Do you think Ableton Support sucks ?

Discuss anything related to audio or music production.
weinsist

Re: Do you think Ableton Support sucks ?

Post by weinsist » Mon Apr 18, 2022 7:22 am

While I think op's approach may be a bit aggressive, I can confirm that Ableton support does indeed suck.
I'm currently in the midst of a license transfer request that is on complete ignore. It's just ridiculous.

I've bought and sold software/hardware with Native Instruments, Arturia, etc and the process took 30 minutes at most, any day of the week.
The seller and I are sitting here 3 days in with 0 response or resolution to our ownership transfer. Total radio silence.

And for you clowns that are defending these tech companies that are selling an $800 product and justifying the Covid-19 delay excuse?
Yeah well it's 4/18/2022 and here we are....

It's shocking that some of you actually defend and excuse these a-holes.
You're spending your hard earned cash on a product and should expect a timely response. MUCH LIKE ANY BUSINESS SHOULD OPERATE.
Oh but now we have to be extra polite and grovel to the support staff in order to have our needs met after spending $7-800 bucks on their product?

ok..

No agenda, just pissed off.

Machinesworking

Post by Machinesworking » Mon Apr 18, 2022 8:25 am

Not that you care, but three days is pretty normal. NI and Arturia have each taken that long or longer for me in the past.
The demo for Live is a lot longer than 3 days, it should all work out fine.
Ableton when I asked about buying a replacement USB cord for the Push 2 sent me one for free, so I have nothing bad to say about them.

[erm]
Site Admin

Post by [erm] » Mon Apr 18, 2022 2:59 pm

You’re welcome to vent, but if you continue to insult the developers by calling them a-holes you will not be allowed to use the forums anymore. We don’t tolerate insults and name calling here.
Ableton Forum Administrator

Mark Williams

Post by Mark Williams » Mon Apr 18, 2022 4:34 pm

weinsist wrote:
Mon Apr 18, 2022 7:22 am

I've bought and sold software/hardware with Native Instruments, Arturia, etc and the process took 30 minutes at most, any day of the week.
The seller and I are sitting here 3 days in with 0 response or resolution to our ownership transfer. Total radio silence.
You expect all this, during a long holiday weekend!!!! Get real. It's a holiday, surely all working people are entitled to bank holidays.
Live 11, M1 Mac Mini, Push 2, Scarlett 18i20 & ADA8200, Softube Console 1 Mk2, Deepmind12, Hydrasynth, Cobalt 8M, Moog Subsequent 25, IK Uno Synth Pro, Plethora X3, Nord Drum 3P

Tuze

Post by Tuze » Sat Aug 13, 2022 1:31 am

Recently made a switch from another daw to ableton. Been running to some big issues, hope they get them fixed, but I'm not too optimistic seeing how they seem to shoot people with generalized bot message.

miyaru

Post by miyaru » Sun Aug 14, 2022 8:56 am

Tuze wrote:
Sat Aug 13, 2022 1:31 am
Recently made a switch from another daw to ableton. Been running to some big issues, hope they get them fixed, but I'm not too optimistic seeing how they seem to shoot people with generalized bot message.
When your question or problem is well specified, and you can exactly state what system you are running, people around here tend to help you. There is a lot of knowledge going around here. So give it a try!
Greetings from Miyaru.
Prodaw i7-7700, 16Gb Ram, Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 3rd gen, ESI M4U eX, Reason 12, Live Suit 10, Push2, Presonus Eris E8 and Monitor Station V2, Lexicon MPX1,
Korg N1, Yamaha RM1x :mrgreen:

jlgrimes

Post by jlgrimes » Sun Aug 21, 2022 5:17 pm

aklisiewicz wrote:
Sat Feb 27, 2021 11:20 pm
:?: I wonder how is your Ableton turnover replies to your requests and tickets ?

I am so disappointed :-(. I use Live since version 3 and ABLETON support went from being excellent to being one of the worst. The worst part is the delay I have to wait for initial response. Within last year I have created several tickets and cannot get anybody to talk or reply even within 2 weeks. The most recent ticket I created was from 10 days ago and still have no contact despite this wasn't even technical support, but an issue related to the licensing and purchase.

I would like to know if the other user have the same experience, because it is becoming so frustrating that I am about switching to another DAW.
On top of that I have one technical issue which I struggle for years, and they still were not able to help me to fix it. The wait time is forever,....
My guess is most probably all are pretty bad. Who does support good? I wrote a ticket a few years ago and they replied within a few days I think and I remember I had to do something (Can't remember) and they forwareded me a YouTube tutorial on how to do it. It resolved my issue I remember needing to email them a few times as they offered suggestions initially and asked various questions but each response was within a day. I thought it was satisfactory in the end because they were responsive. Part of the delay was me taking time to try stuff out. They even emailed me after it work to confirm it fixed the issue.

That said for a DAW that cost as much as Ableton support should be pretty responsive within a few business days I think.

jmljunior

Post by jmljunior » Fri Aug 11, 2023 7:56 pm

I can only describe my Ableton support experience as "truly terrible". After several tickets, I have realized that for anything actually technical (that can't be solved by passing along some generic links to the online manual), forget it, they can't handle it.

How utterly irritating for me to describe my problem, provide a video, a system report, etc., along with a detailed message stating things that I have tried to resolve the problem, only to wait weeks and weeks for a response that tells me to try something I said I already tried. They clearly are not even bothering to read the support requests, never mind trying to provide a quality response or you know, actual support/help.

They want people with difficult support requests to go away. Maybe they want us to go to Bitwig. The support quality is beyond absurd for what they're charging for Suite.