Tea

Discuss anything related to audio or music production.
beats me

Tea

Post by beats me » Mon Feb 08, 2010 2:20 am

Thinking about adding it to my drink lineup even though I've never been a fan previously. So what would those who drink tea recommend? And I'm looking for something I could commonly find at a grocery chain store. If I have to go to some specialty store or an organic hipster store like Whole Foods then just forget it because I know I will never go....just to get some goddamn tea.

Tarekith

Re: Tea

Post by Tarekith » Mon Feb 08, 2010 2:36 am

Was never a big fan of tea until I found this:

http://www.amazon.com/Stash-Premium-Mor ... B000CQE3NM

I like the minty stuff I guess.

arctic ranger

Post by arctic ranger » Mon Feb 08, 2010 3:15 am

blueberry is good for us old dudes who are trying to lay off the booze :wink:
mpb c2d, remote sl, mpc1000, korg legacy, zebra 2, phoscyon, devastator

http://soundcloud.com/enrock/first-edit

Angstrom

Post by Angstrom » Mon Feb 08, 2010 4:09 am

you americans are weird.

to an english person this post reads as
I'm thinking of trying some air, what would you recommend
does not compute.

I habitually drink a kind of brown soup, like most English people. It's neither fancy nor delicate. It has "organic" and "fairtrade" on the box but beyond that it is as fancy as a tree stump.

I know that nowhere else in the world can understand our Tea, I know this because I have been served tea around the world. Incorrectly.

Rest of the world- know this: there is a type of tea that is not "breakfast tea" or "lapsang suchong special reserve" or even "golden orchard provence violin lesson tea" ... NO!
it is just brown workman tea, served in a large mug, with milk and probably sugar.
This is normal tea.
correct tea.
It has no silly chin-stroking involved.
Normalitea is a basic brew, a fuel, as served in a greasy spoon cafe, with little care or attention, delivered by a woman with a spud for a head and a demonic bingo habit.

Rest of the world, please understand this.

note how the box describes the tea as merely "teabags", no place of origin, no polo playing with the queen type of lifestyle is implied
just "teabags" . that's it.
this is how you know it is the correct stuff.

http://ilovetea.blogspot.com/

beats me

Post by beats me » Mon Feb 08, 2010 4:31 am

Angstrom wrote:you americans are weird.

does not compute.

I habitually drink a kind of brown soup, like most English people. It's neither fancy nor delicate. It has "organic" and "fairtrade" on the box but beyond that it is as fancy as a tree stump.

I know that nowhere else in the world can understand our Tea, I know this because I have been served tea around the world. Incorrectly.

Rest of the world- know this: there is a type of tea that is not "breakfast tea" or "lapsang suchong special reserve" or even "golden orchard provence violin lesson tea" ... NO!
it is just brown workman tea, served in a large mug, with milk and probably sugar.
This is normal tea.
correct tea.
Normalitea is a basic brew, a fuel, as served in a greasy spoon cafe, with little care or attention, delivered by a woman with a spud for a head and a demonic bingo habit.

note how the box describes the tea as merely "teabags", no place of origin, no polo playing with the queen type of lifestyle is implied

:lol:

This is why I posted here. I know us Americans know nothing about tea for the most part and when we pretend we do it turns into a big event.

I just determined my drinking consumption is largely either soda or milk. I've cut down the soda to diet Dr. Pepper, the only diet soda that doesn't taste like shit, but that just limits my options further. I've attempted straight water but that isn't really cutting it in the thirst department. I need taste.

Also, and maybe for a different post, I need to hunt down some kind of energy drink that isn't coffee. I only really do coffee at work and don't really see myself making it at home, especially in the evening, but I'm finding myself a little too tired late in the evening even on weekends and I'm thinking something in my diet can help change that, drink or otherwise. I stopped eating fast food about two months ago and even the absence of that really hasn't changed my energy level.

arctic ranger

Post by arctic ranger » Mon Feb 08, 2010 4:44 am

when my British friend(born in Bristol) serves me tea the spoon stands up in the cup from so much sugar. i also need decaf coffee chasers as well, but i like it.
mpb c2d, remote sl, mpc1000, korg legacy, zebra 2, phoscyon, devastator

http://soundcloud.com/enrock/first-edit

oblique strategies

Post by oblique strategies » Mon Feb 08, 2010 8:19 am

"Earl Grey, hot."

Pitch Black

Post by Pitch Black » Mon Feb 08, 2010 8:24 am

Strongly brewed tea, with a little more milk and sugar than you'd expect.

That's studio tea - keeps sessions going at 3am.

UKRuss

Post by UKRuss » Mon Feb 08, 2010 9:15 am

I can't do strong tea or coffee anymore, sets my heart off into some wierd polyrhythmic thing.

As that can actually kill me, I avoid it.

So for me, decaff Earl Grey, weak, milk, two sugars.

ta.

twisted-space

Post by twisted-space » Mon Feb 08, 2010 10:16 am

Chai or darjeeling with a dash of milk and little honey.

Big V

Post by Big V » Mon Feb 08, 2010 10:20 am

Angstrom wrote:you americans are weird.

does not compute.

This is normal tea.
correct tea.

That's great, looks like I'm British at heart! :lol:

I usually drink either Earl Grey, Ceylon Assam or Darjeeling with milk. Or just pure with honey and the milk left out.

From time to time I pour myself some Gunpowder green tea which really keeps me awake and going. Wouldn't recommend drinking it in the evening, though.

I also like to drink peppermint or wild berries fruit tea, both served with honey. Tasty!
jazz is a woman's tongue in your mouth
cool, licking you slowly, revolving around
inside your cheeks.
letting you know who's come to visit.

Big V

Post by Big V » Mon Feb 08, 2010 10:22 am

twisted-space wrote:Chai or darjeeling with a dash of milk and little honey.
Chai too is great!
jazz is a woman's tongue in your mouth
cool, licking you slowly, revolving around
inside your cheeks.
letting you know who's come to visit.

SubFunk

Post by SubFunk » Mon Feb 08, 2010 10:39 am

i am an equal lover of both, tea and coffee...

in terms of tea, i like mainly the more spicy varieties like earl grey or yogi tea, exception being the light but tasty darjeeling.
*** Image GAFM ***

sporkles

Post by sporkles » Mon Feb 08, 2010 10:57 am

Nothing like a propa-cuppa-chai.

But you must buy it directly from a local dealer in inland India, freshly chopped and mixed. If you're not into commuting,
just forget about it.

Martyn

Post by Martyn » Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:28 am

SubFunk wrote:light but tasty darjeeling.
+1 A much overlooked classic.

I'm just about to fly to the US, New York on Wednesday, New Orleans (to hook up with Neb) for the weekend and next week. Will I be able to get Tea? You know, proper tea like Angstrom correctly described? If not should i take some with me so I can breathe properly?