Fuck After I listened to this I didn't even want to make bea

Discuss anything related to audio or music production.
kb420

Re: Fuck After I listened to this I didn't even want to make bea

Post by kb420 » Sat Feb 20, 2010 3:06 am

Wow! All that????

Your post was every bit as boring as the train wreck of a video you posted.

Do I have a brain?

Do you have a brain? Why go to an Ableton forum to defend a Logic video? :D :D :D :D

I'm not a Jesus freak, but reading your ridiculously long post made my eyes bleed too!!!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
"That which does not kill us makes us stronger..........."
-Friedrich Nietzsche-

SPUMD

Post by SPUMD » Sat Feb 20, 2010 3:10 am

starving student wrote:whoa nice one, I didn't realize the guest of honor was here or I'd have come sooner, I think beats gave more benefit of the doubt than I've ever seen before so you get an award for that but now on to reality, as an example or tutorial on workflow for making beats that
video was terrible at best, what it did show was your knowledge base is in tact and you know what you're doing with the tools at hand
no question about it, but it's the fact that you are obviously very knowledgable that takes the failure of this example of workflow over the top, I've only ever seen one video with slower workflow and that was with some guy using sonar. lets take the basics you made a vid for making a very simple beat, nothing complex at all and there's nothing wrong with that artisticly, but your purpose was to give people the fastest workflow imaginable, you even said as much but that was just the opposite more like the slowest workflow imaginable, not only was the whole thing extremely slow but each incremental step in itself was worthy of losing ones creativity during the process.... hands down ableton live is faster than that but I'm not even comparing it to Live so don't take it as a live versus logic thing, I compared it to maschine and the mpc personally, and I'd challenge you with a video myself to see what's faster your self-described 'fastest workflow imaginable' or my own except that every single beat making video on line is faster than yours, no matter the app or hardware so it would be pointless.

ok I have to add that this isn't personal, I don't know you personally, and I very much liked the way you explained things, there are alot of folks out there making tutorials that don't explain nearly enough and leave people scratchin their heads and no one could ever get away with claiming that you do that. thats what I was looking for some good tutorials on logic, but that said, if you were selling that tutorial on the basis of it's purpose and the information/ methods with in it would amount to false advertising.
Oha...you want to challenge... :lol:
so it made you horny that i caught you with with pants down? :lol:

Look man like you said its nothing personal...but look...I'am a tall and hungry guy and it would not satisfy me to eat a starving student.
Don't misunderstand me it is nothing personal but...hmmm...maybe you could be my dessert? :lol:

SPUMD

Post by SPUMD » Sat Feb 20, 2010 3:13 am

kb420 wrote:Wow! All that????

Your post was every bit as boring as the train wreck of a video you posted.

Do I have a brain?

Do you have a brain? Why go to an Ableton forum to defend a Logic video? :D :D :D :D

I'm not a Jesus freak, but reading your ridiculously long post made my eyes bleed too!!!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Something tells me that you gonna survive it.
But have to tell you a secret about me. I'm a sensitive guy. :lol:

kb420

Post by kb420 » Sat Feb 20, 2010 3:16 am

You really need to lighten up. This isn't the place to be sensitive, or even serious.

I was only kidding anyway, and apologize to you if you if I offended you. If I were a Logic user, I'm sure I would find your videos a lot more interesting.
"That which does not kill us makes us stronger..........."
-Friedrich Nietzsche-

SPUMD

Post by SPUMD » Sat Feb 20, 2010 3:25 am

kb420 wrote:You really need to lighten up. This isn't the place to be sensitive, or even serious.

I was only kidding anyway, and apologize to you if you if I offended you. If I were a Logic user, I'm sure I would find your videos a lot more interesting.
Maybe...but everythings cool. :wink:

Machinesworking

Post by Machinesworking » Sat Feb 20, 2010 3:30 am

SPUMD wrote:.
So with the UB Noizflow you have a very flexible drum machine without the need to deal with nested structures that you have to pay for because the UB Noizflow template is totally free.
Nice, didn't notice that. I used a similar setup in Logic, looks like you designed it very well though. For what it's worth you could do much the same thing in 7 and bellow as well, but this looks more elegant. On that line why go through all the logo and branding trouble if it's free?

