Why Americans don't like European football

Discuss anything related to audio or music production.
smartass303

Re: Why Americans don't like European football

Post by smartass303 » Tue Mar 23, 2010 1:50 pm

wow,
too bad i missed this thread. pointless discussion about the comparsion of apples and pineapples. and that WWII twist,I HAVE NEVER SEEN THIS ONE BEFORE! WOW, YEAH, WOOHOO!

europe

usa

oops, wrong thread, go on please retards...

beats me

Post by beats me » Tue Mar 23, 2010 2:02 pm

smartass303 wrote:wow,
too bad i missed this thread. pointless discussion about the comparsion of apples and pineapples. and that WWII twist,I HAVE NEVER SEEN THIS ONE BEFORE! WOW, YEAH, WOOHOO!

europe

usa

I can't really determine from those pictures which side you're taking on this discussion. The blur of non-descript masses or the hot soccer mom?

smartass303

Post by smartass303 » Tue Mar 23, 2010 3:09 pm

beats me wrote: I can't really determine from those pictures which side you're taking on this discussion. The blur of non-descript masses or the hot soccer mom?
hot FOOTBALL mom!

beats me

Post by beats me » Tue Mar 23, 2010 3:26 pm

smartass303 wrote:
beats me wrote: I can't really determine from those pictures which side you're taking on this discussion. The blur of non-descript masses or the hot soccer mom?
hot FOOTBALL mom!

It is kind of funny that the country that coined the term soccer mom doesn't really follow the sport. It would be like Saudi Arabia coining the term democracy dad.

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Tue Mar 23, 2010 5:43 pm

^ The term comes from those moms "following the sport" to drop their kids off at games and at practice...

in the states soccer is a kid's game...

...That could be because of the advertising as mentioned, the fact that sports already consume enough bandwidth/airtime, or it could be because we just don't give a shit about local soccer teams. Its not like the World Cup isn't on bars all over this continent when it comes on.
LoopStationZebra wrote:it's like a hipster commie pinko manifesto. Rambling. Angry. Nearly divorced from all reality; yet strangely compelling with a ring of truth.

beats me

Post by beats me » Tue Mar 23, 2010 5:51 pm

H20nly wrote:^ The term comes from those moms "following the sport" to drop their kids off at games and at practice...

...That could be because of the advertising as mentioned, the fact that sports already consume enough bandwidth/airtime, or it could be because we just don't give a shit about local soccer teams. Its not like the World Cup isn't on bars all over this continent when it comes on.
Don't try to dilute my statement with factual information. :)

A democracy dad could be a guy who follows the world's democracies in the media but has very little practical use for it because it conflicts with his prayer time and government beat downs.

outershpongolia

Post by outershpongolia » Tue Mar 23, 2010 6:16 pm

beats me wrote:
H20nly wrote:^ The term comes from those moms "following the sport" to drop their kids off at games and at practice...

Don't try to dilute my statement with factual information. :)

A democracy dad could be a guy who follows the world's democracies in the media but has very little practical use for it because it conflicts with his prayer time and government beat downs.
Newest US Sitcom: "Democracy Dad"

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Wed Mar 24, 2010 3:19 am

beats me wrote:Don't try to dilute my statement with factual information.
:mrgreen:

my bad.
LoopStationZebra wrote:it's like a hipster commie pinko manifesto. Rambling. Angry. Nearly divorced from all reality; yet strangely compelling with a ring of truth.

Salty P

Post by Salty P » Tue Apr 06, 2010 5:52 pm

:lol:

Chris Kamara, what a legend!

rsaulo

Post by rsaulo » Tue Apr 06, 2010 6:13 pm

rosti wrote:American football = handegg-wrestling
European football = football
Let´s say it right.

I don´t know why this debate about football between USA vs Europe if the really best football is in South America.....

8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

leedsquietman

Post by leedsquietman » Tue Apr 06, 2010 6:14 pm

I love Chris Kamara.

Funny, tells it how it us, former player at the club I support Leeds United where he was loved for putting himself about (albeit with little skill), this was a bad moment for him but Britons have a tradition of having eccentric and sometimes goofy sportscasters, who can be more entertaining than the match sometimes, as opposed to the Americans who are deadly serious and just quote stats, stats, stats.
http://soundcloud.com/umbriel-rising http://www.myspace.com/leedsquietmandemos Live 7.0.18 SUITE, Cubase 5.5.2], Soundforge 9, Dell XPS M1530, 2.2 Ghz C2D, 4GB, Vista Ult SP2, legit plugins a plenty, Alesis IO14.

rsaulo

Post by rsaulo » Tue Apr 06, 2010 6:24 pm

smartass303 wrote:wow,

europe

usa

brazil

nathannn

Post by nathannn » Tue Apr 06, 2010 7:03 pm

i love soccer! (i also feel it should be called football)
i cant stand any of the major american sports except baseball.

american football is so boring!
the whole sport primarily consist of 2 hours of penalties.
every time that shit is on tv some one is being penalized for something.
if its not that then its old farts yapping about how manly they think they are while shoving a hot dog down there pipe.

basketball.. there is another boring piece of crap.
nothing but penalties!

hockey.. i rarely see any sportsmanship in that sport.
if you take the part of them acting like a bunch of brats on ice skates away, all you have left is 2 hours of watching them broom a piece of shit around and only accumulate 3 points.

why isnt dodge ball a major sport?

why isnt kick ball?

why isnt vollyball?

america has the most mind numbingly boring sports in the world.
football
hockey
golf
basketball... i hate all of them.
The Push / Novation Launch Pad / Novation Launch Pad Pro / Novation Launch Key
/ Launch Control XL / Machine MkII / Machine Studio / BeatStep / Livid OhmRGB / Livid Code V2 / Apc 40 MKII

no computers or synths

20 Copies of Ableton Live Lite.

outershpongolia

Post by outershpongolia » Tue Apr 06, 2010 8:17 pm

nathannn wrote:i love soccer! (i also feel it should be called football)
i cant stand any of the major american sports except baseball.

american football is so boring!
the whole sport primarily consist of 2 hours of penalties.
every time that shit is on tv some one is being penalized for something.
if its not that then its old farts yapping about how manly they think they are while shoving a hot dog down there pipe.

basketball.. there is another boring piece of crap.
nothing but penalties!

hockey.. i rarely see any sportsmanship in that sport.
if you take the part of them acting like a bunch of brats on ice skates away, all you have left is 2 hours of watching them broom a piece of shit around and only accumulate 3 points.

why isnt dodge ball a major sport?

why isnt kick ball?

why isnt vollyball?

america has the most mind numbingly boring sports in the world.
football
hockey
golf
basketball... i hate all of them.

Origin of hockey? said to be Canada.

Origin of golf? said to be Scotland.

Origin of basketball? some dude from Ontario, Canada.

but I guess you weren't really saying we originated them, just that they're all here.

I agree about the part with the penalties, basketball gets rediculous, and in football it's usually stupid little mistakes, either way I like american football the best but that's what I grew up playing, which is pretty much what it comes down to.

I mean, some people like tennis.. :lol:

and all of it gets settled at the olympics, where many countries excel in the sport that is more popular in their country for obvious reasons..