LOST

Discuss anything related to audio or music production.
Emissary

Re: LOST

Post by Emissary » Wed Feb 10, 2010 8:27 am

o0o wrote:will someone tell me what Lost is about in as short a paragraph as possible with the least amount of confusion, simply put Lost is about ?.............................

Lost is about a bunch of writers who got to write a script for a TV series set on an Island. They made the first series quite weird which got people interested but then never explained anything in later series which pissed many people off (not myself though) As the series went along less and less people were interested in it as it confused them too much (which upsets the plebs of the world) But some of us stuck with it an enjoyed its craziness. It got cancelled due to lack of interest just at the time many of us who like it thought it was at its best. It is now in its final season.

With regards to the story......................i dunnno...

sporkles

Post by sporkles » Thu Feb 11, 2010 1:43 pm

^^ Was it cancelled? I thought it was at some point decided that it was *supposed* to end after
six seasons. If Lost was meant to keep on going until interest faded, I'm very disappointed,
and I won't even bother beginning to watch the final season.

MacGuffin

Post by MacGuffin » Thu Feb 11, 2010 2:09 pm

No, it hasn't been cancelled. They didn't know how long the series would be for season 1 and 2, that's why some of the plots lead to nowhere, like Charlie getting back on smack after kicking the habit, or Nicky and Paulo (who Damon Lindelof called Lost's very own Jar Jar Binks).

Some time into the 3rd season they decided to end the show in 5 seasons, which became 6 when the Writer's Guild strike shortened the fourth season. From then on, the storytelling has had much more focus and there's a lot more action.

And the other thing is that ABC told the producers that the show would last 6 seasons no matter what the ratings are. So the writers really had the freedom to do something good for the fans and not some botched job to please network bigwigs.

beats me

Post by beats me » Thu Feb 11, 2010 2:23 pm

I'm jealous of anybody who didn't get sucked into this attention pit from the get go and wants to check it out now. It's a major source of frustration watching this show in real time and waiting week after week. It should be a much more enjoyable experience watching it marathon style from the beginning at the pace you want to.

MacGuffin

Post by MacGuffin » Thu Feb 11, 2010 2:31 pm

beats me wrote:I'm jealous of anybody who didn't get sucked into this attention pit from the get go and wants to check it out now. It's a major source of frustration watching this show in real time and waiting week after week. It should be a much more enjoyable experience watching it marathon style from the beginning at the pace you want to.
haha, me too! :mrgreen:
In a way I am relieved this is the last season, I'll have answers and will be able to stop thinking about it, get on with my life after 6 years of mindfucks.