EDITING MIXTAPE - help w arrangement mode (ableton 6le)-MAC

Share your Ableton Live secrets here
elektrodisiac

EDITING MIXTAPE - help w arrangement mode (ableton 6le)-MAC

Post by elektrodisiac » Tue Aug 12, 2008 6:13 pm

Hello All,

I have a general question in regards to editing a mixtape in arrangement mode with 6Le.

Say that you have a multiple tracks/audio sources recorded and are viewing in arrangement mode, and you find a section that you would like to edit, say to sync one track to another, or to perhaps add additional audio to the entire mix

If you made a change in channel 5, it would throw off channel 5 from the rest of the channels for the rest of the mix.

To remedy this problem so far, i have made a mental note of how many measures i adjust channel "5", then i move the rest of the channels the same amount of measures, so that my addition to channel 5 does not throw off the rest of the mix.

I know that you can zoom out arrangement view, select with SHIFT the rest of the tape, and drag bach everything at one time, but I have had some difficulty with this technique.

Is there a way that you can CNTROL select individual track sections using a mac?

I hope I have clearly explained what my problem is, I will continue to read the manual and try different techniques, but this has been a major problem with recording mixes. When I think of a new Idea, I have to go back and sync up everything over again. which sucks and takes a very very long time in some instances.

thanx

tom
myspace.com/elektrodisiacmusic

clipless

Post by clipless » Tue Aug 12, 2008 6:35 pm

Love to help, but I just don't undertand this thread :P

what do you mean with "throw off" if you make a chenge in a single track?

what is the specific work you are doing? is it a DJ mix, a continuous mixtape, or a demos CD for a band? your own demo?

About the dragging:
You can press [ctrl]+[4] (in PC, maybe it's [command]+[4] in the Mac) to disable grid snapping and you can move your clips with total precition.

elektrodisiac

Post by elektrodisiac » Wed Aug 13, 2008 3:43 am

well - its a DJ mix..

the apple + 4 snap to grid function is a nice addition

I was thinking of a function such as in window, if you in browser of any folder, you can use shift to select all, or control to select individual folders, ect...

I was hoping to find a function like this with ableton.

Any ideas?
myspace.com/elektrodisiacmusic

clipless

Post by clipless » Wed Aug 13, 2008 4:09 am

Oh well I think there is no such function.
I work in live 6.0.10 and it doesn't support [Ctrl] select for clips in the arrangement, but it does in the session :P
I don't know if they implemented this in Live 7...

And about the "thow off" I think you're talking about Automation... are you familiar with automation?

You can edit a setting for a certain track or moment for just that track or moment in the mix by automating the movements of the desired control to do what you want for the time you want :P

Hope this is helpful :P

three

Post by three » Sat Aug 16, 2008 12:46 pm

elektrodisiac wrote:well - its a DJ mix..
<snip>
Any ideas?
What about just redoing the mix?

Donnie

Post by Donnie » Mon Aug 18, 2008 8:03 pm

Im a pc guy, but doesnt command+click on mac do the same thing that ctrl+click does on pc?