Poll: I have cracked version of Ableton and want support

Discuss anything related to audio or music production.

I stole abeton and want support. No way am I paying for it. Would you support me?

Total votes: 0

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Wed Dec 17, 2008 9:26 pm

there are some pretty cool forumites who don't use Live or even make much music anymore, read closely.

between a prick with a legit copy and a nice guy with a crack, I'd try to help the nice guy get going.

cracks aren't going away, IMO they have to look at them as a way to get people to drop A THOUSAND DOLLARS on their software, try before you buy. if it breaks, well, the first step is to go legit.
In my life
Why do I smile
At people who I'd much rather kick in the eye?
-Moz

SubFunk

Post by SubFunk » Wed Dec 17, 2008 9:30 pm

Rave wrote:
SubFunk wrote:
Rave wrote: That' ok. I was being kind anyhow. TBH there is only one club that is worthy of my membership:

http://forum.ableton.com/viewtopic.php? ... highlight=
:D

but this discussion / joke is getting lame... i think we are all clear that we support the general attitude to pay for your software.

and help people in need:

"If someone uses Live and comes across as arrogant prick and spams the forum with stupid requests or deliberately radiates a bad vibe, then I would rather not want to support that person. Even if he she bought the software... " R.H.

i just like to contribute myself as best and much as i can to keep the forum a nice place to be. that's all.
It's all good tis only a discussion. :) Over the years I have helped a shit load of people out and nothing will stop me from doing that. Me here for the music and the banter too :)
right!, you see the possibility of this kind of discussions / conversations do make this very forum exactly so special for me.

and i not even have a valid serial for it.
*** Image GAFM ***

SubFunk

Post by SubFunk » Wed Dec 17, 2008 9:33 pm

Tone Deft wrote:there are some pretty cool forumites who don't use Live or even make much music anymore, read closely.

between a prick with a legit copy and a nice guy with a crack, I'd try to help the nice guy get going.

cracks aren't going away, IMO they have to look at them as a way to get people to drop A THOUSAND DOLLARS on their software, try before you buy. if it breaks, well, the first step is to go legit.
all said already, and yes agreed again... any one becoming a real USER will purchase anyway. and hopefully not turning into an ass because he paid. (lot's of people become asses as soon as money is involved, seriously, though :lol: )
*** Image GAFM ***

SubFunk

Post by SubFunk » Wed Dec 17, 2008 9:34 pm

Rave wrote:
SubFunk wrote:
Rave wrote: It's all good tis only a discussion. :) Over the years I have helped a shit load of people out and nothing will stop me from doing that. Me here for the music and the banter too :)
right!, you see the possibility of this kind of discussions / conversations do make this very forum exactly so special for me.

and i not even have a valid serial for it.

This could be the next Ableton meet. I think the ableton logo on these garments would be quite fetching :lol:

we are better, our hats are way higher.
*** Image GAFM ***

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Wed Dec 17, 2008 9:42 pm

btw thanks for the George roll in the poll, the song is back 'the very next day.' :x

I was in a deli and that song came on, I was seriously going to walk out but it was just a commercial, I only had to hear 10 seconds of the track. I'm fucked for life every Xmas, thanks!
In my life
Why do I smile
At people who I'd much rather kick in the eye?
-Moz

SubFunk

Post by SubFunk » Wed Dec 17, 2008 9:44 pm

Rave wrote:
SubFunk wrote:
we are better, our hats are way higher.

This high?

:lol:

:lol: close!
*** Image GAFM ***

ThrowAway

Post by ThrowAway » Thu Dec 18, 2008 4:08 am

one of the big wigs said he would support a user of a cracked copy because he knows it will benefit him in some of you still have a problem?

"nah... we like the open forum. Someone found a crack, uses it for a while, needs help, realizes that the forum is a friendly place, realizes that Live is more than just a boring time-streching DJ replacement, and eventually buys the product. I mean, who has never used a crack of say Photoshop, or MSWord in his or her life? Who has never shared copyrighted music? If someone uses Live and comes across as arrogant prick and spams the forum with stupid requests or deliberately radiates a bad vibe, then I would rather not want to support that person. Even if he she bought the software...

my private 2 cents

Rob"

if your one of the people who voted no why dont you go through your hard drives and delete all the stolen music you have on there or you do not have a problem with stolen music? Im sure at least 17 of you are guilty and are hypocrites.

last man on earth

Post by last man on earth » Thu Dec 18, 2008 4:59 am

ThrowAway wrote:one of the big wigs said he would support a user of a cracked copy because he knows it will benefit him in some of you still have a problem?

