Should the lounge be only visible to logged in Forum members

Discuss anything related to audio or music production.

Visible to everyone
14%
Only shows in the board index when you log in
86%

Total votes: 14

ikeaboy

Should the lounge be only visible to logged in Forum members

Post by ikeaboy » Thu Feb 04, 2010 11:53 pm

That way people could talk more freely in here where somebody googling them won't come across there conversations. Works well on Dubstepforums Secret Ninja Hideout for example

funky shit

Re: Should the lounge be only visible to logged in Forum members

Post by funky shit » Fri Feb 05, 2010 12:22 am

Deffinitaly when you log in :lol:

ubermnd

Post by ubermnd » Fri Feb 05, 2010 1:39 am

hehe, you said 'log'

ThrowAway

Post by ThrowAway » Fri Feb 05, 2010 9:49 pm

How about not saying anything your not willing to man up and admit you said? My passwords are 20 random characters long and I dont memorize any of them. So if I am out and about and check the forum somewhere else other than home I couldnt get in.

beats me

Post by beats me » Fri Feb 05, 2010 11:34 pm

I don't think speaking freely was ever an issue on this board even before The Lounge existed.

Martyn

Post by Martyn » Sat Feb 06, 2010 12:22 pm

They should change the name to 'The Pit' and open it up to guests. Shake it up a bit and encourage good old fashioned trolling. Maybe make a PC v mac sticky thread.

ikeaboy

Post by ikeaboy » Sat Feb 06, 2010 12:43 pm

ThrowAway wrote:How about not saying anything your not willing to man up and admit you said? My passwords are 20 random characters long and I dont memorize any of them. So if I am out and about and check the forum somewhere else other than home I couldnt get in.
I hear ye but you just wouldn't be able to check the Lounge, 20 characters 8O holly router key Batman. People say stupid things online sometime that may not do a great job of representing them. If their forum ID can be easily connected to the ID they use to sell music then ,for example, a coffee/alcohol fuelled rant they should of maybe held back on might end up effecting their reputation. All the same i'm not married to the idea I'm only looking for thoughts on it, and maybe people should be held responsible for shit they post, I just know how easy it is to make a mistake. Also making the Lounge a bit more private might make it a bit more relevant as a place to go a bit mental.