Someone pulled a gun on me the other day

Discuss anything related to audio or music production.
q.musgrove

Someone pulled a gun on me the other day

Post by q.musgrove » Tue Feb 16, 2010 6:46 am

I was working, driving around a van full of developmentally disabled young adults and accidentally cut this guy off. Wouldn't you know it was right before the light. He's cussing at me and I'm expressing to him to get over it, when he reaches in his glove box and whips out a pistol and points it right at my face. I throw my hands up... Like, "dude... you're going to fucking shoot me!?" and he proceeds to hold the pistol up at different angle just in case I didn't realize what I was looking at. I froze. Decided if he got out of the car I would run him over (I didn't want to do it really) and waited. He drove off.

Fucking TWAT!

elxicano

Re: Someone pulled a gun on me the other day

Post by elxicano » Tue Feb 16, 2010 6:57 am

It sucks life is like this but honestly you have to expect that when you mouth off, they're not just talking like you are.

I grew up in your city and my friends would be the ones that pulled the gun on you, so I guess I just have a different perspective. You're lucky he didn't shoot. Next time, either drive off or STFU when you cut someone off.

I'm serious. It'll save your life.

The same goes here in NY, except worse. I think everyone looks like they're on edge on a regular basis. I'm always reading in the news of someone else being killed for what often never makes sense. The basic rule is that you have to assume everyone is carrying something, you have to watch your back literally when it's late (or the day time even) and understand that when you standup to someone you're taking a risk that could mean your life. A lot of people bark loud here, but a lot of times there more than just a bark and you have to be ready for it. This is just the environment we live in.

Hell, just a couple month ago a guy snapped on the train and killed this homeless guy that was taking up more than one seat. The sick part is that there were more than enough seats for him to sit on... people just snap here on a regular basis.

3dot...

Post by 3dot... » Tue Feb 16, 2010 7:18 am

^^^+1 agree with him...
don't piss people off if you don't know the people...
people can do some crazy shit...
and there are some people who's 'bad side' you really don't wanna meet ...

my neighbor got stabbed recently for honking at a driver that was blocking the road...5 times !
and I was in many road wars that could have really ended badly..
IT'S NOT WORTH IT...!

I had guns pulled on me 2 times in my life : 1.in highschool when dealing 2.in the army...
nasty nasty experiences !

thank god you're here to bitch about it ! :wink:

dum

Post by dum » Tue Feb 16, 2010 7:24 am

^^^ You were in the IDF ?

Lame. No wonder you had a gun pulled on you, asshole.
Pasha wrote:Thanks dum for being so precise.

3dot...

Post by 3dot... » Tue Feb 16, 2010 7:41 am

dum wrote:^^^ You were in the IDF ?

walk a mile in my shoes asshole.. and stop assuming

davepermen

Post by davepermen » Tue Feb 16, 2010 7:47 am

elxicano wrote:It sucks life is like this but honestly you have to expect that when you mouth off, they're not just talking like you are.
that's it, i officially will never go to america again...

"you have to expect that"????

i have here no moment in my life, where i actually have to expect ANY form of physical violence. i couldn't life in a place where i'd have to.

scary..
http://davepermen.net my tiny webpage, including link to bandcamp.

elxicano

Post by elxicano » Tue Feb 16, 2010 8:13 am

davepermen wrote:
elxicano wrote:It sucks life is like this but honestly you have to expect that when you mouth off, they're not just talking like you are.

i have here no moment in my life, where i actually have to expect ANY form of physical violence. i couldn't life in a place where i'd have to.

scary..
davepermen wrote:

scary..
I doubt everyone thinks like I do. My view of the world is forever warped because of my experiences and you don't know how much I wish I could live like you do and not expect it.

USA is a very large. These things are rare incidents when comparing population numbers to quantity of violent interactions.

Still, there are certain things that in my mind, whether right or wrong, really should just be common sense including in Switzerland. I don't know how people can simply assume that mouthing off, justified or not, will not potentially result in a life threatening situation. There are a lot of crazy people all around us and it really just takes one crazy person/incident to end it all. That's why life is a precious thing that should not be taken for granted.

UKRuss

Post by UKRuss » Tue Feb 16, 2010 8:54 am

:lol:

You've obviously never driven in Europe.

Fortunately we don't have the same utterly insane gun laws.

davepermen

Post by davepermen » Tue Feb 16, 2010 9:05 am

elxicano wrote: Still, there are certain things that in my mind, whether right or wrong, really should just be common sense including in Switzerland. I don't know how people can simply assume that mouthing off, justified or not, will not potentially result in a life threatening situation. There are a lot of crazy people all around us and it really just takes one crazy person/incident to end it all. That's why life is a precious thing that should not be taken for granted.
well, common sense should be to not have to fear all that, because it's so unlikely to happen, chance is higher to get killed by a toilet falling from space. which isn't exactly true, but close to.

in short, no, you don't have any chance to expect here to get killed because you where "provoking". it might happen from time to time. but so unlikely that you just shouldn't care at all about it.

and yes, in europe (at least in our region) this is normal. and yeah, life is a precious thing that should nto be taken for granted. which is why i don't let myself get abused by fear and panik, but enjoy what i have instead. but in america, i would life in fear, too, most likely... which is why i won't move over there.
http://davepermen.net my tiny webpage, including link to bandcamp.

dum

Post by dum » Tue Feb 16, 2010 9:12 am

3dot... wrote:

march a mile in my boots asshole.. and stop assuming
No one needs to march in your boots to know the difference between right and wrong.
Take your own advice you murderous pig, or learn to object conscientiously.

http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=idf+wa ... =firefox-a
Pasha wrote:Thanks dum for being so precise.

elxicano

Post by elxicano » Tue Feb 16, 2010 9:29 am

dum wrote:
3dot... wrote:

No one needs to march in your boots to know the difference between right and wrong.

You're an ass. What do you know about right from wrong? Object conscientiously? You're talking about a place that's been at war longer than any of us have been alive.

I get the concept of attacking soldiers for following orders, but it's a cheap tactic that lacks balls.

leedsquietman

Post by leedsquietman » Tue Feb 16, 2010 9:33 am

He's Polish.

That makes him an obvious expert on all things Middle Eastern, right ?
http://soundcloud.com/umbriel-rising http://www.myspace.com/leedsquietmandemos Live 7.0.18 SUITE, Cubase 5.5.2], Soundforge 9, Dell XPS M1530, 2.2 Ghz C2D, 4GB, Vista Ult SP2, legit plugins a plenty, Alesis IO14.

smartass303

Post by smartass303 » Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:06 am

dum wrote:
3dot... wrote:

israel-critic, the new raging antisemitism.
live in southern israel a few months, youre gonna be happy about the idf guys.

fucking nazi asshole,

Rave

Post by Rave » Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:01 pm

Why did you not apologise? You did cut him up.

Sage

Post by Sage » Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:22 pm

Nothing more fun than winding up a driver totally in the wrong :lol:

Though don't recommend it on motorways.