Why Americans don't like European football

Discuss anything related to audio or music production.
plantaginate

Re: Why Americans don't like European football

Post by plantaginate » Fri Mar 19, 2010 8:10 pm

LoopStationZebra wrote:
plantaginate wrote:
beats me wrote:
For me the main problem with american handegg is that for every 10 seconds of play there's 5 minutes or replay footage, player analysis, historical references, commercials, and enough general chatter to make even a woman go "do you ever shut up?". You could probably film and edit an hour long stop motion clamation movie in a shorter period of time.

But I still say it's the lack of point making that kills european football for americans. There's more points scored in a single basketball game than the collective global score of an entire european football season.

Thank GOD American GIs fucked all of our women during and after WWII. If it weren't for that injection (literally) of new DNA into our gene pool, we'd be even bigger buck toothed, pencil dicked, hairy knucked, pinheaded, inbred freaks than we are now.
fixie wixie.
erm. what in the hell are you talking about?
bit of a spread was it,

beats me

Post by beats me » Fri Mar 19, 2010 9:03 pm

At least the US beats Europe in cancer deaths. And we do it smoking half as much. And smoking light cigarettes.

US RULEZ!

delicioso

Post by delicioso » Fri Mar 19, 2010 9:13 pm

American handegg - football (soccer) = American Gladiators
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zyenKCEJ8i4

leedsquietman

Post by leedsquietman » Fri Mar 19, 2010 11:00 pm

Yeah, let the French cook, if you want meat which is so rare as to be still half alive and can be revived with a kiss of life, portions the size of my little finger and rude serving staff, who gob in your meal if you're British or American. (lol) - I've been to France 7 times and had some delicious food and some truly disgusting food, just as in the UK and Canada.

Some of you guys need to get out more and visit some foreign countries instead of sitting in your bedroom in your parents' home (even though you're 35), googling and using wikipedia as your Bible - you will find there is a rich culture and life everywhere. So many sour people in this thread, you are probably badly constipated and look like a bulldog chewing a wasp.

Embrace life and stop hating ...
http://soundcloud.com/umbriel-rising http://www.myspace.com/leedsquietmandemos Live 7.0.18 SUITE, Cubase 5.5.2], Soundforge 9, Dell XPS M1530, 2.2 Ghz C2D, 4GB, Vista Ult SP2, legit plugins a plenty, Alesis IO14.

flippo

Post by flippo » Fri Mar 19, 2010 11:32 pm

leedsquietman wrote:Yeah, let the French cook, if you want meat which is so rare as to be still half alive and can be revived with a kiss of life, portions the size of my little finger and rude serving staff, who gob in your meal if you're British or American. (lol) - I've been to France 7 times and had some delicious food and some truly disgusting food, just as in the UK and Canada.

Some of you guys need to get out more and visit some foreign countries instead of sitting in your bedroom in your parents' home (even though you're 35), googling and using wikipedia as your Bible - you will find there is a rich culture and life everywhere. So many sour people in this thread, you are probably badly constipated and look like a bulldog chewing a wasp.

I do actually want meat that's so rare as to be still half alive, but otherwise you're on point 8)

dhilsabeck

Post by dhilsabeck » Sat Mar 20, 2010 2:35 am

leedsquietman wrote:Yeah, let the French cook, if you want meat which is so rare as to be still half alive and can be revived with a kiss of life, portions the size of my little finger and rude serving staff, who gob in your meal if you're British or American. (lol) - I've been to France 7 times and had some delicious food and some truly disgusting food, just as in the UK and Canada.

Jesus. Another aloof Canadian.

derzai

Post by derzai » Sat Mar 20, 2010 12:05 pm

dhilsabeck wrote:

Jesus. Another aloof Canadian.
Talking about somebody sounding sour. :|

The French kitchen doesnt have to be in France, can be anywhere.

Like the McDonalds at Orly Airport, the only place you seem to have been.

derzai

Post by derzai » Sat Mar 20, 2010 12:22 pm

deleted wrong thread.

leedsquietman

Post by leedsquietman » Sat Mar 20, 2010 12:42 pm

I'm actually British by birth, so if you're going to slag me off do your research. I am a permanent resident in Canada.

I have been to France 7 times, I studied French at University (London Guildhall) as my major subject with German, I have been teaching French at elementary school in Ontario for 8 years (along with working at the board office recording facility) until recently laid off due to declining enrolment in our board, I lived 9 months in Montpellier, where I was a Language Assistant at the Université Paul Valéry III helping French students learn English and I know the airport at both Orly and Charles de Gaulle in Roissy in Paris.

I actually like the French and le français.
http://soundcloud.com/umbriel-rising http://www.myspace.com/leedsquietmandemos Live 7.0.18 SUITE, Cubase 5.5.2], Soundforge 9, Dell XPS M1530, 2.2 Ghz C2D, 4GB, Vista Ult SP2, legit plugins a plenty, Alesis IO14.

derzai

Post by derzai » Sat Mar 20, 2010 1:31 pm

leedsquietman wrote:I'm actually British by birth, so if you're going to slag me off do your research. I am a permanent resident in Canada.

I have been to France 7 times, I studied French at University (London Guildhall) as my major subject with German, I have been teaching French at elementary school in Ontario for 8 years (along with working at the board office recording facility) until recently laid off due to declining enrolment in our board, I lived 9 months in Montpellier, where I was a Language Assistant at the Université Paul Valéry III helping French students learn English and I know the airport at both Orly and Charles de Gaulle in Roissy in Paris.

So what?

leedsquietman

Post by leedsquietman » Sat Mar 20, 2010 1:37 pm

So I don't base my opinions on France and the French purely from what I read on Google or Wikipedia.

Some of you can benefit from travelling and getting some of your own experiences. You might even have fun and like it and rethink some previous assumptions, biases or misconceptions :)

derzai

Post by derzai » Sat Mar 20, 2010 1:55 pm

leedsquietman wrote:So I don't base my opinions on France and the French purely from what I read on Google or Wikipedia.

Some of you can benefit from travelling and getting some of your own experiences. You might even have fun and like it and rethink some previous assumptions, biases or misconceptions :)
Man, I've seen every corner of France. What the heck are you talking about? :|

leedsquietman

Post by leedsquietman » Sat Mar 20, 2010 2:47 pm

I'm not talking about you. I've seen every corner of France and most of Europe many times over.

I recommend it thoroughly.
Last edited by leedsquietman on Sat Mar 20, 2010 2:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rave

Post by Rave » Sat Mar 20, 2010 2:49 pm

leedsquietman wrote:I'm actually British by birth, so if you're going to slag me off do your research. I am a permanent resident in Canada.

Montpellier is nice. However, you wouldn't like the people from the Cote d'azur, they are very different breed :lol:

leedsquietman

Post by leedsquietman » Sat Mar 20, 2010 2:56 pm

The weather in Montpellier was nicer than in Caen where I also spent 3 months learning geography in a partnership scheme between my British University and the Université de Caen Basse-Normandie. I liked the people in Montpellier and Caen though.

I visited Cannes and St. Tropez but didn't have the money to appreciate such places - il y a des belles plages. I went on a French exchange in high school to Lille and loved the people there too.