Nebulae is good people

Discuss anything related to audio or music production.
cosmosuave

Re: Nebulae is good people

Post by cosmosuave » Tue Feb 02, 2010 2:21 pm

roach808 wrote:he's a classy dude, we've had ice cream together it was nice.
8)
He and Miss Neb had dinner at my house last May... Great peeps... Drag they live in houston or I would hang out with them all the time...
MD SPS-1 DARKENERGY JX-3P (PG200) Mbase01
http://soundcloud.com/cosmosuave
http://www.cosmosuave.com/

Hidden Driveways

Post by Hidden Driveways » Tue Feb 02, 2010 2:22 pm

I was wondering what happened to Nebbish, then this thread reminded me that he built his own forum. As long as he hangs out in his little NSFW utopia exclusively, I guess I won't be seeing much of the guy.

:|

..pardon me, I gotta go to the restroom for a moment...

:cry:

nebulae

Post by nebulae » Tue Feb 02, 2010 3:20 pm

Wow, this is a whole lotta love. Thanks very much, everyone.

Since I don't come around here very much, let me just take this opportunity to address a few things...

First, the main reason I left is that I just didn't have time for this place any more. Between Facebook, Nebulae.com, Uvumi, T61, Last.fm, ALDJ, Mrs. Neb, Neb Jr., the job, possibly moving to New Orleans, possibly moving back to New York, making music, and masturbation, something had to give. Of course, it didn't help that this place got more and more negative. And of course, when there's a bad enough experience with someone you considered a friend, that was the catalyst to take a break. While I missed this place for about three days, I started to realize that it was a huge time drain with very little return. I had spent five years here, and I really didn't increase my listeners very much. Sure, I made some great friends, and those are people I stay in touch with via many of the aforementioned methods of IM and social networking. So at the end of the day, what was left was a negative place, lots of useless banter, bad experiences, no more or better music, and no real return on investment. It was time to go. Since I left about two months ago, I have increased my listeners by about 5000%, no joke. Building a relationship with people who like your music is a valuable return on investment, I'd say.

Second, I didn't build a forum for either my ego or my penis, both of which are absurdly large. I decided to go with a minimal site, no blog, and reverted to a forum as a way to post info about my songs and releases. I hated maintaining Wordpress, and I wanted the simplicity of forums which I was so used to. To that end, all my info became discussions. Then I realized that if people didn't want to discuss them but just read them, maybe they wanted to post useless shit somewhere. So I created the NSFW Unmoderated section. It had a nice run up, then leveled off, and now we have a few regulars. I check it several times a day, and I'm happy to get a nice LOL at least once a day, thanks to the absurd posts there. Just wanted to say that it's not all about me me me...it's a nice place to say whatever YOU want. Anyone is welcome to say anything :) http://nebulae.com/bb (Honorable mention to the Tits, Ass, and Sex With Dolphins threads)

Last but certainly not least, you guys are all great people. Those of you who I've met in person, I've truly enjoyed hanging out with you. Those of you who I haven't met yet, I'd love to do so. The truth is that while this is just words on a screen, there are real relationships that have real impact on our lives. You can hide on the other side and say shit that hurts people, and you'd be successful. But if you take the next step, this global village provides some amazing friendships with amazing people. Hanging out with Beats and Sparky at NAMM: Epic! Fried ice cream with Roach: Creamy! Bourbon Street with ChiDJ: Skanky! Dinner at Cosmosuave's with his fam: Delicious! Multiple visits with ethios4 and his fire-juggling mrs: Awesome! Drinks with contakt321 and Hidden Driveways: Ableterrific! And then there are those who I haven't met yet, but I talk to on the phone or IM...the list is long. And in two weeks, Mardi Gras with Martyn and his mrs should be nothing short of outstanding!!!

