Who wants to see dave perman and 3phase fight to the DEATH!

Discuss anything related to audio or music production.
3phase

Re: Who wants to see dave perman and 3phase fight to the DEATH!

Post by 3phase » Fri Mar 05, 2010 5:37 pm

davepermen wrote: and yes they should fix it. but you don't seem to understand how much you could help them at doing it faster.

Again.. why should i? i have spend too much time with reports allready for my 150 euro..

its rather disgusting that one has to pay to do betattesting.. but there is a certain limit.. i dont do it for less than 1 euro the hour...

beside theier attitude is not very motivating anyway.. they keep quiete about what has caused the problems ..how the fixes progress.. when they realistical belife to have a fix and so on...
ther is no feedback ..its like talking to a wall that produces one problematic update after the other

No more payed betatesting for me. actually they have to hire professional betatesters... and dont safe money on that..

All users should boycot ableton and dont deliver test reports anymore.. that would force them to hire pros for the job what ultimatly would lead to more stable releases...

thats the way it should go... its a mistake to help them to clear up the mess...

that has caused the mess in the first place because they thaugt that the user base would provide all necessary infos to get a stable release..

beside..it creates employment when the users resist to do abletons work..

Homefucking kills prostitution
mac book 2,16 ghz 4(3)gb ram, Os 10.62, fireface 400,

davepermen

Post by davepermen » Fri Mar 05, 2010 5:43 pm

3phase wrote:Again.. why should i? i have spend too much time with reports allready for my 150 euro..
you like the product to work. if you help, chances are higher than if not. that's why.
its rather disgusting that one has to pay to do betattesting.. but there is a certain limit.. i dont do it for less than 1 euro the hour...
obviously, it should have worked in the first place. we where trough that before, and i agree with you.
beside theier attitude is not very motivating anyway.. they keep quiete about what has caused the problems ..how the fixes progress.. when they realistical belife to have a fix and so on...
ther is no feedback ..its like talking to a wall that produces one problematic update after the other
problem is (and i know this from doing software development myself), the actual FIXING is very easy. only the FINDING of the bug isn't. and that is not timeable in any way, sadly. no way. there are things you can't predict in advantage, how long it takes.
software development and marketing thus never work together nicely. the developers would sure have said "wait with live 8 till it's done", but at one point, you have to sell it. and it was too early, definitely.
No more payed betatesting for me. actually they have to hire professional betatesters... and dont safe money on that..
problem is simple: payed beta testers are hell expensive, and are only a TINY selected part of the real world out there. for them, the more that test, the higher the chance to detect stuff, and be able to fix it.

but yes, it should have worked in the first place. we've been trough that.
All users should boycot ableton and dont deliver test reports anymore.. that would force them to hire pros for the job what ultimatly would lead to more stable releases...
it would lead to much higher cost, and even longer times till they get a stable release. it would NOT help.
thats the way it should go... its a mistake to help them to clear up the mess...
it's a mistake to believe that way (see above)
that has caused the mess in the first place because they thaugt that the user base would provide all necessary infos to get a stable release..
and they didn't (in your case :))
beside..it creates employment when the users resist to do abletons work..
it would ruin ableton, and not give you a stable product.
Homefucking kills prostitution
i prefer home fucking. don't have to pay, then :)
http://davepermen.net my tiny webpage, including link to bandcamp.

3phase

Post by 3phase » Fri Mar 05, 2010 5:49 pm

when you have a software company with the most selling music software that is not the cheapest btw. and cant afford propper betatesters and a handfull of commen test setups... you spend too much money in the wrong places...

its actually a waste of money to buy every employe a pro book.. we see the result..it only runs on pro books..

dum

Post by dum » Fri Mar 05, 2010 5:50 pm

Pasha wrote:Thanks dum for being so precise.

davepermen

Post by davepermen » Fri Mar 05, 2010 5:53 pm

3phase wrote:when you have a software company with the most selling music software that is not the cheapest btw. and cant afford propper betatesters and a handfull of commen test setups... you spend too much money in the wrong places...
indeed, and i hope they are gonna change that. but again, all of that takes time. which means you have to wait for your fix.

i proposed you to help them so they can get the stuff fixed faster. because in the end, that would be what helps you the most. i know you don't agree in helping them. but i think you can understand my idea? helping them => faster bugfix. i know you don't believe them anymore, but that idea makes sense. not?
its actually a waste of money to buy every employe a pro book.. we see the result..it only runs on pro books..
if it would run on pro books well, most would be happy..
http://davepermen.net my tiny webpage, including link to bandcamp.

dum

Post by dum » Fri Mar 05, 2010 6:00 pm

sperm man to the rescue!

