Someone pulled a gun on me the other day

Discuss anything related to audio or music production.
beats me

Re: Someone pulled a gun on me the other day

Post by beats me » Tue Feb 16, 2010 1:34 pm

I've never had a gun pulled on me but know people who have. The weird thing is that just about everybody I know that has had a gun pulled on them has some level of a narcissistic personality and their reactions were something along the lines of "Oh a gun, huh tough guy? Overreact much?" when I think the more common response would be "and so I shit my pants."

And the biggest :roll: ever for trying to go toe to toe with 3dot... on a forum. If you don't live there then STFU.

3dot...

Post by 3dot... » Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:25 pm

dum wrote:
3dot... wrote:
dum wrote:^^^ You were in the IDF ?

Lame. No wonder you had a gun pulled on you, asshole.
march a mile in my boots asshole.. and stop assuming
No one needs to march in your boots to know the difference between right and wrong.
Take your own advice you murderous pig, or learn to object conscientiously.

http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=idf+wa ... =firefox-a
idiot. you don't know me.so screw off..

Guff Tong

Post by Guff Tong » Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:36 pm

If someone cut me up on the road and say's sorry, waves, acknowledges their mistake etc. then I'm happy as larry.

Mind you, if someone cuts me up then gives me grief as well they best be moving...

Happend a week ago...got cut up by a man in a van so gave the horn a quick 'beep'.

the driver responded with loads of verbal abuse quickly followed by a look of shock and suprise >

Seems the trafiic ahead of him came to a stop as it was rush hour and he was concerned that he had no-where to go after "givin' it the big one" to me as they say over here.

as the traffic stopped dead I simply got out of my car and aksed him to have another try at appoligising as the 'Fuck off' n stuff didn't wash with me the first time.

It was supprising at how nice and the guy became once he had his safty zone (driving in a nice safe car with the doors closed) breached.

Driving a car does not make you any tougher than you are outside of it so best to make sure you can back up any promises or threats made from within it.

- 'Know you place in the food chain' as being eaten can often be an unpleasent experience.

Bleep Blop Ima Robot

Post by Bleep Blop Ima Robot » Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:38 pm

i woulda followed him and called the cops, send his ass to jail and get the last laugh. You dont pull a fucking gun on someone for cutting them off, you just get out with a bat or something....never a gun thats not cool man.
::Mac Book Pro 2.4 GHz 4 GB:: ::Ableton Suite 8:: ::NI Massive:: ::NI Maschine:: ::NI FM8:: ::NI Audio 4 DJ:: .::.Akai APC40.::. .::.LaunchPad.::. .::.Nocturn 49.::. .::.Akai MPK25.::. .::.BCR2000.::. ::KRK R5's::
::M30 Reverb:: ::SampleMoog::

q.musgrove

Post by q.musgrove » Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:44 pm

yeah, he swerved not to hit me and since I didn't see him I was apologizing and giving the hand in the air and mouthed sorry but after he swerved around me... he got in front of me and slammed the brakes. so It's not like I cut him off and then proceeded to try and get a rise.

Guff Tong

Post by Guff Tong » Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:49 pm

I'd like one of those LED message boards programmed with some usefull phrases on the font and back windows -

....though there are always the quick ones that get away (damn them).

Maybe some kind of instant licence plate recognition gizmo so you can simply go round thier yard later on and tax dem when you got the time?

Road rage- bain of my life ;/

Guff Tong

Post by Guff Tong » Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:54 pm

q.musgrove wrote:yeah, he swerved not to hit me and since I didn't see him I was apologizing and giving the hand in the air and mouthed sorry but after he swerved around me... he got in front of me and slammed the brakes. so It's not like I cut him off and then proceeded to try and get a rise.
If the guy was pissed (off) chances are anything you said or did would be interpreted as he wanted.

Its cars man, they make some ppl change like Dr Jeykil, me included!!

UKRuss

Post by UKRuss » Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:58 pm

I used to suffer badly from the rage...now I drive defensively. Got the kids in the back and all that. Don't want to embarass myself in front of them.

yet. :lol:

davepermen

Post by davepermen » Tue Feb 16, 2010 3:01 pm

i just drive as if i would play a video game: see them as challenge, not as those "wtf why the hell did he do that right now?!?". since then, all my rage went down to reeeeaally exceptional cases. i don't care why someone drives like crazy anymore. i just care on why i failed to prevent a critical situation early enough. this was a fail for me.

reduces the rage massively to handle situations like this like a video game. means not trying to understand the whys. just accept them and try to get yourself trough it in the best way.
http://davepermen.net my tiny webpage, including link to bandcamp.

