Next release in about a month... what should I do?

Discuss anything related to audio or music production.
Mint Invader

Re: Next release in about a month... what should I do?

Post by Mint Invader » Fri Feb 05, 2010 5:10 pm

UKRuss wrote:A quick question. Are you self releasing these or are you signed by a recognised label?

I only ask becasue if it is the former then you have to work hard, using some of the techniques already mentioend to promo your work. If the latter, then you have to work hard getting THEM to promo the work for you.

Some of the online services such as reverb nation and groudn zero project will market for you for a fee.

The risk is, it always costs you more than you'll ever make back. but thats your choice.

keep going!
Ya Im with an independent label. Im getting him to do promo work but I want to do what I can as well. This one is really marketable and it just needs to get into peoples hands.
Because Whatever.

Rave

Post by Rave » Fri Feb 05, 2010 6:43 pm

Mint Invader wrote:
UKRuss wrote:A quick question. Are you self releasing these or are you signed by a recognised label?

I only ask becasue if it is the former then you have to work hard, using some of the techniques already mentioend to promo your work. If the latter, then you have to work hard getting THEM to promo the work for you.

Some of the online services such as reverb nation and groudn zero project will market for you for a fee.

The risk is, it always costs you more than you'll ever make back. but thats your choice.

keep going!
Ya Im with an independent label. Im getting him to do promo work but I want to do what I can as well. This one is really marketable and it just needs to get into peoples hands.

If the label is taking a cut of the cash then they should be fooking working for it imo :)

Mint Invader

Post by Mint Invader » Sat Feb 06, 2010 5:27 am

Rave wrote:
If the label is taking a cut of the cash then they should be fooking working for it imo :)
Just got a call from my label. This release is going to move fast. Keep your ears peeled!!!
Because Whatever.

ThrowAway

Post by ThrowAway » Sat Feb 06, 2010 5:42 am

Get a bunch of your 18-20 yr old girlfriends to dance in the bathing suits while you video it. then overdub your song to the video up load it to youtube titled "Hot near naked club chicks dance to electro by what ever your stage name is now and for shits and giggles add the tag deadmou5e for seemingly no reason. Your gurannteed half a million views quick.

Mint Invader

Post by Mint Invader » Sat Feb 06, 2010 6:11 am

ThrowAway wrote:Get a bunch of your 18-20 yr old girlfriends to dance in the bathing suits while you video it. then overdub your song to the video up load it to youtube titled "Hot near naked club chicks dance to electro by what ever your stage name is now and for shits and giggles add the tag deadmou5e for seemingly no reason. Your gurannteed half a million views quick.

BRILLIANT.
Because Whatever.

ThrowAway

Post by ThrowAway » Sat Feb 06, 2010 7:17 am

tell them they can be on your future liner notes or videos. A little convincing and Im sure you could get a lot of girls to do a lot of things :twisted:

3dot...

Post by 3dot... » Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:09 am

ThrowAway wrote:tell them they can be on your future liner notes or videos. A little convincing and Im sure you could get a lot of girls to do a lot of things :twisted:
..best advice yet ! :D