ThE MiGhTy BoOsH fTw

Discuss anything related to audio or music production.
3dot...

Re: ThE MiGhTy BoOsH fTw

Post by 3dot... » Wed Feb 10, 2010 2:24 am

3dot...

Post by 3dot... » Wed Feb 10, 2010 2:35 am

on second thought ... let's not go to Camelot ..it is a silly place..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lfGpVcdqeS0

beats me

Post by beats me » Wed Feb 10, 2010 2:42 am

Actually while I don't really like British TV shows I do sort of get a kick out of British people talking about British TV shows which always makes it sound funnier than it actually is. So if they made a TV show that has British people talking about British TV shows I'd probably watch that.

UKRuss

Post by UKRuss » Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:34 am

I'm gonna crimp you silly.

jamers

Post by jamers » Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:07 am

The Mighty Boosh is awesome! Some friends just introduced me to it a few months back.... I watched Nannageddon and Old Greg... weird-ass stuff, man!

shai

Post by shai » Wed Feb 10, 2010 2:25 pm

the moon ftw!
got to know of TMB here on this board actually.... i became a fan.
Nathan Barely looks cool too!

Jarvisimon

Post by Jarvisimon » Wed Feb 10, 2010 3:07 pm

beats me wrote:Actually while I don't really like British TV shows I do sort of get a kick out of British people talking about British TV shows which always makes it sound funnier than it actually is. So if they made a TV show that has British people talking about British TV shows I'd probably watch that.
For a nation that gave us Friends, you have very little to be proud of....oh ok, you've produced a handful of very funny shows (Simpsons/Family Guy/Third rock from the sun) as well as stand up comedians such as Lenny Bruce and Rush Limbaugh however, I find a lot of American humour very moral (M.A.S.H./Seinfeld)

Still, it's good to have competition and we're both way ahead of the rest of Europs and most of the world bar possibly Australia, who are one of the most irreverend countries on the planet.

dredd i knight

Post by dredd i knight » Wed Feb 10, 2010 4:27 pm

beats me

Post by beats me » Wed Feb 10, 2010 4:47 pm

Jarvisimon wrote:
beats me wrote:Actually while I don't really like British TV shows I do sort of get a kick out of British people talking about British TV shows which always makes it sound funnier than it actually is. So if they made a TV show that has British people talking about British TV shows I'd probably watch that.
For a nation that gave us Friends, you have very little to be proud of....oh ok, you've produced a handful of very funny shows (Simpsons/Family Guy/Third rock from the sun) as well as stand up comedians such as Lenny Bruce and Rush Limbaugh however, I find a lot of American humour very moral (M.A.S.H./Seinfeld)

Still, it's good to have competition and we're both way ahead of the rest of Europs and most of the world bar possibly Australia, who are one of the most irreverend countries on the planet.
And we really need to give credit to the Japanese for the most WTF and perverted contest shows that transcends all language barriers.

UKRuss

Post by UKRuss » Wed Feb 10, 2010 4:49 pm

Eels up in side yer, finding an entrance where they can.

Do you like Eels boy?

Actually, I like the US humour, I absolutely loved Larry David's show curb your enthusiasm. Brilliant.

lets not forget the yanks KNow ho to do drama as well. The Wire ftw.

What do we get? My Family and Lark Rise to Bloody Candleford period drama bollocks.

UKRuss

Post by UKRuss » Wed Feb 10, 2010 4:50 pm

Oh and Boosh characters?

onoe word:

Harrison

beats me

Post by beats me » Wed Feb 10, 2010 5:26 pm

My problem with most sitcoms outside the US is they tend to employ fast talking mumbley actors with thick regional accents and pepper everything with slang and inside jokes that nobody would get if you don't live there. Then there's shows like this that abuse the Monty Python paradigm where's it's supposed to be funny simply because it's weird I guess. That moon character was awful to me and like something you'd see in the muppets.

ThrowAway

Post by ThrowAway » Wed Feb 10, 2010 6:21 pm

Jarvisimon wrote:

mash is from the 80's and seinfeld is from the 90's. Anything more relevant?

squelcht

Post by squelcht » Wed Feb 10, 2010 6:33 pm

beats me wrote:
And we really need to give credit to the Japanese for the most WTF and perverted contest shows that transcends all language barriers.
Not just contest shows - but movies too...Ichi The Killer? Old Boy? Ricky-O?

There is some fuckt up yet highly entertaining cinema action going on over there 8O

beats me

Post by beats me » Wed Feb 10, 2010 6:44 pm

squelcht wrote:
beats me wrote:
Not just contest shows - but movies too...Ichi The Killer? Old Boy? Ricky-O?

There is some fuckt up yet highly entertaining cinema action going on over there 8O
Agreed but I'd also say a lot of countries outside the US push the limits further of what is messed up or acceptable that really burns long lasting memories in your head. Then unfortunately the US attempts to remake them and turns them into trite garbage that completely misses the subtleties that made the original so effective.