"nah... we like the open forum. Someone found a crack, uses it for a while, needs help, realizes that the forum is a friendly place, realizes that Live is more than just a boring time-streching DJ replacement, and eventually buys the product. I mean, who has never used a crack of say Photoshop, or MSWord in his or her life? Who has never shared copyrighted music? If someone uses Live and comes across as arrogant prick and spams the forum with stupid requests or deliberately radiates a bad vibe, then I would rather not want to support that person. Even if he she bought the software...

my private 2 cents

Rob"

if your one of the people who voted no why dont you go through your hard drives and delete all the stolen music you have on there or you do not have a problem with stolen music? Im sure at least 17 of you are guilty and are hypocrites.
i understand what RH said in the other thread, and that's his decision to make regarding a policy for his company. I, however, have never, do not, nor will I ever support cracks, stolen software, or music, unless the author specifically states in no uncertain terms that their product is free, and I don't own any stolen music, either. In fact, I have no problem with people being reported and going to jail and/or being fined for such activity. I respect the artists I listen to, and while I feel as though the major distributors and studios have ripped off both the consumers as well as the artists, I will always support the artists I love, and will go out of my way to make sure that my purchase gets them the most money, which usually means buying directly from them at a show, online at their website, or through a site which sells high quality, artist-approved quality mp3's. Luckily for me, my tastes have wandered with age to an area of music where there is a lot of free product, and I'm happy for it, but I'd rather go without than steal and think that it's ok, or look my favorite artists in the eyes and try telling them how much I like their work and respect them.

The unfortunate thing about business in the community local to this planet we live on is that you have to accept some ratio of loss, which is unavoidable in any circumstances - Henke understands the issue, and if the ratio of customers to thieves is in his favor, it's better to not let it keep you up at night and focus on what makes this software worth buying.

Willyum

Post by Willyum » Thu Dec 18, 2008 6:37 am

I personally HATE assholes!

I have 3 purchased licenses for Ableton Live.

And the only reason I bought them was because the staff at Ableton helped me even though they knew I was using cracked software. The same thing happened with propellerheads Reason. I am now a dedicated 'life'r' with continued legitimate purchases of both companies.

My first Daw (10+ years ago) was Cubase, purchased legitimately, And I got the shittiest support from them.

Back to Assholes, There are Quite a few of them here on this forum and it almost made me feel like I didn't want anything to do with this whole Live community! luckily the majority is of beautiful people. Yes, some people O.D. on stupid questions that are answered multiple times throughout the manual that also came with their cracked copy. But a lot of you guys need to realize, when people feel welcomed, they will eventually also feel more inclined to support and BE part of the family.
"I spent my life, laughing, wondering if crazy people even realized that they're crazy.......then one day, I realized..." - Flippa

ewistrand

Post by ewistrand » Thu Dec 18, 2008 2:39 pm

ThrowAway wrote: if your one of the people who voted no why dont you go through your hard drives and delete all the stolen music you have on there or you do not have a problem with stolen music? Im sure at least 17 of you are guilty and are hypocrites.
You lose there as well- everything on my machine's legit. Nice try, though :)

ew

Patch

Post by Patch » Thu Dec 18, 2008 7:03 pm

I'm nice to nice people. If someone asks for help, and I'm in a position to help 'em, I'll do it. If they are a punk after I've helped 'em I won't help 'em again.

If I asked you for the time, would you ask me if I owned a watch?

SubFunk

Post by SubFunk » Thu Dec 18, 2008 7:10 pm

Patch wrote:I'm nice to nice people. If someone asks for help, and I'm in a position to help 'em, I'll do it. If they are a punk after I've helped 'em I won't help 'em again.

If I asked you for the time, would you ask me if I owned a watch?
some people do, as you can see and like to charge you by the second for it. :lol:

and it's actually not even funny.
*** Image GAFM ***

SimonPHC

Post by SimonPHC » Thu Dec 18, 2008 7:58 pm

ThrowAway wrote:if your one of the people who voted no why dont you go through your hard drives and delete all the stolen music you have on there or you do not have a problem with stolen music? Im sure at least 17 of you are guilty and are hypocrites.
They would be hypocrites if they were asking for support on those illegal goods.

Patch

Post by Patch » Thu Dec 18, 2008 8:51 pm

Crap. Ya got me there, Subfunk... :oops:

telekom

Post by telekom » Thu Dec 18, 2008 8:58 pm

LADIES AND GENTLEMEN, YOU ARE BEING TROLLED...

But we like that sort of thing round here so that's OK.
MacBook Pro Retina, Live 9.5, Reason, UC33, KRK RP5s, Teenage Engineering OP1, Korg ESX2, Korg Prophecy, Clavia Nord Lead, Bass, Guitars.
http://soundcloud.com/motorradkinophone