CD Baby... the royal treatment...

Discussion of anything not related to audio or music production
H20nly
Posts: 15846
Joined: Sat Oct 27, 2007 9:15 pm
Location: The Wild West

CD Baby... the royal treatment...

Post by H20nly » Fri Mar 19, 2010 6:46 pm

I ordered Paddy's (of Pitch Black) cool tribalesque CD yesterday... I just got an email from CD Baby confirming shipment and thought I'd share...

CD Baby wrote:Thanks for your order with CD Baby!

USPS

(1) Paddy Free: Karekare - Te Reo O Te Whenua


Your CD has been gently taken from our CD Baby shelves with sterilized contamination-free gloves and placed onto a satin pillow.
A team of 50 employees inspected your CD and polished it to make sure it was in the best possible condition before mailing.
Our packing specialist from Japan lit a candle and a hush fell over the crowd as he put your CD into the finest gold-lined box that money can buy.
We all had a wonderful celebration afterwards and the whole party marched down the street to the post office where the entire town of Portland waved "Bon Voyage!" to your package, on its way to you, in our private CD Baby jet on this day, March 19, 2010.
We hope you had a wonderful time shopping at CD Baby. In commemoration, we have placed your picture on our wall as "Customer of the Year." We're all exhausted but can't wait for you to come back to CDBABY.COM!!

Thank you, thank you, thank you!
Sigh...
We miss you already. We'll be right here at http://cdbaby.com/, patiently awaiting your return.
--
CD Baby
The little store with the best new independent music.
http://cdbaby.com cdbaby@cdbaby.com (503)595-3000
:mrgreen: me likes
LoopStationZebra wrote:it's like a hipster commie pinko manifesto. Rambling. Angry. Nearly divorced from all reality; yet strangely compelling with a ring of truth.

ethios4
Posts: 5377
Joined: Tue Dec 02, 2003 6:28 am

Re: CD Baby... the royal treatment...

Post by ethios4 » Fri Mar 19, 2010 7:58 pm

Whoa, didn't know about that album. Sounds fantastic, buying it now!

H20nly
Posts: 15846
Joined: Sat Oct 27, 2007 9:15 pm
Location: The Wild West

Re: CD Baby... the royal treatment...

Post by H20nly » Fri Mar 19, 2010 10:07 pm

what I've heard was awesome. looking forward to the arrival of the gold lined box :wink:
LoopStationZebra wrote:it's like a hipster commie pinko manifesto. Rambling. Angry. Nearly divorced from all reality; yet strangely compelling with a ring of truth.

beats me
Posts: 23319
Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2007 6:39 pm

Re: CD Baby... the royal treatment...

Post by beats me » Fri Mar 19, 2010 10:19 pm

And upon receipt of your CD a baby panda is born. Awwwweee.

ikeaboy
Posts: 1684
Joined: Sat Jun 05, 2004 9:38 pm
Location: Ireland

Re: CD Baby... the royal treatment...

Post by ikeaboy » Fri Mar 19, 2010 10:24 pm

H20nly wrote:I ordered Paddy's (of Pitch Black) cool tribalesque CD yesterday... I just got an email from CD Baby confirming shipment and thought I'd share...

CD Baby wrote:Thanks for your order with CD Baby!

USPS

(1) Paddy Free: Karekare - Te Reo O Te Whenua


Your CD has been gently taken from our CD Baby shelves with sterilized contamination-free gloves and placed onto a satin pillow.
A team of 50 employees inspected your CD and polished it to make sure it was in the best possible condition before mailing.
Our packing specialist from Japan lit a candle and a hush fell over the crowd as he put your CD into the finest gold-lined box that money can buy.
We all had a wonderful celebration afterwards and the whole party marched down the street to the post office where the entire town of Portland waved "Bon Voyage!" to your package, on its way to you, in our private CD Baby jet on this day, March 19, 2010.
We hope you had a wonderful time shopping at CD Baby. In commemoration, we have placed your picture on our wall as "Customer of the Year." We're all exhausted but can't wait for you to come back to CDBABY.COM!!

Thank you, thank you, thank you!
Sigh...
We miss you already. We'll be right here at http://cdbaby.com/, patiently awaiting your return.
--
CD Baby
The little store with the best new independent music.
http://cdbaby.com cdbaby@cdbaby.com (503)595-3000
:mrgreen: me likes
I like that email, I'm curious about that CD I should be able to get it on Emusic if its on CD Baby

mikemc
Posts: 5454
Joined: Mon Jun 21, 2004 2:14 pm
Location: Maryland USA
Contact:

Re: CD Baby... the royal treatment...

Post by mikemc » Sat Mar 20, 2010 4:05 am

well, you should see the email when they ship one of *my* CDs :P

:lol: :lol:

H20nly
Posts: 15846
Joined: Sat Oct 27, 2007 9:15 pm
Location: The Wild West

Re: CD Baby... the royal treatment...

