Thank GOD no Kid Beyond Threads in Fucking Ages...

Discuss anything related to audio or music production.
DRStudio

Re: Thank GOD no Kid Beyond Threads in Fucking Ages...

Post by DRStudio » Fri Feb 12, 2010 7:11 pm

LoopStationZebra wrote:At this point in the thread, this is me about to go over the edge - and you guys giving me a helping hand. :lol:

LOL! You meant a helping foot, if that's you in that pic. :lol:

john doe by choice

Post by john doe by choice » Fri Feb 12, 2010 7:18 pm

LoopStationZebra wrote:
john doe by choice wrote:Thread's just about jealousy...Kid Beyond makes more money/gets more recognition/gigs with less effort and less gear, period.
Not true at all. I love a lot of artists who are filthy rich dirty scoundrels who climbed over their betters on the way to the top.
You're right, I should have said:
john doe by choice wrote:Thread's just about jealousy...Kid Beyond makes more money/gets more recognition/gigs than you with less effort and less gear, period.

john doe by choice

Post by john doe by choice » Fri Feb 12, 2010 7:24 pm

LoopStationZebra wrote:
john doe by choice wrote:LSZ, let us know when you get somewhere with your music

Okay. I'm somewhere. Where the fuck are you?
Two tracks uploaded on soundcloud ten months ago with only a few hundred plays between them is somewhere to you? Both delusional and bitter, no wonder you're so successful.

mikemc

Post by mikemc » Fri Feb 12, 2010 7:27 pm

davepermen wrote:... which is the issue. others believe that stuff. see sony music, not considering electronic music 'real music', and essentially killing the whole swiss marked because of that. no radio plays it, no record stores have it anymore...
Well, that is what it comes down to, yes: either way, there is a certain passion and focus that has to be applied if you are building up something on the fly, or if you are building it up over time. It is different, but it is still someone's passion.

fwiw, I think sony music is likely afraid, because they see the kind of electronic music product that people are putting together and releasing on their lonesomes, so they counteract that by refusing to promote any of it as 'legitimate' (as opposed to legitimate breathy want-your-body pop-fluff music).
UTENZIL a tool... of the muse.

Hidden Driveways

Post by Hidden Driveways » Fri Feb 12, 2010 7:41 pm

Look Zeeb... you need to directly challenge Kid Beyond to an Abletonoff. It's as simple as that. By starting threads like this you're only "son-ing" yourself.

Admittedly, I only made this post so I could use the term "Abletonoff," because I love it so

LoopStationZebra

Post by LoopStationZebra » Fri Feb 12, 2010 7:44 pm

Hidden Driveways wrote:Look Zeeb... you need to directly challenge Kid Beyond to an Abletonoff. It's as simple as that. By starting threads like this you're only "son-ing" yourself.

Admittedly, I only made this post so I could use the term "Abletonoff," because I love it so

lol. See THAT's the spirit!
I came for the :lol:
But stayed for the :x

LoopStationZebra

Post by LoopStationZebra » Fri Feb 12, 2010 7:51 pm

john doe by choice wrote:
LoopStationZebra wrote:
john doe by choice wrote:LSZ, let us know when you get somewhere with your music

Okay. I'm somewhere. Where the fuck are you?
Two tracks uploaded on soundcloud ten months ago with only a few hundred plays between them is somewhere to you? Both delusional and bitter, no wonder you're so successful.

Your hamfisted attempt at slandering my music is SHIT. Allow me:

john doe by choice wrote: LSZ, your incessant rambling and droning pseudo ambient noise is little more than Eno Wannabee shite. The hackneyed guitar noise sounds like you've been trying to crawl up Robert Fripp's arse for years now; without little to show for it except occasionally repeating a phrase that he did 25 years ago. Kill yourself now
See? Not so hard. :P

john doe by choice

Post by john doe by choice » Fri Feb 12, 2010 8:07 pm

Uh, whoa. I didn't actually slander your music, I slandered your slandering. I only went as far as to look at your soundcloud account, not actually listen to anything there. I only participate in slandering music when I run into really shitty fans, like people who listen to phish, dave matthews, grateful dead, soundtribe, disco biscuits, etc., and even then I only slander the fans, since I don't actually listen to any of that music. Maybe one day when I'm really bored, I'll have a listen, but I'm too busy doing more important stuff (like posting in a forum).

LoopStationZebra

Post by LoopStationZebra » Fri Feb 12, 2010 8:29 pm

john doe by choice wrote:Uh, whoa. I didn't actually slander your music, I slandered your slandering. I only went as far as to look at your soundcloud account, not actually listen to anything there. I only participate in slandering music when I run into really shitty fans, like people who listen to phish, dave matthews, grateful dead, soundtribe, disco biscuits, etc., and even then I only slander the fans, since I don't actually listen to any of that music. Maybe one day when I'm really bored, I'll have a listen, but I'm too busy doing more important stuff (like posting in a forum).
lol :wink:

stringtapper

Post by stringtapper » Fri Feb 12, 2010 8:48 pm

LoopStationZebra wrote:The hackneyed guitar noise sounds like you've been trying to crawl up Robert Fripp's arse for years now; without little to show for it except occasionally repeating a phrase that he did 25 years ago. Kill yourself now
:lol:

Crawling out of Fripp's arse and directly into Levin's eh?
Unsound Designer

LoopStationZebra

Post by LoopStationZebra » Fri Feb 12, 2010 8:51 pm

stringtapper wrote:
LoopStationZebra wrote:The hackneyed guitar noise sounds like you've been trying to crawl up Robert Fripp's arse for years now; without little to show for it except occasionally repeating a phrase that he did 25 years ago. Kill yourself now
:lol:

Crawling out of Fripp's arse and directly into Levin's eh?

lol! Hey, I've gotta PM coming your way.....

mikemc

Post by mikemc » Fri Feb 12, 2010 9:55 pm

jeez, don't be so hard on yourself. At least you picked a lofty set of legendary influences to emulate pathetically. :lol:
UTENZIL a tool... of the muse.

LoopStationZebra

Post by LoopStationZebra » Fri Feb 12, 2010 11:55 pm

mikemc wrote:jeez, don't be so hard on yourself. At least you picked a lofty set of legendary influences to emulate pathetically. :lol:

lol. Fuck yeah!