Any way to get an XOX style interface for driving Battery 3?

Share your favorite Ableton Live tips, tricks, and techniques.
purusha

Any way to get an XOX style interface for driving Battery 3?

Post by purusha » Wed Aug 20, 2008 8:02 pm

This might be a daft question, and I can see long-winded ways of using clips to do this, but can anyone suggest a good way of implementing an XOX style interface under Live for driving MIDI plug-ins (or even external synths)?

Ideally, I'd like to use my Jazzmutant Lemur to control each step in an XOX style at Live level, but I guess a MIDI plug-in could do the job.

Thanks!

Edit: BTW - am going to look at FXpansion's Guru to see if that's of any use to me.

supamonsta

Post by supamonsta » Tue Aug 26, 2008 1:45 pm

I give you my padKontrol if you give me your lemur ;)

BTW, what is a XOX interface?

dude, you've got a lemur, do you really need something else?

purusha

Post by purusha » Tue Aug 26, 2008 4:13 pm

XOX = 808, 909 etc.

infiniteB

Ultimate XOX interface and MIDI controller

Post by infiniteB » Thu Aug 28, 2008 11:43 pm

Ultimate multitrack XOX interface and 16-track MIDI controller -- you can even change the XOX quantization live... Yamaha RS7000... don't sleep it... I know it's not a plugin, but if you want the ultimate interface for want you want, YOU CAN NOT GET BETTER THAN THIS

kraze

Post by kraze » Fri Aug 29, 2008 12:08 pm

I don't think someone has done this yet for the lemur, but I've always used a bunch of early 2000's plug-ins that lets you do this and use midi learn. It even turns the padkontrol into a 16-step sequencer without hacking it.

supamonsta

Post by supamonsta » Tue Sep 02, 2008 9:23 am

RS7000...
I really loved my RM1X, by the ability to write your sequences with XOX style, but also a lot with the ability to record and overdub midi on a looped sequence (record the kick on the first loop, then overdub the snare, then the hihats...without stopping the loop)

I don't miss the XOX, but the "loop overdub midi record" misses me a lot. Is there a way to do it in live, without using the arrangement window?

excuse me for hijacking this post ;)

@kraze : what plug or app are you talkin' about please?

best regards

pucklermuskau

Post by pucklermuskau » Mon Sep 08, 2008 12:46 am

if you've got a lemur, id suggest you check out the 'Molar' vst plugin designed for the monome. It's recently been ported to the lemur with good success...
i drop on the lokeymassive