To Abletonians here, the one MAJOR IMO advantage over Live with this is browsing sounds is much faster in Logic. Live's browser sucks. Still my favorite DAW etc. for various reasons, but the browser is a dog.

starving student

Post by starving student » Sat Feb 20, 2010 3:43 am

SPUMD wrote:
starving student wrote:whoa nice one, I didn't realize the guest of honor was here or I'd have come sooner, I think beats gave more benefit of the doubt than I've ever seen before so you get an award for that but now on to reality, as an example or tutorial on workflow for making beats that
video was terrible at best, what it did show was your knowledge base is in tact and you know what you're doing with the tools at hand
no question about it, but it's the fact that you are obviously very knowledgable that takes the failure of this example of workflow over the top, I've only ever seen one video with slower workflow and that was with some guy using sonar. lets take the basics you made a vid for making a very simple beat, nothing complex at all and there's nothing wrong with that artisticly, but your purpose was to give people the fastest workflow imaginable, you even said as much but that was just the opposite more like the slowest workflow imaginable, not only was the whole thing extremely slow but each incremental step in itself was worthy of losing ones creativity during the process.... hands down ableton live is faster than that but I'm not even comparing it to Live so don't take it as a live versus logic thing, I compared it to maschine and the mpc personally, and I'd challenge you with a video myself to see what's faster your self-described 'fastest workflow imaginable' or my own except that every single beat making video on line is faster than yours, no matter the app or hardware so it would be pointless.

ok I have to add that this isn't personal, I don't know you personally, and I very much liked the way you explained things, there are alot of folks out there making tutorials that don't explain nearly enough and leave people scratchin their heads and no one could ever get away with claiming that you do that. thats what I was looking for some good tutorials on logic, but that said, if you were selling that tutorial on the basis of it's purpose and the information/ methods with in it would amount to false advertising.

Look man like you said its nothing personal...but look...I'am a tall and hungry guy and it would not satisfy me to eat a starving student.
Don't misunderstand me it is nothing personal but...hmmm...maybe you could be my dessert? :lol:
haha, shit I'm starting like this guy more and more already hey spumd I hope you get into Live and stick around, I like your outlook
as far as your template goes, I think it's not faster than any other template and certainly slower than maschine or the mpc, but I'm getting the feeling that your perspective is context sensitive the more and more that I read what you have to say, mine perspective is not..... I think if you changed your statement to 'fastest workflow imaginable 'in Logic' that I might have never started this thread

SPUMD

Post by SPUMD » Sat Feb 20, 2010 4:14 am

Machinesworking wrote:
SPUMD wrote:.
So with the UB Noizflow you have a very flexible drum machine without the need to deal with nested structures that you have to pay for because the UB Noizflow template is totally free.
Nice, didn't notice that. I used a similar setup in Logic, looks like you designed it very well though. For what it's worth you could do much the same thing in 7 and bellow as well, but this looks more elegant. On that line why go through all the logo and branding trouble if it's free?

To Abletonians here, the one MAJOR IMO advantage over Live with this is browsing sounds is much faster in Logic. Live's browser sucks. Still my favorite DAW etc. for various reasons, but the browser is a dog.
I did not use Live much because i'm stuck to logic and i was to lazy to jump into it. There simply was no need for it because i can realize everthing i want in Logic (more or less). but its a fact that everybody copies the one window concept of Live and the clip view is a very interesting thing.

I was still working a long time with logic 7 before i switched to 8. And what you don't have in 7 is the media library tab so i started to experiment with it because it offers a very comfortable and fast interaction. I wanted to take more advantage of it and step by step it became a project called UB Noizflow. You are right the most things that are set up in the environment of the UB Noizflow template could be realized in 7 because the possibilities in the environment didn't change since ..lets say version 6.

And the second thing you pointed out very well is the logo branding trouble that really can become pain in the ass. You have to deal with nested structures jumoing from one logo to the next branding with the goal to bring everything in a way in to logic and so on.

I wanted to free the workflow in Logic from this issues. Nowerdays i open Battery Guru or BFD only when i am boring or when i need something diffrent.

In version 2 of the UB Noizflow template we realized already some articulations that you can assign to every key like in Battery. And we made out of the capslock keyboard a midi controller and so on.

Here just to give you an impression

http://www.speedupmydaw.com/images/UB%2 ... psLock.jpg

Greetz
Djordji :wink:

SPUMD

Post by SPUMD » Sat Feb 20, 2010 5:08 am

starving student wrote:
SPUMD wrote:

haha, shit I'm starting like this guy more and more already hey spumd I hope you get into Live and stick around, I like your outlook
as far as your template goes, I think it's not faster than any other template and certainly slower than maschine or the mpc, but I'm getting the feeling that your perspective is context sensitive the more and more that I read what you have to say, mine perspective is not..... I think if you changed your statement to 'fastest workflow imaginable 'in Logic' that I might have never started this thread
Hmmmmm... i don't know if i can trust you :lol:

But look...realize how much you have to pay for machine or an mpc and than its obvious that you can expect more than a free solution offers. And it is obvious that the UB Noizflow only works with Logic because it is deeply embedded into it. And for sure it is ment only compared to other solutions in Logic.

