Would you bros rock to this at the club?

Discuss anything related to audio or music production.

beats me

Re: Would you bros rock to this at the club?

Post by beats me » Mon Feb 08, 2010 4:34 am

In my goth days in the late 90's, absolutely.

Not saying I wouldn't now but there'd be higher odds 10 or so years ago.

liveISlife

Post by liveISlife » Mon Feb 08, 2010 4:36 am

Hahaaa, people always say that. I really don't know why my music sounds like it's from the late 90's. :lol: Screw it, I'm bringing the 90's back!

Thanks for checking it out beats! :D

beats me

Post by beats me » Mon Feb 08, 2010 12:33 pm

I wouldn't see it as a bad thing. Look at all the synth heavy pop music that's being released by producers who once just did hard hitting 4 to the floor house music.

I think it's sometimes hard as a producer to just accept your sound when it's not exactly what's blowing up the charts. But usually what's blowing up the charts is being done to death so it's good to be doing something that isn't what everybody else is doing.....or that's what I'm telling myself. :)

davepermen

Post by davepermen » Mon Feb 08, 2010 12:37 pm

beats me wrote:I wouldn't see it as a bad thing. Look at all the synth heavy pop music that's being released by producers who once just did hard hitting 4 to the floor house music.

I think it's sometimes hard as a producer to just accept your sound when it's not exactly what's blowing up the charts. But usually what's blowing up the charts is being done to death so it's good to be doing something that isn't what everybody else is doing.....or that's what I'm telling myself. :)
yeah, just continue doing your style till it blows up the charts again, and then call yourself the "inspirational inventor" of the style, relaunch all your albums and swim with the big ones :)

or so.. :)
http://davepermen.net my tiny webpage, including link to bandcamp.