If people here want to keep wailing on each other, that's their choice. But I feel like life's too short to spend in all that negativity. I'd much rather enjoy all of your brilliance and positivity with humor and fun. I'd rather listen to your great music and talk about it (I listen to Martyn's, Beats', and Angstrom's music at least a couple of times a month!). I'd rather help you guys when you need something, and get help when I need something. I'd rather punch all of you in the face and then buy you a beer ;)

Until then, you know where to find me. Be well, and treat each other well. *hugs*

LoopStationZebra

Post by LoopStationZebra » Tue Feb 02, 2010 3:58 pm

nebulae wrote:Second, I didn't build a forum for either my ego or my penis, both of which are absurdly large.
lol. neb comes through again.
I came for the :lol:
But stayed for the :x

Nick the Zombie

Post by Nick the Zombie » Tue Feb 02, 2010 4:13 pm

He's not dead, folks. He's just living more of his life in the real world :lol:

But while we're having this mutual masturbation session, Nebsies, I should thank you (profusely) for being the very first person to vouch for me here. I have also enjoyed our phone commiserations very much!

- Nick

smutek

Post by smutek » Tue Feb 02, 2010 4:27 pm

nebulae wrote:
The truth is that while this is just words on a screen, there are real relationships that have real impact on our lives. You can hide on the other side and say shit that hurts people, and you'd be successful. But if you take the next step, this global village provides some amazing friendships with amazing people.
That's the truth.

I've got some shit going on in my life and was in a bad head space yesterday. You reached out and offered me a smile in addition to some kind words and sincere advice. I really appreciated that, hence this thread.

An example of the positive effect words on a screen can have.

I assumed you were still a regular, had no idea you weren't posting here these days. I didn't know about the bit of drama with you and your friend as I only check this board occasionally these days for pretty much the same reasons. I had not analyzed it as thoroughly as you, I just realized it wasn't a great fit and I didn't care for it so much any longer.

You're a good egg Neb. New York is just up the road from me, next time your out here reach out bro, would love to hook up and chill.

Pasha

Post by Pasha » Tue Feb 02, 2010 4:30 pm

LoopStationZebra wrote:
nebulae wrote:Second, I didn't build a forum for either my ego or my penis, both of which are absurdly large.
lol. neb comes through again.
Pure Neb. Not a troll of some kind. :mrgreen:
Mac Studio M1
Live 12 Suite,Zebra ,Valhalla Plugins, MIDI Guitar (2+3),Guitar, Bass, VG99, GP10, JV1010 and some controllers

bosonHavoc

Post by bosonHavoc » Tue Feb 02, 2010 4:39 pm

come here neb i'll give your leg a nice hump... oo yaa

shimmy

Post by shimmy » Tue Feb 02, 2010 4:57 pm

Yes, Nebulae is good people,even though I never met him.

ethios4

Post by ethios4 » Tue Feb 02, 2010 5:54 pm

Glad to hear your inspirational story Neb! Good thoughts. This move to split the forum will hopefully break me out of my forumish ways.....

UKRuss

Post by UKRuss » Tue Feb 02, 2010 6:08 pm

I'm touching myself right now.

Hidden Driveways

Post by Hidden Driveways » Tue Feb 02, 2010 6:30 pm

Nice to hear from you, Nebblit. In general, it's beyond healthy to take a break from routines... whether it's visiting this forum or eating the same thing for lunch too often. But, as far as taking issue with the negativity of this place, I think it's a bit unfair. Human beings can be negative, and the human element is what makes this forum the special place that it is. The freedoms we've been allowed to get away with here are what brought all of those great people into your life. If you have beef with certain members, I can understand. But to say that it's the forum itself that's keeping you away is off balance.

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Tue Feb 02, 2010 7:03 pm

Neb doesn't have any friends, don't listen to him.
Tarekith
Ableton Forum Administrator
https://tarekith.com

Homebelly

Post by Homebelly » Tue Feb 02, 2010 7:15 pm

nebulae wrote:Wow, this is a whole lotta love. Thanks very much, everyone.

Since I don't come around here very much, let me just take this opportunity to address a few things...

