Moving clips from session to arrangement view

Share your favorite Ableton Live tips, tricks, and techniques.
Wayne from White Salmon

Moving clips from session to arrangement view

Post by Wayne from White Salmon » Mon Jul 05, 2004 12:32 am

The manual says to move a clip from the session view to the arrangement view, you can drag the clip over the arrangement chooser (p. 36). When I try this, I get the not allowed circle, and the clip is not copied or moved to the arrangement view. I've tried several variations, and can't get it to work.

What obvious thing am I missing here?

fourstones

Post by fourstones » Mon Jul 05, 2004 1:50 am

It doesn't matter that you get the no-drop cursor -- as long your view changes (and you manage to keep your finger down on the mouse) you can drop it inot the other view. (This is one of my favorite all time features in Live, it's very addictive)

dm

Post by dm » Mon Jul 05, 2004 11:43 am

or you can use the keyboard. highlight the clip you want to move, copy it with ctrl+c, hit tab to change views then paste it in the new view. i do this a lot when wanting to quickly copy a clip from session into arranger to consolidate it, then vice versa to use it in session again.

radder

Post by radder » Mon Jul 05, 2004 5:08 pm

Don't forget you actually have to drag it to a spot in an arranger track in order to drop it. If you try dropping it just onto the arranger icon it won't work.
myspace.com/raddermusic || soundcloud.com/a-radder || Thinkpad R61 / 3GB RAM / Echo Audiofire 4