Amazing show I played last night

Discuss anything related to audio or music production.
ethios4

Amazing show I played last night

Post by ethios4 » Sun Apr 25, 2010 4:03 pm

Played Norman Music Festival last night. Our crew, Oklahoma Electronic Music Consortium, set up a stage at the festival even though we weren't wanted and fucking rocked it! I have never had a crowd respond so positively to my original set before. People were freaking out screaming, jumping up on stage, begging for more. Damn, that was awesome! I actually underestimated the crowd this time and thought they would be finished after I bumped it up to brutal psytrance for a bit but they just wanted more! Wild. I'll post a set sometime soon. Damn that was very exciting and encouraging!

UKRuss

Re: Amazing show I played last night

Post by UKRuss » Sun Apr 25, 2010 7:38 pm

Is it wrong I find myself stimulated by your experience?

srsly, excellent mate, congrats. That's the evening that makes it all worthwhile (I imagine :oops: )

Nice one!! :D

did you record? post set up?

ChiDJ

Post by ChiDJ » Sun Apr 25, 2010 8:10 pm

ethios4 wrote:Played Norman Music Festival last night. Our crew, Oklahoma Electronic Music Consortium, set up a stage at the festival even though we weren't wanted and fucking rocked it! I have never had a crowd respond so positively to my original set before. People were freaking out screaming, jumping up on stage, begging for more. Damn, that was awesome! I actually underestimated the crowd this time and thought they would be finished after I bumped it up to brutal psytrance for a bit but they just wanted more! Wild. I'll post a set sometime soon. Damn that was very exciting and encouraging!

So Great to Hear!
Congrats Bro!
"Let you're body feel the sound! Let it cover you up and down!"

SubFunk

Post by SubFunk » Sun Apr 25, 2010 8:22 pm

congrats!,

that feeling of positive crowd response can be better then sex sometimes, and it is addictive.
*** Image GAFM ***

nebulae

Post by nebulae » Sun Apr 25, 2010 8:55 pm

That's awesome, bro, glad it was such a good gig. Let me know next time you're playing, and I'll drive up.

Cryptic UK

Post by Cryptic UK » Sun Apr 25, 2010 10:51 pm

Cowabunga dude!
Drums

liveISlife

Post by liveISlife » Mon Apr 26, 2010 12:28 am

Auwsum man, good to hear! I'm gladed you rocked hard last night because so did I over here. Except i was spectating and drunk off my ass and getting hit on by gay guys and...enjoying it...? 8)

nebulae

Post by nebulae » Mon Apr 26, 2010 12:30 am

There's nothing quite as uplifting as being hit on by the gays.

liveISlife

Post by liveISlife » Mon Apr 26, 2010 12:38 am

I know. It's just so...how do you say...GAY! :D No wonder they call them gays because there...well...GAY! HAYY

liveISlife

Post by liveISlife » Mon Apr 26, 2010 12:41 am

rly though, they're fun people. I think I have more fun partying with them than with girls. And then after you party with the gays all the girls think your gay and then they like you and then you get them drunk and DO THEM! AHAHAHAHAHA, I HAVE IT ALL FIGURED OUT!

nebulae

Post by nebulae » Mon Apr 26, 2010 12:42 am

liveISlife wrote:I HAVE IT ALL FIGURED OUT!
There's that minor issue of getting fucked up the ass, but I'm sure you've got a solution.

liveISlife

Post by liveISlife » Mon Apr 26, 2010 12:45 am

If I don't remember it, it never happen. hoe yeah

ethios4

Post by ethios4 » Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:53 am

Yea what a great feeling. I feel high as fuck all day today! :D

I did record it, I'll post soon. Man I wish I had a recording of the audience screams during the good parts....that was unreal and so very awesome.

Neb, if I had known it was going to be anything like that I would have invited you up for sure. Took all of us by surprise since we're all so accustomed to low turnout or police presence. I'm hoping for more like this. I think some of it had to do with it being a young crowd. They were open-minded and ready to party!

ethios4

Post by ethios4 » Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:55 am

It's been a real inspiration to me since I've decided to stop worry about what xyz record company might be interested in signing for a paltry amount of money. Fuck that. I've never been signed, and while I would love to be signed, it starts to really warp me if I care much about it at all. I've been writing for my scene the past several months, reenvisioning my role as a musician in my community. Last was a huge payoff for that.

nebulae

Post by nebulae » Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:56 am

yeah, with spring/summertime coming, should be a great party season - let me know, and I'll prep a set to warm them up for ya!

as for a label, honestly, you've just been enlightened!