APPLE IS THE GREATEST COMPANY EVER.

Discuss anything related to audio or music production.
LoopStationZebra

APPLE IS THE GREATEST COMPANY EVER.

Post by LoopStationZebra » Fri May 14, 2010 8:22 pm

Greatest. Article. Ever.

About the Greatest. Company. Ever.

http://www.pragmaticmarketing.com/publi ... like_apple

Oh, and who put this list together? Who cares. They're right.
http://creativityandinnovation.blogspot ... world.html
I came for the :lol:
But stayed for the :x

LoopStationZebra

Re: APPLE IS THE GREATEST COMPANY EVER.

Post by LoopStationZebra » Fri May 14, 2010 8:22 pm

Some more waffles for all you haters:

http://www.cnbc.com/id/33072803/Kneale_ ... t_Retailer

LoopStationZebra

Post by LoopStationZebra » Fri May 14, 2010 8:23 pm

Who's Tom and Who's Brandchannel.com? Who cares. They're both right:

http://www.tomsguide.com/us/apple-micro ... s-889.html

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Fri May 14, 2010 8:29 pm

dude from the first link wrote:The designers at Apple are paid 50% more than their counterparts at other organizations. These designers aren’t working at Apple simply because they’re paid more. They stay at Apple because of the amazing things they get to do there. Rewards are about salary and benefits, but they are also about recognition and being able to do satisfying work that challenges the mind and allows the creative muscles to stretch. Part of this also comes down to ensuring your teams are passionate about innovation and dedicated to the focus of the organization. As Jobs says, he looks for people who are crazy about Apple. So you need to look closely at the people you are hiring and whether you have the right team in the first place.
If thats it, he should look no further than this forum.
LoopStationZebra wrote:it's like a hipster commie pinko manifesto. Rambling. Angry. Nearly divorced from all reality; yet strangely compelling with a ring of truth.

mikemc

Post by mikemc » Fri May 14, 2010 8:36 pm

H20nly wrote:
dude from the first link wrote:The designers at Apple are paid 50% more than their counterparts at other organizations. These designers aren’t working at Apple simply because they’re paid more. They stay at Apple because of the amazing things they get to do there. Rewards are about salary and benefits, but they are also about recognition and being able to do satisfying work that challenges the mind and allows the creative muscles to stretch. Part of this also comes down to ensuring your teams are passionate about innovation and dedicated to the focus of the organization. As Jobs says, he looks for people who are crazy about Apple. So you need to look closely at the people you are hiring and whether you have the right team in the first place.
beats should be a vice president. or seventh level cyberaesthete, tenth level probe master, assistant head shaman, or whatever.
UTENZIL a tool... of the muse.

LoopStationZebra

Post by LoopStationZebra » Fri May 14, 2010 8:42 pm

mikemc wrote:
H20nly wrote:
beats should be a vice president. or seventh level cyberaesthete, tenth level probe master, assistant head shaman, or whatever.
:lol:

I was thinking Supreme Potentate for beats.

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Fri May 14, 2010 8:48 pm

:D

with LSZ as Director of Fortuitous Levy Advertising for Stock Holders Performance Assurance Proposal Assimilations

or FLASH PAPA for short.
LoopStationZebra wrote:it's like a hipster commie pinko manifesto. Rambling. Angry. Nearly divorced from all reality; yet strangely compelling with a ring of truth.

beats me

Post by beats me » Fri May 14, 2010 8:48 pm

dude from the first link wrote: As Jobs says, he looks for people who are crazy about Apple.
While Microsoft just looks for people who hate Apple and love Halo.

LoopStationZebra

Post by LoopStationZebra » Fri May 14, 2010 8:49 pm

@H2O. Genius. GENIUS. You're on FIRE today.

LoopStationZebra

Post by LoopStationZebra » Fri May 14, 2010 8:49 pm

beats me wrote:
dude from the first link wrote: As Jobs says, he looks for people who are crazy about Apple.

SNAP! ANOTHER ONE ONFIRE TODAY!

LoopStationZebra

Post by LoopStationZebra » Fri May 14, 2010 8:50 pm

And to all you Apple haters who will be making an appearance in this thread. Fuck off in advance, of course. In fact, here's a nice opportunity for me to break out an animated GIF I just made:

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Fri May 14, 2010 8:57 pm

^ love it.

beats me wrote:
sounds like they get the same quality of employee to me. :|

moral of the story - insane people are crazy, but gamers have no life.

xristopher

Post by xristopher » Fri May 14, 2010 8:59 pm

I use Apple, but be realistic. How many people are in the type of positions that actually afford the kind of creative muscle stretching mentioned? No organization as large as Apple has that many people doing this kind of work.

Apple is a cool company, but a good company is another matter. Besides, it would be great to have more options. I use Apple because it is the best option out there (IMHO), not because it is some kind of perfect machine that fulfills some ideal of reality.

xris
:|
“Its rhythms were out of stride and seemingly arbitrary. It’s drummers; frozen faced introverts, dedicated to chaos.“ -Ralph Ellison

xri§—†ph€r the drummer

funky shit

Post by funky shit » Fri May 14, 2010 9:01 pm

tl;dr

beats me

Post by beats me » Fri May 14, 2010 9:07 pm

H20nly wrote:^ love it.

beats me wrote:
sounds like they get the same quality of employee to me. :|

moral of the story - insane people are crazy, but gamers have no life.
On a related note my cousin works for whatever the fuck company is behind Halo as a game tester. He's tested them all. Through his job as a game tester he's been able to buy a 2 story 5 bedroom house and support a wife who doesn't work and 3 kids. He says it's not as fun as it sounds, but seriously fuck off.