Gear Recommendation: Foot Controller

Discuss anything related to audio or music production.
penguinpajamas

Gear Recommendation: Foot Controller

Post by penguinpajamas » Sat May 04, 2019 9:18 pm

Hello! I mentioned this in another thread but I"m back to this forum after a hiatus! Glad to see people are still posting.

I picked up a re-amp box recently and have been having lots of enjoyment in using Ableton's effects and plugins for guitar processing instead of pedals. It's definitely saving me a lot of money :D

I've been wanting to be a little bit more expressive with these effects, and would love to pick up a MIDI foot controller that I could map to different parameters. This is the first thing that's come up form my search: https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail ... OoQAvD_BwE

There are lots of fancy boards in this regard, and I'm not really looking for anything too special. Mostly just a board with MIDI-assignable switches, preferably both toggle and momentary capable, and one or two expression pedals. I've seen some fancy pressure-sensitive iterations of this, and I'd rather avoid anything like that, or something that depends on the direction of your pressing or anything.

Honestly, the controller I posted above is pretty much what I'm looking for, but I've heard the initial setup and configuration can be a major pain and it sound a bit overly complicated for what I want. Still considering it though!

Anybody have any recommendations or experience with the above controller?

Thanks!

cmkadmin

Re: Gear Recommendation: Foot Controller

Post by cmkadmin » Sun May 05, 2019 12:50 am

I’ve been looking at the Nektar Pacer

fishmonkey

Post by fishmonkey » Sun May 05, 2019 12:59 am

hey pp, there was a recent related thread, here:

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=233762&hilit=midi+pedal+controller

Mareq

Post by Mareq » Sat Jun 12, 2021 10:40 am

Hello.
I created a full and automatic Ableton Live and Nektar Pacer foot controller integration: https://payhip.com/mareq
It configures Pacer automatically, sets the colors according to Live's tracks colors, full LED feedback, record and trigger clips, group tracks support, audio overdubbing, zero need of Pacer configuration, automatic track arming, undo/delete all clips, scene/tracks mode, etc.
Full workflow for efficient live looping and operating Live clips by foots.
You could check it out :)

stringtapper

Post by stringtapper » Sat Jun 19, 2021 2:45 pm

Roland FC-300 is what I use.
Unsound Designer