free umbriel rising EP including remix by funky shit !

Discuss anything related to audio or music production.
leedsquietman

free umbriel rising EP including remix by funky shit !

Post by leedsquietman » Mon Mar 01, 2010 5:20 am

http://umbrielrising.bandcamp.com/album ... -awakening OR
http://soundcloud.com/umbriel-rising/se ... akening-ep

electronic/ambient/chillout lounge track littoral awakening in 3 flavours, including our very own Aaron H. a.k.a. Funky Shit's 'RN remix'. Elektronz (sie hughes) remix and my original mix included, with bonus track Trebolanza.

Get it free in mp3, .wav, flac etc. Bandcamp version also includes cover art front and inside label.

http://soundcloud.com/umbriel-rising http://www.myspace.com/leedsquietmandemos Live 7.0.18 SUITE, Cubase 5.5.2], Soundforge 9, Dell XPS M1530, 2.2 Ghz C2D, 4GB, Vista Ult SP2, legit plugins a plenty, Alesis IO14.

SubFunk

Re: free umbriel rising EP including remix by funky shit !

Post by SubFunk » Mon Mar 01, 2010 4:07 pm

downloading now...
*** Image GAFM ***

UKRuss

Post by UKRuss » Mon Mar 01, 2010 4:13 pm

On it this evening, I liked the last one.

funky shit

Post by funky shit » Mon Mar 01, 2010 5:29 pm

yeahhh boiiii

must get a listen to the other remixes soon as i get home. 8)

SubFunk

Post by SubFunk » Wed Mar 03, 2010 12:02 pm

like that way better then the solarity EP, but hey that is just a matter of taste.

the RN (funky shit's mum) remix is cool, but i am surprised that it is so chilled and also very, very 80s (nearly saying cheese here), thought you are a bit on the edgy side, hence the name funky shit... well how that can be misleading LOL.

but hey nice work and all of them very well produced.

trebolanza is my fave, though... that is a little more edgy stuff 8)
*** Image GAFM ***

funky shit

Post by funky shit » Wed Mar 03, 2010 7:21 pm

geeeez sorrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrryyyyyyyyyyyyyyy subfunk :roll:

joking :lol:

naw man im big into house/techno/minimal and watever, they are my genre of choice, but a lot of people on this forum arnt into that shite :lol: i didnt think leeds was into it either, so i wasnt going to go batshit crazy with bleeps/shuffles/white noise/electro saw wave stabs/sirens/30's alien movie quotes :lol: so i done a remix which was different, but what i also enjoyed!

dont worry, you'll hear some of that crap in future 8)

leedsquietman

Post by leedsquietman » Wed Mar 03, 2010 7:31 pm

Aaron, I love the remix. Thanks again for your time and effort.

BTW - if next time you want to take it in a different way, regardless of what you think my tastes are, feel free. Your remix surprised me the most, Sie Hughes has remixed tracks for me before and usually they are unrecognizable from the original, Drum and Bass is more his thing and his remix was definately NOT dnb here ;) - and while I like his remix too, I thought that yours was the more cutting edge, do your own thing of the 2.

Thanks for the feedback SF, always appreciated. You can blame me for the retroness of the piece, after all, I sent a huge chunk of samples to Aaron and Sie from my original piece which sounds something like Tangerine Dream circa 1987. Aaron actually took MIDIs too, whereas Sie just had my audio samples and added some of own stuff.

The 80s was the best anyway !! ;) Like I said to you before Axel, I've progressed from about 1978 with Solarity EP to about 1988 with this one, so expect some happy hardcore or early trance type stuff which was popular in 1998 on the next release ... :mrgreen:
http://soundcloud.com/umbriel-rising http://www.myspace.com/leedsquietmandemos Live 7.0.18 SUITE, Cubase 5.5.2], Soundforge 9, Dell XPS M1530, 2.2 Ghz C2D, 4GB, Vista Ult SP2, legit plugins a plenty, Alesis IO14.

SubFunk

Post by SubFunk » Wed Mar 03, 2010 7:41 pm

^^^ LOL

well man you know, make what you love, that is the only important thing, music is nothing without feeling it.
*** Image GAFM ***

funky shit

Post by funky shit » Wed Mar 03, 2010 7:43 pm

cheers dude! 8)
and LOL @ happy hardcore.
but what im really looking forward to is the 2008 track which has autotune alll over it :lol:

Rave

Post by Rave » Sun Mar 07, 2010 7:19 am

How did I miss this? Sounclound for the iPhone here I come

outershpongolia

Post by outershpongolia » Sun Mar 07, 2010 7:28 am

No offense, but.. Do you guys need some design work done?

Rave

Post by Rave » Sun Mar 07, 2010 8:10 am

I enjoyed all versions. Tis interesting to hear different takes of the same material. It even got me thinking of how I would do a remix. Well done guys

Oh and Leeds are you a love child of chris franke or something? :lol:

UKRuss

Post by UKRuss » Sun Mar 07, 2010 2:19 pm

Nice work boys. I love this and I agree with above, I prefer it to the Solarity EP. Funky's Mum Remix is my favourite I have to say.

The one thing I'm not liking is the 'Andy Taylor Duran Duran' guitar tone Leeds, whats going on there?? :D

leedsquietman

Post by leedsquietman » Sun Mar 07, 2010 3:47 pm

Duran Duran are my heroes :lol: Andy Taylor is a guitar God : :oops: Outstanding guitar tone, that solo on 'Save A Prayer' should be mandatory, forget Smoke On The Water and Stairway To heaven ;)

Damn, I thought I kept my secret life as Chris Franke's lovechild well under wraps, now I will have to change my identity again - I'm a chameleon though, so no probs - 'They seek him here, they seek him there. Those Frenchies seek him everywhere. Is he in heaven or is he in hell? That damned elusive Pimpernel'

'If there's bad design in your neighbourhood, who you gonna call - Shpongolia !'

Thanks guys. Your feedback and bacon sandwiches have made me smile this Sunday morning. :mrgreen:
Last edited by leedsquietman on Sun Mar 07, 2010 4:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

outershpongolia

Post by outershpongolia » Sun Mar 07, 2010 4:18 pm

leedsquietman wrote:'If there's bad design in your neighbourhood, who you gonna call - Shpongolia !'
Wasn't trying to be a douche.. I'm a student and I'd do it for free if it was just a CD cover and inside..

Can't read the "U" in the name, just thought I'd help if it was wanted.. :roll: