 10 tracks, then changed the output on one of them, they'd all change to that output? I'd like this too, but it's not really a huge loss without it, just a bit time consuming.
Butter Party: Beatport | Soundcloud | Mixcloud

dintech

In / Out

Post by dintech » Fri Jul 25, 2008 1:07 pm

1) Add a new audio track
2) Rename it to TRACK BUS
3) Select the [IN] orange button (I think)
4) On each track you want to group, change it's output to TRACK BUS in the drop down menu.

laird

Post by laird » Fri Jul 25, 2008 4:37 pm

glamourboy wrote:i'm sorry i wasn't clear on what i want to do. i'm not talking on the fly routing, but just assigning a bunch of tracks to a bus without having to do it track by track. guess this should be a feature request.
for instance, if you could hihglight multiple tracks (which you can), and if you changed the routing of one track, all highlighted tracks would be routed to that destination.

AFAIK, there is no way to do that in Live7, you will have to change track routings one at a time.

dintech gives a helpful pointer, though, if you want to save yourself time and you expect you'll want to switch the routing of a group of tracks back and forth several times.

glamourboy

Re: In / Out

Post by glamourboy » Fri Jul 25, 2008 4:41 pm

dintech wrote:1) Add a new audio track
2) Rename it to TRACK BUS
3) Select the [IN] orange button (I think)
4) On each track you want to group, change it's output to TRACK BUS in the drop down menu.
yeah that's what i've been doing. but i have 10 songs lined up for mixing, all requiring a lot of bussing. just wanted to save some time.

it would be nice to change parameters for multiple tracks at once though. i remember wanting to give several tracks the same delay value, and killing the input of more than one audio track.

timeline85

Post by timeline85 » Tue Jul 29, 2008 10:21 pm

This would be the equivalent of holding down the ALT key in protools, which lets you change parameters for all tracks at once (including solo, mute, routing, track height, etc).

I wish Live had it.

friend_kami

Post by friend_kami » Sun Aug 03, 2008 9:19 pm

ill just drop by and say "bump", hoping that some wizkid over at the glovepie universe would write a script where you select track X, then track Y and glovepie remembers the distance between track X and Y, then executes a move-mouse-and-click-to-select-routing macro and does it automaticly on each track from X to Y, with the push of a button to execute the script.

yeah.
get to work.
i could do most of that with bomes midi translator, but im not sure how to get bomes to understand how many tracks it is though.

push a button to start a routing cycle on the currently selected track, thats doable though.