First, the main reason I left is that I just didn't have time for this place any more. Between Facebook, Nebulae.com, Uvumi, T61, Last.fm, ALDJ, Mrs. Neb, Neb Jr., the job, possibly moving to New Orleans, possibly moving back to New York, making music, and masturbation, something had to give. Of course, it didn't help that this place got more and more negative. And of course, when there's a bad enough experience with someone you considered a friend, that was the catalyst to take a break. While I missed this place for about three days, I started to realize that it was a huge time drain with very little return. I had spent five years here, and I really didn't increase my listeners very much. Sure, I made some great friends, and those are people I stay in touch with via many of the aforementioned methods of IM and social networking. So at the end of the day, what was left was a negative place, lots of useless banter, bad experiences, no more or better music, and no real return on investment. It was time to go. Since I left about two months ago, I have increased my listeners by about 5000%, no joke. Building a relationship with people who like your music is a valuable return on investment, I'd say.

Second, I didn't build a forum for either my ego or my penis, both of which are absurdly large. I decided to go with a minimal site, no blog, and reverted to a forum as a way to post info about my songs and releases. I hated maintaining Wordpress, and I wanted the simplicity of forums which I was so used to. To that end, all my info became discussions. Then I realized that if people didn't want to discuss them but just read them, maybe they wanted to post useless shit somewhere. So I created the NSFW Unmoderated section. It had a nice run up, then leveled off, and now we have a few regulars. I check it several times a day, and I'm happy to get a nice LOL at least once a day, thanks to the absurd posts there. Just wanted to say that it's not all about me me me...it's a nice place to say whatever YOU want. Anyone is welcome to say anything :) http://nebulae.com/bb (Honorable mention to the Tits, Ass, and Sex With Dolphins threads)

Last but certainly not least, you guys are all great people. Those of you who I've met in person, I've truly enjoyed hanging out with you. Those of you who I haven't met yet, I'd love to do so. The truth is that while this is just words on a screen, there are real relationships that have real impact on our lives. You can hide on the other side and say shit that hurts people, and you'd be successful. But if you take the next step, this global village provides some amazing friendships with amazing people. Hanging out with Beats and Sparky at NAMM: Epic! Fried ice cream with Roach: Creamy! Bourbon Street with ChiDJ: Skanky! Dinner at Cosmosuave's with his fam: Delicious! Multiple visits with ethios4 and his fire-juggling mrs: Awesome! Drinks with contakt321 and Hidden Driveways: Ableterrific! And then there are those who I haven't met yet, but I talk to on the phone or IM...the list is long. And in two weeks, Mardi Gras with Martyn and his mrs should be nothing short of outstanding!!!

If people here want to keep wailing on each other, that's their choice. But I feel like life's too short to spend in all that negativity. I'd much rather enjoy all of your brilliance and positivity with humor and fun. I'd rather listen to your great music and talk about it (I listen to Martyn's, Beats', and Angstrom's music at least a couple of times a month!). I'd rather help you guys when you need something, and get help when I need something. I'd rather punch all of you in the face and then buy you a beer ;)

Until then, you know where to find me. Be well, and treat each other well. *hugs*
TROLL!!!!

:wink:
15" 2.4 MBP/Live/Sampler/Operator/ Home made Dumble clone/Two Strats/One Jazz Bass.
Come and visit any time= Soundcloud

alex.the.forge

Post by alex.the.forge » Wed Feb 03, 2010 12:20 am

Hidden Driveways wrote:Nice to hear from you, Nebblit. In general, it's beyond healthy to take a break from routines... whether it's visiting this forum or eating the same thing for lunch too often. But, as far as taking issue with the negativity of this place, I think it's a bit unfair. Human beings can be negative, and the human element is what makes this forum the special place that it is. The freedoms we've been allowed to get away with here are what brought all of those great people into your life. If you have beef with certain members, I can understand. But to say that it's the forum itself that's keeping you away is off balance.
it's also worth pointing out that Ableton has started moderating a bit more - not in the way a lot of companies do, but b0unce has finally been kicked out and anyone else with the same kind of attitude tends to get the boot now at the hands of the mighty Dom bot.

I post here a lot less too, but I think the tone has improved overall