The Official Postive/Inspirational Quote thread..

Discuss anything related to audio or music production.
Pitch Black

Re: The Official Postive/Inspirational Quote thread..

Post by Pitch Black » Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:05 am

I tried that positive thinking stuff once... I knew it wouldn't work.

anybody human

Post by anybody human » Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:49 am

Have patience with everything unresolved in your heart and try to love the questions themselves, as if they were locked rooms or books written in a very foreign language. Don't search for the answers, which could not be given to you now, because you would not be able to live them. And the point is to live everything. Live the question now. Perhaps then, some day far in the future, you will gradually without even noticing it, live your way into the answer.

-Rainer Maria Rilke

eandersonase

Post by eandersonase » Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:51 am

I won I won I won
A MIC and the STAGE

stringtapper

Post by stringtapper » Tue Feb 09, 2010 6:26 am

"No generality is worth a damn, including this one." — Oliver Wendell Holmes

"Wagner's music is better than it sounds." — Mark Twain

"I would never join a club that would have me as a member." — Groucho Marx

"Some people see things that are and ask, Why? Some people dream of things that never were and ask, Why not? Some people have to go to work and don't have time for all that." — George Carlin (parody of George Bernard Shaw's quote)

And for those in need of some serious uplifting:

"I look at it this way... For centuries now, man has done everything he can to destroy, defile, and interfere with nature: clear-cutting forests, strip-mining mountains, poisoning the atmosphere, over-fishing the oceans, polluting the rivers and lakes, destroying wetlands and aquifers... so when nature strikes back, and smacks him on the head and kicks him in the nuts, I enjoy that. I have absolutely no sympathy for human beings whatsoever. None. And no matter what kind of problem humans are facing, whether it's natural or man-made, I always hope it gets worse." — George Carlin
Unsound Designer