transferring ableton live to a new computer

Discuss anything related to audio or music production.
amon2385

transferring ableton live to a new computer

Post by amon2385 » Wed May 06, 2009 10:51 am

i am soon to be getting a new macbook laptop. i currently own an imac G5 with ableton live 8 on it.

do i have to buy ableton again since i am getting a new computer?

thanks!

Gab

Re: transferring ableton live to a new computer

Post by Gab » Wed May 06, 2009 10:58 am

You are allowed two activations of Live, provided you don't use it on two different computers at the same time.

http://www.ableton.com/pages/faq/license

• How many computers can I install Live on?

You can install Live on two of your own computers (Mac, PC or both) if you have registered your serial number on our registration page and you will not be using both computers at the same time.

If you want to run Live on several machines simultaneously, or if your personal hardware set-up includes more than two computers, you can purchase each additional license for half the price of a standard full version.

If you send us your address, your registered Live serial number and what you want to order, we can process your order right away.

Please write to customercare@ableton.com or send a fax to 0049 30 288 763 269.
'If they act too hip, you know they can’t play shit.'

amon2385

Post by amon2385 » Wed May 06, 2009 7:47 pm

thanks very much!

davidengelhard1

Post by davidengelhard1 » Thu Feb 28, 2019 7:10 pm

what If I have it authorized on 2 computers but I'm getting rid of one of them and want to put it on a new 2nd computer.

Can I deauthorize the one im selling and put it on a new 2nd computer?

[jur]
Site Admin

Post by [jur] » Thu Feb 28, 2019 9:39 pm

davidengelhard1 wrote:
Thu Feb 28, 2019 7:10 pm
what If I have it authorized on 2 computers but I'm getting rid of one of them and want to put it on a new 2nd computer.

Can I deauthorize the one im selling and put it on a new 2nd computer?
You have unlocks for 2 machines by default. So you can authorize your 2nd machine without any issue.
I suppose you're going to format the computer's drive you're selling so you don't need to search for every Live files you'd need to delete.
If in the future you need to authorize a 2nd computer again, you'd need to contact support an explain your situation so they could credit you an extra unlock.
But if you want to do all the formal stuffs as your selling your computer I'd suggest to contact suppot@ableton.com right now, and asking them if they can de-authorise your 1st computer right now.
Ableton Forum Moderator

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Tue Mar 05, 2019 5:42 pm

yeah, just contact support. they're real good about it. state your case and they'll get you sorted.
LoopStationZebra wrote:it's like a hipster commie pinko manifesto. Rambling. Angry. Nearly divorced from all reality; yet strangely compelling with a ring of truth.