am i the only one freaked out about the massive oil screwup?

Discuss anything related to audio or music production.
AceLuby

Re: am i the only one freaked out about the massive oil screwup?

Post by AceLuby » Wed Jun 16, 2010 8:48 pm

dhilsabeck wrote:BP to fund $20bn Gulf of Mexico oil spill payout

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/world/us_and ... 335114.stm

-----------------

That's great and all since people really like money BUT what about all the fucking oil that keeps on pouring into the ocean?

Scientists estimate that there's upwards of 2,500,000 gallons of oil seeping out daily. That's just short of 10,000,000 liters PER DAY!!!! But really, who knows the actual amount? It very well could be more.

That's hard to believe. Imagine just going to the beach and dumping out that much oil into the water. And repeat. For about 50 days and counting...

And that's not including the oil dispersants, more chemicals that cause the oil to sink onto the ocean floor so the media and public doesn't see it. The ocean floor provides food for something that is food for something that's food for something. It's very very sad (and obvious), but it appears the Gulf is some very serious environmental consequences and it may take years for people to fully understand the extent of the damage.

And still the scariest part of it all is it appears they still have NO IDEA how to stop the oil from pumping into the ocean. Their latest attempt is to apparently cap the well and channel the oil 5,000 feet from the ocean floor to the surface for BURNING. I'm no scientist but that just doesn't seem like a very good idea.

This whole situation is nothing short of disgusting.
Yep, sounds like a lot... until you find out that they were supposed to pay $50 billion for the spill in Alaska, kept it in courts for 35 YEARS and then settled for $500 million... except nobody really cared at that point. They could have paid their lawyers a BILLION per year and still not paid out the full amount they were supposed to. I have no doubt that BP will get out of paying the full amount and would be surprised if it ended up being a billion dollars in 2050... no joke.
levimoniz wrote:yes i'm a hypocrite and not intelligent