Which is More Important to You the 2nd Amendment or Unity

Discuss anything related to audio or music production.

which Is More Important to You

The 2nd Amendment
28%
Unity,diversity, and equality among all people
38%
the fact that our healthcare cost too much
10%
the fact that our war in iraq cost too much
24%

Total votes: 29

starving student

Re: Which is More Important to You the 2nd Amendment or Unity

Post by starving student » Wed Apr 14, 2010 7:37 am

dum wrote:OP is an enormous faggot.

/thread
so what are you afraid of most, that I'm enormous or a fag, either way you're small and a pussy.
don't be so chicken................chicken.

starving student

Post by starving student » Wed Apr 14, 2010 7:49 am

john doe by choice wrote:I'd be interested in your (SS) perception of what exactly you're polling us on, but don't bother unless you're going to explain it to us while you're sober (aka with proper spelling and punctuation, complete sentences, and without unnamed youtube video links).

As for my perception of it, I think they may have put a little more consideration into writing the part about militia if they knew what kind of effect it would have 200+ years later, but the other part I recite while cleaning my mossberg.

Also, I'd say that all of the options above are equally important to me - war isn't worth it, health care is fucked up, if we could truly have unity I wouldn't need a gun, but since it's just not possible in modern times, I prefer to maintain my right to protect myself. Poll voided.
John (certainly not John Gordon) I think it's clear, there's not too many choices
and I'm only curious as to whats important, theres no right answer when it comes to ones own priorities, anyway I can't help but notice that whenever you talk about these things you begin by trying to exert a liberal amount of control over the discussion.......is that really necessary, you're not really that responsible
are you?

your post intrigued me though, why do you think that if we could truly have unity you wouldn't need a gun, exactly who is it that you need protection from, for example my toys are for protection from someone trying to do me bodily harm at my rest but there is no direct connection to unity or lack there of in this regard, just an issue of crime, doesn't sound like your mossy is for that purpose so who's got you up in arms?
btw I agree with you about the 'they'.
but unity we might not agree about, I think it's easy among those that prefer unity to division,

starving student

Post by starving student » Wed Apr 14, 2010 7:54 am

i think we're missing some votes.

liveISlife

Post by liveISlife » Wed Apr 14, 2010 8:46 am

I think this thread is wound up. And ready to...explode? :lol:

UKRuss

Post by UKRuss » Wed Apr 14, 2010 10:12 am

The only question we need to answer is why SS feels it absolutely necessaruy to continue posting incendiary polls in a music forum.

Particularly in the lounge of all places.

Here I am chilling, trying to enjoy myself and along comes some speccy gurner with his political diatribe and pointless debatery about which I couldn't give a shit.

Here's some important debate topuics worthy of polls in The Lounge:

Brit Chicks vs Other
Ultralite vs Other Soundcards
Firewire vs USB
Mac vs PC
Midi vs ?
Sunshine vs Sun Sheeeee-ine

liveISlife

Post by liveISlife » Wed Apr 14, 2010 11:49 am

aaaheemmm... fixed-
UKRuss wrote:Here's some important debate topuics worthy of polls in The Lounge:

Mac vs PC
Mac vs PC
Mac vs PC
Mac vs PC
Mac vs PC
Mac vs PC

stringtapper

Post by stringtapper » Wed Apr 14, 2010 12:55 pm

Define "unity." I'm skeptical of people who say they want "unity" because I think what they really mean is "unity with my ideals and beliefs." What about the people and things you disagree with, are you ready to unite with those, SS?

And as an aside, the fact that you frame issues like the 2nd amendment and equality into an either/or scenario shows little imagination on your part. Yes of course, I can't believe I have a constitutional right to own weapons and believe all people should be treated equally at the same time. That would be sheer madness, right? That would mean I would have to actually think instead of acting like social issues are some kind of sports event where I have to pick a side and be a cheerleader.
Unsound Designer

john doe by choice

Post by john doe by choice » Wed Apr 14, 2010 1:17 pm

starving student wrote:
john doe by choice wrote:I'd be interested in your (SS) perception of what exactly you're polling us on, but don't bother unless you're going to explain it to us while you're sober (aka with proper spelling and punctuation, complete sentences, and without unnamed youtube video links).

