Poll: I have cracked version of Ableton and want support

Discuss anything related to audio or music production.

I stole abeton and want support. No way am I paying for it. Would you support me?

Total votes: 0

beats me

Post by beats me » Wed Dec 17, 2008 8:28 pm

Are you suggesting your password to use this forum should be your serial number?

weeddigger

Post by weeddigger » Wed Dec 17, 2008 8:32 pm

That would be a huge fucking password...

How about my Car's VIN #?
If you can imagine it, it can happen...

knotkranky

Post by knotkranky » Wed Dec 17, 2008 8:36 pm

there ya go

SubFunk

Post by SubFunk » Wed Dec 17, 2008 8:37 pm

manual coming soon>
Last edited by SubFunk on Wed Dec 17, 2008 8:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
*** Image GAFM ***

8O

Post by 8O » Wed Dec 17, 2008 8:42 pm

^^ :lol: :lol:

lola

Post by lola » Wed Dec 17, 2008 8:44 pm

Think it's very lame to use a crack and ask for support.... very lame

beats me

Post by beats me » Wed Dec 17, 2008 8:50 pm

Rave wrote:
beats me wrote:Are you suggesting your password to use this forum should be your serial number?
No.

Cubase.net have a scheme where by you can register with a normal password and post freely. The key thing is that you have to register your dongle with your forum name in a private field. If you don't your membership is revoked after a short time period - let's say 2 weeks for ableton users who download the demo. Please note that Cubase doesn't have a demo.
Is the cubase forum as fun and zany as this one? Actually, is any other DAW forum?

twisted-space

Post by twisted-space » Wed Dec 17, 2008 8:53 pm

beats me wrote: Is the cubase forum as fun and zany as this one? Actually, is any other DAW forum?
Or any other forum?

Well maybe http://www.b3ta.com/board/

But then again maybe not.

SubFunk

Post by SubFunk » Wed Dec 17, 2008 8:54 pm

i do a proof of purchase of ableton live, plus a 150,- euros entrance fee and the must to be fully dressed in ableton uniform (only t-shirt does not account) for the berlin ableton user group meetings, to keep it super exclusive. on top of it all people who attend need to adress me for the full duration of the meeting as MR. BIG A... and knee down in front of an ableton member whenever they ask a question. that also increases the quality of the meetings.

it's great fun and keeps up the vibe.

so i seriously think we should implement that friendly, human and public accessible recipe to the forum as well. i mean it's for music lovers, right?
*** Image GAFM ***

last man on earth

Post by last man on earth » Wed Dec 17, 2008 8:55 pm

No purchase, no support - support should require serial number and only come from the email that was used when the serial was registered.

Srsly, that kind of shit (cracking software) is what will:

1. prolong the release of the next version
2. waste valuable time that could be going toward development
3. quite possibly cause Ableton and other small companies to start charging for customer support
4. quite likely increase the cost of the next version
5. bring about harsh security measures like iloks/dongles/proprietary hardware

Those "maybes" listed above are enough reason for me to punch someone using a crack right in the nuts.

Seriously, if you think this shit should be free, try making the software yourself, full time with no development team, then giving the software away for free, and see how long you last before you're sleeping in a gutter.

Or, better yet, write up some reasonable legislation that will get winning votes and is for decriminalizing copyright infringement - if enough people believe that downloading and cracking shouldn't be illegal, you should have no problem getting the votes you need to make something like this pass (but be ready for that proprietary hardware purchase, though).
Last edited by last man on earth on Wed Dec 17, 2008 8:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

j2j

Post by j2j » Wed Dec 17, 2008 8:56 pm

Not again...

Didn't we just have a huge thread, about the importance of buying your software?

No pay? No play!!

8) 8)

It is important to buy your software.
too many lasers...

knotkranky

Post by knotkranky » Wed Dec 17, 2008 8:59 pm

lola wrote:Think it's very lame to use a crack and ask for support.... very lame
What's really lame is saying you have a crack.

Just stay away from the truth and go the distance.

then ask for support.

SubFunk

Post by SubFunk » Wed Dec 17, 2008 9:02 pm

Rave wrote:
SubFunk wrote:i am for a proof of purchase of ableton live, plus a 150,- euros entrance fee for the next berlin ableton user group meeting, to keep it exclusive.

so, i sing the song. with my ableton elite bunch.
Where do I sign up? :lol:
sorry mate, i edited my post, but however
you don't fulfill the requirements to sign up, our circle is to exclusive. and we like to keep it that way. no change necessary.
*** Image GAFM ***

hacktheplanet

Post by hacktheplanet » Wed Dec 17, 2008 9:07 pm

It IS black and white: Buy the software, receive support.
Buy the software or the ableton.com/forums hordes will come to your house and kill your family and eat your baby. And possibly smash your computer.

SubFunk

Post by SubFunk » Wed Dec 17, 2008 9:19 pm

Rave wrote:
SubFunk wrote:
Rave wrote: Where do I sign up? :lol:
sorry mate, i edited my post, but however
you don't fulfill the requirements to sign up, our circle is to exclusive. and we like to keep it that way. no change necessary.
That' ok. I was being kind anyhow. TBH there is only one club that is worthy of my membership:

http://forum.ableton.com/viewtopic.php? ... highlight=
:D

but this discussion / joke is getting lame... i think we are all clear that we support the general attitude to pay for your software.

and help people in need:

"If someone uses Live and comes across as arrogant prick and spams the forum with stupid requests or deliberately radiates a bad vibe, then I would rather not want to support that person. Even if he she bought the software... " R.H.

i just like to contribute myself as best and much as i can to keep the forum a nice place to be. that's all.
*** Image GAFM ***