Bloody bike wreck

Discuss anything related to audio or music production.
ethios4

Bloody bike wreck

Post by ethios4 » Fri Feb 05, 2010 3:23 pm

I was walking out of a thai food place near the university yesterday and got hit by a guy riding his bike waaaay fast on the sidewalk. Got thrown several feet, blood pouring from my nose, covered in steamed brown rice. Oh the profanities I unleashed upon that guy!

I went to the hospital to get an x-ray to see if the nose was broken (amazingly it was not) and I called the police so I could file an incident report and get it all documented. Gonna make that cyclist pay my bills, biatch!

So the cop was a huge jerk, told me there was no law against riding a bicycle on a sidewalk, and basically it was my fault. He strongly discouraged me from filing any incident report, since it wouldn't mean anything. I think he just didn't want to fill out paperwork.

Well, it turns out there IS a law against riding a bike on a sidewalk. Looks like I'll be filing a complaint against the cop, as well as the cyclist! The cyclist pisses me off, but that was an accident, even if stupid and preventable. The cop, however....it's one thing to be wrong, but to be a total jerk about it....inexecusable for a cop, whose job is to know the law!!

Bloody pics coming soon....

liveISlife

Re: Bloody bike wreck

Post by liveISlife » Fri Feb 05, 2010 3:47 pm

What kind of rider was it? Speed bike rider? Chilled out hippie bike rider with a basket? One of those street bike kids with pegs and all that? Unicyclist? Or was it one of those row bikes?

LoopStationZebra

Post by LoopStationZebra » Fri Feb 05, 2010 3:52 pm

Any second now we are going to see a post from aqua-tek with the title:

SOME ASSHOLE WALKED RIGHT OUT IN FRONT OF ME YESTERDAY WHILE I WAS RIDING AND I SUFFERED A MAJOR HEAD INJURY.

lol.

I'm kidding ethios/aqua. :P
I came for the :lol:
But stayed for the :x

ethios4

Post by ethios4 » Fri Feb 05, 2010 4:32 pm

liveISlife wrote:What kind of rider was it? Speed bike rider? Chilled out hippie bike rider with a basket? One of those street bike kids with pegs and all that? Unicyclist? Or was it one of those row bikes?
It was a stationary bike. :lol:

Nah, it was a racing bike actually....the thin tires and all that. Dude was going FAST.

liveISlife

Post by liveISlife » Fri Feb 05, 2010 4:41 pm

ethios4 wrote:
liveISlife wrote:What kind of rider was it? Speed bike rider? Chilled out hippie bike rider with a basket? One of those street bike kids with pegs and all that? Unicyclist? Or was it one of those row bikes?
It was a stationary bike. :lol:

Nah, it was a racing bike actually....the thin tires and all that. Dude was going FAST.
Yeah, it was a chained bike! You walked right into it! :lol: Anyways...
THAT MOTHER FUCKER! That was actually the last type of rider I expected it to be! Usually those riders ride a lot and know how to ride. An example being riding on the dam street where they belong! I thought it would be one of those street bike rider kids. O man, that mother fucker. I would of been so pissed. I'm surpried you didn't beat his fucking Tour De France wana be ass! Once again...THAT MOTHER FUCKER, SUE THAT FUCK! MAKE HIM NEVER BE ABLE TO GO TO THE TOUR DE FRANCE IN HIS LIFETIME.

ethios4

Post by ethios4 » Fri Feb 05, 2010 7:44 pm

Wow, thanks for the vicarious raging....I feel much better! You're a good sausage den mod!

contakt321

Post by contakt321 » Fri Feb 05, 2010 9:23 pm

LoopStationZebra wrote:Any second now we are going to see a post from aqua-tek with the title:

SOME ASSHOLE WALKED RIGHT OUT IN FRONT OF ME YESTERDAY WHILE I WAS RIDING AND I SUFFERED A MAJOR HEAD INJURY.

lol.

I'm kidding ethios/aqua. :P
HAHAHAHAHA.

That sucks. People who ride bikes on the sidewalks are assholes. People who ride in the bike lane the wrong direction also assholes. I yell at them at every opportunity.

beats me

Post by beats me » Fri Feb 05, 2010 10:10 pm

liveISlife wrote: That was actually the last type of rider I expected it to be! Usually those riders ride a lot and know how to ride.
Due to the poor economy racing bikes are the new Hummer. More cost effective for the same asshole to make it to the unemployment office.

wiresmith

Post by wiresmith » Fri Feb 05, 2010 11:08 pm

Nice to see the police taking cycling related incidents as seriously in the US as they do here in the UK. Their attitude here is its not worth the paperwork. After all, we're only cyclists.