As for my perception of it, I think they may have put a little more consideration into writing the part about militia if they knew what kind of effect it would have 200+ years later, but the other part I recite while cleaning my mossberg.

Also, I'd say that all of the options above are equally important to me - war isn't worth it, health care is fucked up, if we could truly have unity I wouldn't need a gun, but since it's just not possible in modern times, I prefer to maintain my right to protect myself. Poll voided.
John (certainly not John Gordon) I think it's clear, there's not too many choices
and I'm only curious as to whats important, theres no right answer when it comes to ones own priorities, anyway I can't help but notice that whenever you talk about these things you begin by trying to exert a liberal amount of control over the discussion.......is that really necessary, you're not really that responsible
are you?

your post intrigued me though, why do you think that if we could truly have unity you wouldn't need a gun, exactly who is it that you need protection from, for example my toys are for protection from someone trying to do me bodily harm at my rest but there is no direct connection to unity or lack there of in this regard, just an issue of crime, doesn't sound like your mossy is for that purpose so who's got you up in arms?
btw I agree with you about the 'they'.
but unity we might not agree about, I think it's easy among those that prefer unity to division,
I don't know what you mean by "trying to exert a liberal amount of control", but if expecting you to speak intelligently on such topics seems out of line on my part, I'm ok with that. As for "controlling the topic", you're clueless, just start a topic as half-assed as this one about something like Israel and see what happens - I'm nowhere near the worst around here, you're just stinky because I don't get so stoned as to think that all of your unnamed youtube links are worth sifting through.

As for the rest of it, you left us up to ourselves to determine what you meant, and I gave an answer based on that determination. I don't know what else you could mean by "unity" than true unity between all the members of the human race, which says to me that if we were, as a race, able to achieve that unity, that there would likely be no crime, since violent crime speaks to the fact that we, as the human race, cannot achieve such unity. My mossberg is 100% for home protection, but if I felt unity between me and my fellow man, then I don't think I would feel as though I needed it, and that is the connection between unity and firearms and the 2nd amendment as I see the subjects in this thread. Don't get me wrong, I would prefer unity as well, but humans as a whole just aren't capable. Don't forget who's on this forum, either - I haven't run across anyone in here that actually lives in China, or Africa, or is native to all those third world countries out there where something like unity is, in some cases, banned by law (and if you think that's bullshit, try talking the Chinese Government into "uniting" with Buddhists, or "uniting" with the rest of the world so that we as a race can learn from the mistakes of something like the slaughter at Tianamen Square - suggest that in person to the Chinese government, and you'll end up in prison, a result I wouldn't call "human unity").

Again, poll voided, which is why it didn't get any votes from me.

ethios4

Post by ethios4 » Wed Apr 14, 2010 3:28 pm

stringtapper wrote:Define "unity." I'm skeptical of people who say they want "unity" because I think what they really mean is "unity with my ideals and beliefs." What about the people and things you disagree with, are you ready to unite with those, SS?
Man no shit! Drives me crazy! Some of the most intolerant people I know also preach about tolerance and diversity. The whole world is judged through the lens of white liberal guilt-consciousness.

ChiDJ

Post by ChiDJ » Wed Apr 14, 2010 3:50 pm

I Like The Pussy
I like The Pussy Good
I hunt That Pussy
In My neighborhood

I Catch The Pussy
And Pet The Pussy Good
I make the pussy PURR....
Like a pussy Should.....
"Let you're body feel the sound! Let it cover you up and down!"

RonaldDumsfeld

Post by RonaldDumsfeld » Wed Apr 14, 2010 3:52 pm

Oh right. I almost forgot. Thanks for the timely reminder that 'we' are all Americans on the InterWebz.

