funky shit

Re: Groove Armada - Black Light

Post by funky shit » Tue Apr 20, 2010 7:55 pm

would like a 320 of this.
i actually cant afford anything.

nebulae

Post by nebulae » Tue Apr 20, 2010 8:06 pm

beats me wrote:From my experience brown people have a love for the 80's like no other. Maybe it's because music of the 80's sounds like music from the distant future compared to what's being released in their homeland.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

hilarious because it's so true
Image Image Image Image

LoopStationZebra

Post by LoopStationZebra » Tue Apr 20, 2010 8:12 pm

I have no idea what beats just said. None.
I came for the :lol:
But stayed for the :x

UKRuss

Post by UKRuss » Tue Apr 20, 2010 8:46 pm

Time and Space = Bowie 'Let's Dance' vs. Grace Jones 'Pull Up To The Bumper'

Some damn fine production in here though.

beats me

Post by beats me » Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:14 am

Just listened to the previews and holy crap does it sound like a collection of rare b-sides from the 80's.

Can't say if I like it yet or not but it's such a departure that I think they should have named the project something different similar to how the guys of Front Line Assembly/Delerium/Conjure One/Decree/Blackland/Noise Unit/Fauzliage do.

I respect everything they do but they were one of the first electronica artists that would piss me off when it would be advertised that Groove Armada was doing a show and then it would turn out to be the two dudes DJing and that is nowhere near the same thing.

Just saying some artists or the machine behind them are too scared to cast aside their name brand briefly with confidence in something different.

funky shit

Post by funky shit » Wed Apr 21, 2010 7:24 am

ever see them live?

leedsquietman

Post by leedsquietman » Wed Apr 21, 2010 8:04 am

From my experience brown people have a love for the 80's like no other.
My real life surname is Brown, although I look whiter than Robert Smith of the Cure even post makeup.

And yes ... I love the 80s. The most diverse and innovative decade of them all, with more technological advances in music than at any time past or present.

Of course, there was a lot of shite about in the 80s too but even the shite sounds good compared to new millenia shite.

* cue commercial break - all my 80s electronic synth sounding derivative music, produced in the last 4 years with Live is now available for free at bandcamp http://umbrielrising.bandcamp.com/ - minimal techno heads and tarnce freaks needn't trouble themselves ;) *
http://soundcloud.com/umbriel-rising http://www.myspace.com/leedsquietmandemos Live 7.0.18 SUITE, Cubase 5.5.2], Soundforge 9, Dell XPS M1530, 2.2 Ghz C2D, 4GB, Vista Ult SP2, legit plugins a plenty, Alesis IO14.

beats me

Post by beats me » Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:16 pm

funky shit wrote:ever see them live?
beats me wrote:Love their live show too, playing a lot of the music live with instruments as opposed to letting the computer do most of the heavy lifting, unlike....I dunno, just about everybody else who does dance electronica.

funky shit

Post by funky shit » Wed Apr 21, 2010 2:15 pm

hi im blind. 8)

nebulae

Post by nebulae » Wed Apr 21, 2010 2:19 pm

I'll be tuned into bandcamp later today! ;)
Image Image Image Image

jez3122

Post by jez3122 » Fri Apr 23, 2010 6:08 pm

I bought this after i saw this thread.....

and it's taken a couple of listens but i love it! cheers neb 8)

it's very 80's i agree........1 of the tracks reminds me of "small town boy" by Bronski beat.....and the female vocalist on a couple of them sounds alot like Florence and the machine

i was a massive fan of "love box".....and this is completely different but as good i think....

can't wait to catch them at Glastonbury 8)
Live 7.0.16, core 2 Quad 2.66ghz 4 gb ram,ESI U46SE,Vestax VCM-600, M-Audio Axiom 25,
evolution249c,Maudio Xpression pro, various guitars,Akai mpd16, NI intact,YamahaMSP3's,zoom323, a Ukulele and a Crate of Stella.

nebulae

Post by nebulae » Fri Apr 23, 2010 6:21 pm

^agreed, it's my fave album at the moment, getting multiple listens a day - the production and crafting of this record, right down to the 80s sounds, drums, and reverbs, is nothing short of genius. Meticulous genius.

Would love to hear this live - keep us posted on what you think of the show.
Image Image Image Image

plantaginate

Post by plantaginate » Fri Apr 23, 2010 6:52 pm

Without a word I shoved my thick hard 9 inches all the way to the balls in his tight, deep hole. Wayne moans, Whoa, Man. Thats what I been waiting for. Ride my hot ass you mother fucker! My hot cock was throbbing so hard when I rammed it in, I thought I would blow right then, so I pulled it all the way out, Wayne says, slam it back in and pull it all the way out, over and over. Yes baby! I said, take this! I shove it all the way in, Wayne tightens his hot hole around it and milks my hot thick cock while I slam it in and out of his hot tight hole, bang bang bang , over and over. I pound his slick hot fuckhole, and yell! take that! bitch. Slapping his ass hard, I ask, do you like that bitch? Do you? Do you want my cum? Bitch.! Yes! Wayne says. With his ass high in the air I short stroke him at a furious pace keeping my hard thick cockhead deep in his ass, Wayne thrusts back and forth on my cock meeting it hard slap slap slap slap his ass against my thighs with Wayne doing most of the work, screams . Harder! Deeper, you son of a bitch! Fuck my hot tight ass! . Driving my cock only few inches but keeping it in deep. wayne says, yes! Come on man, hit it! hit it hard.

No one has ever taken this 9 inch cock so deep and rough , man that ass is good, what a great fuck! My balls were hard, full and ready to explode, and the way he moved his unbelievable hot ass in a circular motion, man , I could hardly hold back my huge hot load. So preparing to cum, I flip Wayne over on his back without missing a stroke. As Wayne stokes his thick hard cock he reaches around his ass and grabs the base of my cock, guiding it as it slams jnto his hole he says, come on man, pound my fucking hole. So I grab his thighs and hook my arms under his knees. Wayne then grabs his ass and spreads his cheeks as wide as he can and says in a deep hot voice, drive that big fuckin cock daddy. hit it! Hit the bottom of it. I start banging his sweet ass deep again, slap slap slap, against his ass. Wayne you hot bitch I yell, what a great ass. Slap slap slap slap I furiously fuck his ass, my cock sometimes coming out a couple of inches from his hole before slamming back in. I cant believe the pounding he is taking, when Wayne says, Drive it! Drive that big black cock into my ass! Waynes ass is so good I can’t help but grunt as I drive my thick 9 inch cock all the way to the balls. Yes! Wayne yells , shoot your cum deep in my ass, and then in my mouth so I can taste it. Hearing that, was all I could take. O my god Wayne! I’m cumming! I yell with my overloaded sac and throbbing cock ready to blow. I’m gonna shoot it in your ass bitch! I say with 9 inches of meat balls deep in his ass, my first cum shot knocks the bottom out of his hole. Boom! wayne moans and I groan, as I pull out my cumming cock, the second huge load splashes on his face as his opened mouth engulfs my cock.

nebulae

Post by nebulae » Fri Apr 23, 2010 7:05 pm

Right. Excellent. Moving right along.
Image Image Image Image