Rendering In Ableton...

Share your favorite Ableton Live tips, tricks, and techniques.
ef2020

Rendering In Ableton...

Post by ef2020 » Tue Sep 23, 2008 7:55 pm

Hey guys,

Firstly I have searched this out but cannot find anything of similar relevance to what I'm about to ask.

I have completed a digital House mix on Ableton of 12 tracks (all of approx 320kbps, so quite spacious! ~15MB each)

However, when I render this as a mix to enable me to share it with a friend, I cannot reduce it to less than 400MB (or thereabouts...)

I have tried zipping the file also afterwards, but this only knocks off a few MB.

Does anybody know a way around this so I can reduce it a bit more, whilst simultaneously not massively compromising on the sound quality??

Your help would be much appreciated...

:)

vinkalmann

Post by vinkalmann » Mon Oct 20, 2008 11:03 pm

Live renders audio in WAV of AIFF format. Both are uncompressed audio types. The reason the tracks that you are using are so small is that they are MP3s. If you were to use the same tracks in WAV format they would likely be in the neighborhood of 80 - 100 MB each.

Zipping WAV format files will do almost nothing for you. What you want to do is take the file that Live rendered and convert that to MP3. This can be done using iTunes, dbPowerAmp, Lame Mp3 encoders...there's lots of options. ITunes is likely the easiest way. Check iTunes documentation for help.
[Guide to Mixing in Arrangement View^][Guide to Warping in Ableton Live^]

Superchibisan

Post by Superchibisan » Mon Oct 20, 2008 11:23 pm

turn it into flac or mp3 (highest bit rate possible)