Fuck Off back to Fox News.

starving student

Post by starving student » Wed Apr 14, 2010 7:37 pm

@ronald:

just because this poll is about the united states doesn't mean that it's a "reminder that we're all americans on the interwebz "dude how insecure can you be

@ethios4:

so you suspect me of being intolerant because I talk about unity , intolerance and division sometimes, I'll give you my opinion I'm not intolerant at all, I promote
unity in my music and in my life but by your definition of intolerance wouldn't you be intolerant? I mean you're talking about the subject matter just like I am and the fact that I'm merely talking about this subject is what has all of you very tolerant people irrate and even suspect that I'm intolerant wtf, I'd like to understand that one.

and what about white conciousness guilt makes you so upset, I wasn't talking about it in the poll but its an interesting concept none the less, I'm going to assume that you have nothing against white, nothing against conciousness, and at the least understand that guilt kind of works on it's own, not trying to put words in your mouth maybe you think guilt is a bad thing or whatever but anyway I'm not trying to sidetrack the thread here but do you feel white people shouldn't feel guilt or whats the whole white conciousness guilt connection here?

@stringtapper: whats good my man, did you actually read my post dude before you even posted I eluded to as much in a very strong way that I believe in owning firearms and you know I believe in unity but your post said that I think you can't do both, so either you just misunderstood me or you're ???? you tell me.

and as far as how I define Unity I think you know already I adhere to the collective meaning we have of the word as described by webster since unity is a learned
concept just like division is learned and I also agree with our collective definition of division too, why that makes you suspect I'm not sure.

@Johndoe by choice: first of all I agree with you about the foreign aspects of your post, I don't agree with your animosity but neither of those is what the pole is about.

when I say you're trying to control everything I mean that you started off trying to control my spelling etc...look I think you're a big enough man to be able to handle bad spelling and subpar punctuation I mean c'mon man if you can handle a gun you can handle some bad grammar.

I gotta ask you now what the hell is it with you and the youtube link rants, I never even brought up youtube and you're acting like you're launching a complaint at NBC, what are you a rival network or something like ABC haha dude if you don't like youtube then don't watch the links I refference, if you don't like youtube videos about music cause thats the kind I post then don't watch them and if you don't like me then don't watch them but really your obsessive youtube rants are the strangest form of distraction and detraction I've seen in a long time, I'm way more interested in your thoughts about the simple poll that I've left up to yourself to decipher. Now I'm saying it here right now in front of the whole world wide webernet.........your youtube links are the best......you win the youtube wars dude. can we get back to the topic

I draw no connection between unity and crime, they are two different issues, crime happens for many reasons outside of unity so no I don't agree with you that there can be no unity because of crime.

@UK Russ: didn't mean to ruin your toga party Russ i didn't know the topics of the poll weren't allowed in the lounge but I think I'm starting to get it

beats me

Post by beats me » Wed Apr 14, 2010 7:39 pm

ChiDJ wrote:I Like The Pussy
I like The Pussy Good
I hunt That Pussy
In My neighborhood

I Catch The Pussy
And Pet The Pussy Good
I make the pussy PURR....
Like a pussy Should.....
Song and lyrics by Tod Miner. Do I get a prize?

Rave

Post by Rave » Wed Apr 14, 2010 7:44 pm

starving student wrote:just curious

I like you but it aint the 'world' series, what the fook is the 2nd amendment?

TBH i don't care & no diss, just saying :)

peace

+1 for ChiDJ

beats me

Post by beats me » Wed Apr 14, 2010 8:13 pm

Rave wrote:, what the fook is the 2nd amendment?
The 2nd amendment is the right of every US citizen to own guns originally meant to be used in defense of our country. Since then it has been perverted into the right of every idiot to own a gun just for the fuck of it. Most hardliners on this have no legitimate reason or impending threat to justify owning guns but the law of the land just lets them slide on that technicality.