All times are UTC

Post subject: Dear Lyca Mobile UK customer support,
PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 9:54 am 

Dear Lyca Mobile UK customer support,

I would like to say I'm a happy new customer having just purchased one of your greatly advertised SIM cards for 99p. I mostly wish to access the internet with my shiny new SIM card.
I topped up my new SIM card with £15. I visited your Website to look at the Bundles on offer. Unfortunately there are no easy to read instructions for activating an Internet Bundle using my mobile phone, the only instructions are to pay online with a "Buy Now" button. So for now I thought I would use your "Standard Rate" until I could find instructions for activating an Internet Bundle by mobile phone.

But, here come's the problem, after downloading about 200 MB of data my credit ran out so I contacted your customer support to find out the reason why? They tell me the standard rate is 12p per MB. So convert that to GB by multiplying 12p by 1024 and that works out to be £122.88 per GB. How as a company can you justify this grossly overpriced service? That's 100 times more expensive than an Internet Bundle per GB, to watch a movie online you would have to work for half a week and no where was I advised of this on your website.

So yes you made a profit off of me of £15 but have lost me as a customer, by the time you have paid the secretary to deal with your wages, the manager who manages you and who's job your after, the cleaner to clean your office, the electricity to light your office, the air conditioning to cool your office, the office furniture, the computer, the telephone, the alarm system, the fire sprinkler system, the building, the building insurance, the car park for you to park your car, the cost of making my shiny new SIM card, the installation of your transmitters and other costs I have not covered you have made a great loss. The only way to recoup this great loss is to pass it on to your existing customers who are mostly foreign, many not being able to understand your English written website. If I an Englishman have been swindled out of my money what chance do they have?

So I think you should know my home computer and mobile phone's WIFI Hostname reads "Lyca Mobile Charges £123 per GB :(". Having a very high powered WIFI adapter which has an external aerial my signal covers my entire town, so I doubt you're be getting many new customers where I live or where I travel to.

I hope you have enjoyed reading this email as much as I have writing it?

Thank you for swindling me of £15 and please be polite to your office cleaner who has to clean up after the animals.
Don't get too friendly with your secretary and try to pass on your Lyca Mobile phone number to her at the office party however drunk she is, she may be polite to you have beautiful legs that goes on for miles but unfortunately for you she want's a man that is going somewhere, not a man who works for Lyca mobile UK who's only way of making a profit is by swindling in advised new customers of their hard earned wages and passing on losses to existing foreign customers.

Mr Paul G Griffiths.

Post subject: Re: Dear Lyca Mobile UK customer support,
PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 10:19 am 
Site Admin

Why posting this here????

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 8:14 pm 

[jur] wrote:
Why posting this here????

Why? Because this part of your forum is called the lounge for off-topic discussion and some people may be interested in the obscenely expensive pricing of Lyca UK Mobile?

Though it obviously seems like you want to embarrass me? So shell I include your company too? You charge an excessive amount for a piece of software as if your Microsoft though even Microsoft only charges £90 for windows which is extensively more developed than your live software. Then there's push, cost's more than a very impressive laptop when it only contains an 8 bit processor costing £5, 64 buttons and LED's and a few knobs and 8 little led screens. Shell I continue with your synths and samples too? :oops:

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 11:02 pm 
Site Admin

???!! If you can make music with just an OS then why not, but otherwise the comparison doesn't make sense imho.
Btw, I was trying to embarrass you, and don't wee why it seems so obvious in your opinion. Of course this is the Lounge, but your post looks like the email you've sent to Lyca Mobile, not like you're speaking to forum members... that's precisely why I asked.
Of course you can keep on with synths and samples, I don't mind at all and nobody can't stop me from being in love with Operator.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 11:31 pm 

Quality post, it's like Falling Down meets The Office. In thread form. Paul, this might help: http://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/mobile-phones

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:57 am 

[jur] wrote:
and nobody can't stop me from being in love with Operator.

Talking of operator... Here's an idea I posted last night. Thought you devs playing tiddlywinks with morphine tablets need a VERY simple hand:
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=226680

Sorry for calling you all stupid but... is there a brain cell between you all?.... NOPE :mrgreen:

Anyways, watch out, in a month or 2 summer will be over and ill start my next project, which happens to be an clone of your software but I obviously have a greater imagination and have become a great programmer, I have even dabbled with 3D ghraphics and created an advanced portals engine.

Did you invent the clip view? may be not, about 15 years ago a simple DJ software was available, can't remember it's name. I started creating a sample player to go along with it, a few tracks and sample below sample. Yes I noticed that a button could launch a row of samples but stopped because lack of interest.
Yes, few years later I came across live and was kind of impressed, but today I believe I can do a lot better...
Some of you may remember me as AVA, About 6-8 years ago I was developing a VST plugin lighting kit... My programming skills have improved a great deal since then and yes my new software will include lighting too.
The GUI will be 3D but 2D style, the lighting will shine over the GUI looking great while you play.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 6:28 am 
Site Admin

Ok

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 6:53 am 

[jur] wrote:
Ok

Don't get me wrong, live is great software, I can play live like it's playing the best music ever heard, it's the crossader that does it, group a few tracks and a delay or two, a filter and possibly others too, assign crossfader to them and the crossfader becomes very creative. Also crossfading beats at the same time with very accurate timing.

It's just that yea, the idea I posted makes me believe I could do even better with my own software... plus keeping up with purchasing each new version of live is like taking out a second mortgage. At the price you set you should be giving free updates for life.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 11:54 am 

i just had a look at this 3d thingy

https://www.audiogl.com/en/

i noticed it a few years back but it seemed to get mothballed for a while. but now it seems to be up and running again. i just installed the trial anyway