Bleep Blop Ima Robot

Post by Bleep Blop Ima Robot » Tue Feb 16, 2010 3:08 pm

i used to be a mad angry driver, didnt like anyone in front of me. Now ive learned to drive calm and peacefully and not let any of these moronic douche turds who cant drive for shit get to me.
::Mac Book Pro 2.4 GHz 4 GB:: ::Ableton Suite 8:: ::NI Massive:: ::NI Maschine:: ::NI FM8:: ::NI Audio 4 DJ:: .::.Akai APC40.::. .::.LaunchPad.::. .::.Nocturn 49.::. .::.Akai MPK25.::. .::.BCR2000.::. ::KRK R5's::
::M30 Reverb:: ::SampleMoog::

UKRuss

Post by UKRuss » Tue Feb 16, 2010 3:21 pm

Indeed.

I mean if you cruise around with as shooter in your car, you've got problems you don't even know about yet.

And one things for sure...one day you're going to shoot someone with it.

Here the fuzz pull over all the kids in the stolen Vee-hickles checking for bats and clubs and all that.

I mean you drive round tooled up, you're looking to fight. You might even cut people up on purpose.

I have to say though in general driving in the US, I find most drivers pretty carefuly and quite polite say in comparison to Belgium...or France.

q.musgrove

Post by q.musgrove » Tue Feb 16, 2010 3:35 pm

yeah, drivers fuck up... especially when there are 3 loud disabled people trying to point out for you every fast food joint on the road. I just think there is a difference between a healthy display of anger (screaming and maybe even fist fighting in some instances) vs. pointing a gun at one's face.

@ guff,
hilarious. And I get what you say about knowing your place in the food chain. I don't carry a gun so I guess now I know. I didn't realize people were so nutter. Always thought it's just shit you read about.

Jesus though, my dad has a permit for his hand gun and if I were riding with him this hole situation would be a heap stranger. Even if I had a gun it's like... REALLY!? we're going to be in a Bruce Willis style stand off over traffic!? The only way I'd be in that situation is if I was saying

"WHERES MY SON?"

stringtapper

Post by stringtapper » Tue Feb 16, 2010 4:03 pm

Guff Tong wrote:I'd like one of those LED message boards programmed with some usefull phrases on the font and back windows -
Ha, I've always wanted the same thing!

It's not cool to pull guns on people just because you're pissed. I've actually brandished a handgun on a driver before, but it was after he had cut me off in a parking lot to the point I almost hit him, I flipped him two birds, he hit the brakes and proceeded to get out of his car. I skinned my piece, he got back in the car. I don't fuck around with people who want to fight. Getting riled up over traffic is silly shit.
Unsound Designer

#1thelark

Post by #1thelark » Tue Feb 16, 2010 5:15 pm

stringtapper wrote:
Guff Tong wrote:I'd like one of those LED message boards programmed with some usefull phrases on the font and back windows -

It's not cool to pull guns on people just because you're pissed. I've actually brandished a handgun on a driver before, but it was after he had cut me off in a parking lot to the point I almost hit him, I flipped him two birds, he hit the brakes and proceeded to get out of his car. I skinned my piece, he got back in the car. I don't fuck around with people who want to fight. Getting riled up over traffic is silly shit.
just put 1 or more launchpads against your rear window and program and put it to insult mode...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bLdheKW0S0

ethios4

Post by ethios4 » Tue Feb 16, 2010 5:47 pm

stringtapper wrote:
Me too! I'm telling you there's a market there!

A friend of mine got cut off merging onto a highway here, so he ran up in front of the guy and cut him off. The guy in the big truck proceeded to ram him several times, eventually hitting him hard enough to spin him sideways and push him down the road sideways into an overpass pillar. You never know who you're fucking with.

Similarly, there was three road rage shootings here in a month a few years back. And all this in a town of only 100,000 in the depths of the US midwest.