Want to look at my goofy ass at a crappy festival?

Discuss anything related to audio or music production.
Mint Invader

Want to look at my goofy ass at a crappy festival?

Post by Mint Invader » Mon Feb 22, 2010 2:37 am

Thanks to my VJ friend. Now you can. He did a great job with the edits but I look a bit silly. Oh well... For your amusment.

Edit: Slander not cool. Comment removed for courtesy.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lGhkC6QFLY4
Last edited by Mint Invader on Mon Mar 15, 2010 3:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Because Whatever.

beats me

Re: Want to look at my goofy ass at a crappy festival?

Post by beats me » Mon Feb 22, 2010 3:08 am

Oh the bad time slot. Some music was meant to be played at night and I think yours falls into that category. Cool you got to do it though and put it under your belt.

Do tell about the crap factor of the festival.

Mint Invader

Post by Mint Invader » Mon Feb 22, 2010 3:43 am

beats me wrote:Oh the bad time slot. Some music was meant to be played at night and I think yours falls into that category. Cool you got to do it though and put it under your belt.

Ok long story... so be prepared.

There are essentially 2 people involved. A good friend of mine DJ JD (Vinyl Mixer) and Brian Perez (Biggest joke and somehow an Ultra Promoter?)

Any how some time in December I get a call from my friend JD and he got booked to run a tent in this fest in Miami. What he was promised by Brian was a full stage set up in front of one of Al Capones Mansions. JD calls me super stoked and wants to put me in the lineup. It sounded cool so I told him I was down.

Now a week before the festival my aunt emails me a pick of the address. Its not a mansion. Its a dump in Russian district north Miami (in the ghettooooooooooo....) and I email John. He was confused and gave Brian a call... who then assured him it was indeed a mansion.

It gets even better. The night before the stage set up fell through so John had to go buy himself a stage and a tent (Clearance 1000, lol)

We finally get to the place (A dump as I expected) AND our tents schedual got fucked because Brain put some of his locals on the lineup. I went from the mid day slot around 6 to the intro at 2... I was put behind 4 dudes (Nice... but not really good... One of them was on virtual DJ... WTF?)

Anyway I get done my set and patch things up with John... and get wasted.

Finally at 12 a festival that had the capacity for 1000 people turned up 50. (This is a promoter for Ultra Music Fest right?) and I say what the hell Ill get a printed flyer to prove this thing even existed... Turns out... BP didnt print any. He did his advertising through facebook and myspace exclusively. Oh and it turns out he owes my label owner 3000.

Long story short. Friend was naive, Promoter is entertainment cock.
Because Whatever.

aisling

Post by aisling » Mon Feb 22, 2010 4:07 am

Mint Invader wrote:
beats me wrote:Oh the bad time slot. Some music was meant to be played at night and I think yours falls into that category. Cool you got to do it though and put it under your belt.

There are essentially 2 people involved. A good friend of mine DJ JD (Vinyl Mixer) and Brian Perez (Biggest joke and somehow an Ultra Promoter?)

Any how some time in December I get a call from my friend JD and he got booked to run a tent in this fest in Miami. What he was promised by Brian was a full stage set up in front of one of Al Capones Mansions. JD calls me super stoked and wants to put me in the lineup. It sounded cool so I told him I was down.

Now a week before the festival my aunt emails me a pick of the address. Its not a mansion. Its a dump in Russian district north Miami (in the ghettooooooooooo....) and I email John. He was confused and gave Brian a call... who then assured him it was indeed a mansion.

It gets even better. The night before the stage set up fell through so John had to go buy himself a stage and a tent (Clearance 1000, lol)

We finally get to the place (A dump as I expected) AND our tents schedual got fucked because Brain put some of his locals on the lineup. I went from the mid day slot around 6 to the intro at 2... I was put behind 4 dudes (Nice... but not really good... One of them was on virtual DJ... WTF?)

Finally at 12 a festival that had the capacity for 1000 people turned up 50. (This is a promoter for Ultra Music Fest right?) and I say what the hell Ill get a printed flyer to prove this thing even existed... Turns out... BP didnt print any. He did his advertising through facebook and myspace exclusively. Oh and it turns out he owes my label owner 3000.

reminds me of the time my band was booked to play NYC on a sat night at the village gate (great location in the 90's) the small print was....
Pay to play (sell 30 tickets)
2:30 am time slot..........there were 12 people there (the band, girlfriends, bar back and bar tender)
http://soundcloud.com/aislingbeing

Live, Reason, Moog sub phatty, Moog sub 37, Ozone 6, guitars, Pedals, proper ergonomic sitting posture, french pressed coffee with a pinch of cardamon.

trikster_b

Post by trikster_b » Mon Feb 22, 2010 5:20 am

Mint Invader wrote:

I imagine the look on your face when you learned all that is the same as the look in your sig.

Sucks, dude. 50 people is terrible; I noticed like 1 person in the video, and he was gone in like 30 seconds. Hope you have a better set next time!

Mint Invader

Post by Mint Invader » Mon Feb 22, 2010 5:24 am

trikster_b wrote: I imagine the look on your face when you learned all that is the same as the look in your sig.

Sucks, dude. 50 people is terrible; I noticed like 1 person in the video, and he was gone in like 30 seconds. Hope you have a better set next time!
Oh no worries. Ive had many good sets and this is amongst the 3 bad ones. 2010 is looking like a better year as my label sees my new release with better marketability... especially for local shows!
Because Whatever.

UKRuss

Post by UKRuss » Mon Feb 22, 2010 2:04 pm

B Perez, son of C Perezzz

Mint Invader

Post by Mint Invader » Mon Feb 22, 2010 4:17 pm

UKRuss wrote:B Perez, son of C Perezzz

It all makes sense now :lol:
Because Whatever.

eandersonase

Post by eandersonase » Mon Feb 22, 2010 4:53 pm

i really liked the music! sorry it turned out like that. at least you and your friend grabbed the tent beforehand (looked like it was raining in the back ground).
A MIC and the STAGE

Mint Invader

Post by Mint Invader » Mon Feb 22, 2010 4:58 pm

eandersonase wrote:i really liked the music! sorry it turned out like that. at least you and your friend grabbed the tent beforehand (looked like it was raining in the back ground).
Nice that track is going to be on the next ep.

http://forum.ableton.com/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=137186

Ive got a thread ill update with sites and buy info... I think you can buy it off of my labels site early though but I think it will be cheaper to get it from a distributor later.
Because Whatever.