How long before one of those Toyota Execs commits suicide?

Discuss anything related to audio or music production.
LoopStationZebra

How long before one of those Toyota Execs commits suicide?

Post by LoopStationZebra » Sat Jan 30, 2010 4:30 pm

Taking bets now.

:P
I came for the :lol:
But stayed for the :x

aizo

Re: How long before one of those Toyota Execs commits suicide?

Post by aizo » Sat Jan 30, 2010 4:44 pm

I don't think they will, look at what happened to Ford and Firestone. Ford is well.....somewhat fine now. At least Firestone is not their problem.
ImageImage

oddtones001

Post by oddtones001 » Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:05 pm

I hope none of those guys commit seppa ku but even more I hope no one that has purchased a Toyota gets killed because of a defect. I have to give Toyota credit for suspending production until they solve the problem. Most automakers wouldn't do that. They would normally keep building then fix everything "in the field" as I have done for Ford. I racked up many overtime hours in massive parking lots of railroad stations with air compressors and torque wrenches. We did have wireless scanners to scan bar codes on the vent glass to buy off any unit that was repaired off of the list of trucks with known defects. That did lessen the chance of a defect getting to a customer. The Firestone thing nearly killed us, then Jack Nasser lying to Congress about the fucked up tires. I'm not shitting on Ford. They closed our plant but I had retired on medical so they still pay me. I purchased most of my gear while I was still working. I give Ford credit for not taking a handout from the U.S. govt. I kind of thought they would be first in line for one. Auto manufacturing is a beast like no other. I would tell new hires when I was training them to remove logic and common sense from their vocabularies. They were going to see things that defy those concepts everyday. They would come to understand after they had been there awhile. I do miss the chaos and craziness of working in an auto plant. Every time the line stopped, management would all shit bricks and nearly stroke out over how big the gap in the assembly line was and how many "jobs" were lost in any particular hour. I still love the crazy bastards. They have been very good to me.
Mac Pro quad 2.6 ghz, OS X 10.6.8,Rosetta 200,Apogee X-FireWire card,Joe MeekVC1Q,MS2000, Logic 9,Live 8,Operator,Mackie Big Knob, JBL LSR 4328s,Audio Technica,AKG,Neumann,Radius,Virus TI Snow,PadKontrol,Launchpad, Maschine, Tempest.

Bizon

Post by Bizon » Mon Feb 01, 2010 4:01 pm

LoopStationZebra wrote:Taking bets now.

:P

As soon as they announced the recall, I thought this very thing. Seems like when something like this happens there is at least on suicide.

I hope there is no suicedes but if there is...I say February 14.

beats me

Post by beats me » Mon Feb 01, 2010 5:27 pm

Of course the part in question was manufactured in the US and our typical response will be "Yeah, so what buddy. Get over it. Shit happens." No suicides.

ThrowAway

Post by ThrowAway » Wed Feb 03, 2010 7:09 pm

the estimated cost of potential lawsuits was greater than the cost of stopping production. thats why they stopped. or maybe the the loss of reputation would have cost them more than stopping either way. its not noble its bussiness.

UKRuss

Post by UKRuss » Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:36 pm

Since I assume Toyota execs drive Toyota's..I guess it won't be very long.

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:38 pm

UKRuss wrote:Since I assume Toyota execs drive Toyota's..I guess it won't be very long.
:lol: lower level maybe?? naw they don't. At bare minimum they probably drive Lexus

ThrowAway

Post by ThrowAway » Thu Feb 04, 2010 5:18 am

H20nly wrote: :lol: lower level maybe?? naw they don't. At bare minimum they probably drive Lexus

made in the same plant with the same parts.

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Thu Feb 04, 2010 5:47 am

^ Indeed, but you see what I'm saying right?

ThrowAway

Post by ThrowAway » Thu Feb 04, 2010 5:55 pm

H20nly wrote:^ Indeed, but you see what I'm saying right?

Is that an existential question?

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Thu Feb 04, 2010 7:51 pm

8O feed back loop :lol:

we could start our own philosophical thread in which every question begets more questions while never truly defining the last... instead, let me just say that I bet the execs at Toyota don't drive too far down from top of the line autos, but either way... yep, they're made in the same places with a shit pot of the same parts. They'll have already had theirs repaired before the recalls I'd wager though...

oddtones001

Post by oddtones001 » Sat Feb 20, 2010 8:19 am

I know this is a tired thread but I have to admit that after working in a Ford truck plant for 15 years and all of the shit I heard from people about how superior Toyota and Honda were when compared to American auto companies, it's kind of nice to see that the Japanese are very capable of of making automobiles that are less than perfect that generate massive recalls. It's not that I like for them to suffer or want anyone to get hurt. It's just nice to see that they are human and are capable of imperfection. Ford constantly reminded us that Toyota was the bogeyman that was trying to put us out of a job and we had to always strive to be better than Toyota. I never cared about the trucks. I cared about the poor bastard that purchased our product that made a monthly payment with his hard earned money. I wanted his future business and to not loose it because of some bullshit defect that could have been prevented by taking pride in our work. Lean manufacturing with little or no waste and quality were my specialties and my responsibilities.
Mac Pro quad 2.6 ghz, OS X 10.6.8,Rosetta 200,Apogee X-FireWire card,Joe MeekVC1Q,MS2000, Logic 9,Live 8,Operator,Mackie Big Knob, JBL LSR 4328s,Audio Technica,AKG,Neumann,Radius,Virus TI Snow,PadKontrol,Launchpad, Maschine, Tempest.

ThrowAway

Post by ThrowAway » Sat Feb 20, 2010 4:42 pm

they added probable recalls on their corrollas last week. Which has more on the road than any other model car.

3dot...

Post by 3dot... » Sat Feb 20, 2010 6:14 pm

...someone's gonna die .. that's for sure.