Speed is not only a objective thing because we are human beings and when we feel good or something makes us feel good we are motivated and we work faster. So it is not only a matter of counting clicks and mouse ways. But if you would measure it that way the UB Noizflow is straight forward if you are looking at the way from the idea to the final mix + all the oppertunities that it offers. i have to admit that it has a nerdish touch if you look how i have to switch between the logic drum machine and the Keytracks. but in version 2 of the Template we already created a solution
how to lock the incomming midi data to the Logic DRM Track so that you don't have to switch anymore. So the hole thing is in development to make it more user friendly.

Just to come back to speed and the MPC/Machine thing. I honestly only would recommend those solutions when you need the haptic feel of it or for Gigs. And for shure you are fast with creating beats because you can use both hands and touch everything much faster. Even the arrangement can be done very quick and creative when you assign the patterns to the pads and so on.
But most of it can be compensated by setting up logic and using an AKAI MPD so it aint too far and at the end it would stuck to the question who knows how to use his equipment in a most effective way.

So before i quit you have to promise that you keep it more low in future.
Aint nice that you tried to make a joke out of me and in the internet you aint private the bad motherfuckers are only a few clicks away. Think about that. :lol:

Ok..and eat something ....this starving thing sucks. :wink:

starving student

Post by starving student » Sun Feb 21, 2010 3:11 am

SPUMD wrote:So before i quit you have to promise that you keep it more low in future.
Aint nice that you tried to make a joke out of me and in the internet you aint private the bad motherfuckers are only a few clicks away. Think about that. :lol:

Ok..and eat something ....this starving thing sucks. :wink:
what you say "i'm just talkin bout shaft"

well my friend I like your swagger it reminds me of mick jagger you have just barely wiggled your way out of a John Gordon neck tie........stay close I'll be sending some logic questions your way no doubt.

ChiDJ

Post by ChiDJ » Sun Feb 21, 2010 4:38 am

Just saw the vid. Props to SPUMD. Thanks for taking the time to share your workflow. 8)

For me, that shit is way to complicated. Mostly just because I have my own workflow. As has been said. I can do everything you displayed much faster and effectively in LIVE. but, that's most likely because i'm comfortable in this environment.

Peace!
"Let you're body feel the sound! Let it cover you up and down!"

dna598

Post by dna598 » Sun Feb 21, 2010 6:31 pm

lol @ this thread and the sudden response from this dude.

Its true the video is not helping much with advertising how "fast" this workflow in that logic template is. Seems like it would get Logic users some of the way to Drum Rack functionality. But we can presume that he knows NOT of how badass drum racks really are anyway.
Dragging vst's/plugs around drum racks is really the be all and end all for me anyway. Also, I have found you can browse and replace samples very nicely even if the browser is SHIT for searching.

Dont use logic no more either!
ctrl + left/right = select transient

ctrl + shift + left/right = select between transients

ctrl + space = play selection

eandersonase

Post by eandersonase » Sun Feb 21, 2010 6:56 pm

Makes me feel good that I use ableton
A MIC and the STAGE

Machinesworking

Post by Machinesworking » Sun Feb 21, 2010 10:21 pm

dna598 wrote: Dragging vst's/plugs around drum racks is really the be all and end all for me anyway. Also, I have found you can browse and replace samples very nicely even if the browser is SHIT for searching.
It's shit for auditioning sounds as well. I already own GURU and Battery, so I don't need to set up a drum rack or use this guys method in Logic, but very distinctly, GURU for one kicks the shit out of drum racks for speed of auditioning samples.
Can't stand what Ableton did to their browser, and if you've ever used the EXS in this way, you would know that auditioning a folder of kicks etc. in it is lighting fast.

Love Live for many things, their browser is not one of them. :evil:

dna598

Post by dna598 » Sun Feb 21, 2010 11:18 pm

Machinesworking wrote: It's shit for auditioning sounds as well.

yeah the browser is crap and we all know it. Gotta use the OS explorer for searches.
Obviously have no choice but to use the Live browser to hot swap drum hits, but I have found that hot swapping the sample in the Sampler/Simpler works better (no glitch/delay) than hotswapping from the drum rack cells. Maybe thats how it is for everyone else too...?
ctrl + left/right = select transient

ctrl + shift + left/right = select between transients

ctrl + space = play selection