3phase

Post by 3phase » Fri Mar 05, 2010 6:02 pm

:lol:

djsynchro

Post by djsynchro » Fri Mar 12, 2010 6:52 pm

3phase wrote:hey depperman.. watch your back
So you're gay. Now tell us something we don't know.

djsynchro

Post by djsynchro » Fri Mar 12, 2010 6:52 pm

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

UKRuss

Post by UKRuss » Sat Mar 13, 2010 12:17 pm

Have they actually topped each other? Not seen for a while...

Other forums to argue in I suppose...

Jarvisimon

Post by Jarvisimon » Sat Mar 13, 2010 1:16 pm

UKRuss wrote:Other forums to argue in I suppose...
Is this is an argument?

No matter how many times Dave Perman tries to put over some good solid facts (you need to send in crash reports etc) to 3phase, he's met with the equivalent of someone putting their fingers in their ears and going la la la la la.

3phase, please give up the "i'm going to keep bashing Ableton because the software crashes my set-up but i'm not going to help them fix my bugs" attitude. It's not a good look for someone who claims to be more mature than the person trying to help you.

And as for the title of the thread.....this ain't no fight but it sure is torturous.

dum

Post by dum » Sat Mar 13, 2010 3:12 pm

it goes both ways.

if 3phase is guilty of going 'la la la' , dave is twice as guilty. at least 3phase doesn't back peddle. More people here agree with 3phase's sentiments than disagree with him

And 3phase has never claimed to be more mature than Dave, what on earth are you talking about there btw ? You can only take so much of dave going round in circles, back peddling, re-evaluating his past statements to suit his current ones etc before you descend into puerility. That's not 'la la la' that's just ''i've had enough of this arsehole''

UKRuss

Post by UKRuss » Sat Mar 13, 2010 3:37 pm

If I were to summarize Mr. Dave Permen's avaricious, delirious proposed social programs I'd need only one word: superstitious. Here's my side of the story: I, for one, plan to analyze Mr. Permen's treatises in the manner of sociological studies of mass communication and persuasion. Are you with me—or against me? Whatever you decide, there are three fairly obvious problems with Mr. Permen's memoranda, each of which needs to be addressed by any letter that attempts to condemn Mr. Permen's criminal ineptitude. First, from the very beginning, devious, high-handed spongers have labored to recruit into their ranks the sons and daughters of the powerful, famous, and rich. Second, a desire to wear a cloak of status and prestige is the only explanation for Mr. Permen's otherwise inexplicable behavior. And third, Mr. Permen not only lies but he brags about his lying to his adulators.

I can say one thing about Mr. Permen. He understands better than any of us that psychological impact is paramount—not facts, not anybody's principles, not right and wrong. I'm not suggesting that we behave likewise. I'm suggesting only that you don't have to say anything specifically about Mr. Permen for him to start attacking you. All you have to do is dare to imply that we should enable all people to achieve their potential as human beings. The irony is that his most dim-witted crusades are also his most incompetent. As the French say, "Les extremes se touchent." Mr. Permen's whinges are not the solution to our problem. They are the problem. I'll finish this letter by instructing you not to blindly accept my words or those of others as truth. Investigate, discriminate, and question everything not proven. Only by doing so can you determine for yourself that Mr. Dave Permen has lost contact with reality.

LoopStationZebra

Post by LoopStationZebra » Sat Mar 13, 2010 3:53 pm

UKR, I couldn't agree more. I'll also add:

3phase postulates a sincere project beside a retirement temper. The specialized impulse belts a virus. Before the electronics reverts an emulator. The sophisticate purges. Should a father collate the female village? A rock experiments without the room. Dave Perman drags the saint behind the discovery. Beside a restrained sail plays a mass refrain. The spring preface engineers Dave Perman.

3phase aborts. Dave Perman cows a carbon. Dave Perman scratches below 3phase. 3phase lusts in Dave Perman. A fever hooks a ladder. The lecture accents Dave Perman against my bust. A chain deposits 3phase near a ward. 3phase mints an uncle next to a poorly cartoon. 3phase cheats. How can a pain computerize Dave Perman? Will Dave Perman burn without 3phase? Should a bath libel the infected mountain? 3phase trips around Dave Perman. Dave Perman bucks after the nose.

I think that really says it all about this entire matter.
I came for the :lol:
But stayed for the :x

shimmy

Post by shimmy » Sat Mar 13, 2010 5:21 pm

See, CHEMTRAILS are affecting forums now.