Post by H20nly » Sat Mar 20, 2010 5:42 am

ikeaboy wrote:I'm curious about that CD I should be able to get it on Emusic if its on CD Baby
you can get it from iTunes, search for Paddy Free

i just don't like iTunes and I'm old skool enough to want an actual album (CD)....
LoopStationZebra wrote:it's like a hipster commie pinko manifesto. Rambling. Angry. Nearly divorced from all reality; yet strangely compelling with a ring of truth.

Pitch Black
Posts: 6444
Joined: Sat Dec 21, 2002 2:18 am
Location: Auckland New Zealand
Contact:

Re: CD Baby... the royal treatment...

Post by Pitch Black » Sat Mar 20, 2010 6:00 am

Hi All, cheers for the interest!

Ikeaboy, its available on iTunes, and also on Bandcamp as a lossless FLAC download here: http://paddyfree.bandcamp.com/ for ?4.99.

Or for Ireland, you can get a CD posted to you from Dubshop for ?6.49 + ?1.25p&p http://www.netsoundsmusic.com/nsudsii/2 ... 518/2.html

Hope this err... helps!! :D
MBP i5 2.53GHz | OSX 10.12.6 | Live10.0.4 | Fireface800 | Push 2
https://soundcloud.com/paddyfree

ikeaboy
Posts: 1684
Joined: Sat Jun 05, 2004 9:38 pm
Location: Ireland

Re: CD Baby... the royal treatment...

Post by ikeaboy » Sat Mar 20, 2010 1:19 pm

Pitch Black wrote:Hi All, cheers for the interest!

Ikeaboy, its available on iTunes, and also on Bandcamp as a lossless FLAC download here: http://paddyfree.bandcamp.com/ for ?4.99.

Or for Ireland, you can get a CD posted to you from Dubshop for ?6.49 + ?1.25p&p http://www.netsoundsmusic.com/nsudsii/2 ... 518/2.html

Hope this err... helps!! :D
I went to bandcamp to get it after trying the previews and after I paid I got this
Ooo! How exciting! It's the first time in a long time (or possibly ever) that anyone has downloaded this file! We're getting it ready now. In the meantime, please watch this thing spin around and around:
What's with all the hype? :lol: the download was very quick to set up though, no signing up or other hoops to jump through

Tarekith
Posts: 17417
Joined: Fri Jan 07, 2005 11:46 pm
Location: Ableton Forum Administrator
Contact:

Re: CD Baby... the royal treatment...

Post by Tarekith » Sat Mar 20, 2010 2:20 pm

It's a good CD, you guys will like it. 8)

ethios4
Posts: 5377
Joined: Tue Dec 02, 2003 6:28 am

Re: CD Baby... the royal treatment...

Post by ethios4 » Sat Mar 20, 2010 3:19 pm

Cheers Paddy! Can't wait for this....sounds like it's going to be perfect music for having on in the afternoon around the house! My wife is going to love it since she loves Pitch Black AND Maori music/culture!

Pitch Black
Posts: 6444
Joined: Sat Dec 21, 2002 2:18 am
Location: Auckland New Zealand
Contact:

Re: CD Baby... the royal treatment...

Post by Pitch Black » Sat Mar 20, 2010 9:03 pm

Cheers yous fullas! :oops: :D :D :D

ikeaboy
Posts: 1684
Joined: Sat Jun 05, 2004 9:38 pm
Location: Ireland

Re: CD Baby... the royal treatment...

Post by ikeaboy » Mon Mar 22, 2010 1:11 pm

I through it on a CD for a car journey saturday and I'm glad I got it. I was drawn to the beat driven techno/house tracks (probably because I was thinking how I could work them into a set sometime :oops: ) but it was nice to hear an album with a solid concept that was able to wander through genres and stay focused. The beatless track with the yearning singing all the way through (track 11??) was my favourite so far

nebulae
Posts: 15707
Joined: Tue Sep 07, 2004 12:16 am
Location: New Orleans
Contact:

Re: CD Baby... the royal treatment...

Post by nebulae » Mon Mar 22, 2010 5:10 pm

I can't wait to pirate this!
Image Image Image Image

H20nly
Posts: 15846
Joined: Sat Oct 27, 2007 9:15 pm
Location: The Wild West

Re: CD Baby... the royal treatment...

Post by H20nly » Mon Mar 22, 2010 5:28 pm

^ here you go neb. I uploaded it to the webz so that you can get (pirate) it here:

http://techsmartly.net/lol/df7b845a3a

just click Ok at the prompts
LoopStationZebra wrote:it's like a hipster commie pinko manifesto. Rambling. Angry. Nearly divorced from all reality; yet strangely compelling with a ring of truth.

Post Reply