All times are UTC

Post subject: TomViolenz? Is he gone?
PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 2:38 pm 

:x

H20nly wrote:
saving the planet from being taken over by robots, of course!

Post subject: Re: TomViolenz? Is he gone?
PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 2:51 pm 

Well, I don't speak for Tom but I guess if you make people feel unwelcome and not liked, they will eventually leave

:evil:

live 9.1.2, OS mavericks, push, stray's script, MPD32/LD8, stc, access virus kc, but no elektron octatrack

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 3:07 pm 

re:dream wrote:
Well, if you beat a dead horse until it's nothing but pulp and people call you on it you will eventually make a lot of friends and feel really welcome..

:evil:

Fix de la Fix

H20nly wrote:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 3:24 pm 

Well, frame it any way you want it. You did ask 8)

live 9.1.2, OS mavericks, push, stray's script, MPD32/LD8, stc, access virus kc, but no elektron octatrack

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 4:36 pm 

I responded with a 'no-one asked' when he stated he wasn't vegan or something in the pic thread.
The reason I said that is because he wouldn't stop talking whilst knowing it's considered rude in that thread to constantly yap.
It was the equivalent of going 'shoosh' in a library but apparently it must've been translated as some absolute personal attack on a character which it wasn't. No reason to go pout in a corner.

If you want a recap: viewtopic.php?f=40&t=142730&start=15510

Last edited by shadx312 on Mon Apr 21, 2014 5:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 5:03 pm 

Hmm.

H20nly wrote:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 5:53 am 

shadx312 wrote:
I responded with a 'no-one asked' when he stated he wasn't vegan or something in the pic thread.
The reason I said that is because he wouldn't stop talking whilst knowing it's considered rude in that thread to constantly yap.
It was the equivalent of going 'shoosh' in a library but apparently it must've been translated as some absolute personal attack on a character which it wasn't. No reason to go pout in a corner.

If you want a recap: viewtopic.php?f=40&t=142730&start=15510

Nothing against the guy personally but not seeing his handle in every single thread actually makes me want to assist people more which is what I spend most my time at "work" doing anyway.

Shame he had so much to say but almost no real content to deliver.

Must have been a Bitwig rep (Fuckin Zing... I'm out o here before the lounge makes me crazy too).

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 6:17 am 

I don't know if he was banned or just left, but he was trolling me pretty hard and I did complain about it. It's not like I was the only one who said anything. I didn't want him banned, just to get off my ass.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 6:59 am 

Personally I found him incredibly helpful. I appreciated his support of the community Push mapping & he was enormously generous to me in supplying huge amounts of offline help wrt e.g. the Galbanum Waveforms.

I know he could be pedantic and unable to back down at times, but that happens to most people on the internet.

I hope he comes back some time.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 7:44 am 

Have a look at this thread:

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=203209&start=30

Not only are there at least 3 people asking Tom to just bow out and let be he starts going on a complete defensive rant at everyone no matter how polite they approach the subject posting post after post to boost his count which is not an isolated occurrence.

After being repeatedly asked to just leave it by others I chimed in with a single post in agreeance with others and offered my apologies to the thread OP for my off topic but on current subject post:

Quote:
Have to agree here too in regards to the increasingly spammy posting by Tom.

For the last 4 years most of the forum clogging users have been pushed to the lounge or off the forums. More take their place but it would be great if this was accepted by Tom as a "tone it down please" and not as a personal attack.

Not every thread and post needs your voice Tom. By all means if you can assist please do but if not, leave it to us that can. There really is no need to say "Well I don't own one but I personally think....."

Sorry to the OP and others interested more in the ACTUAL topic. Tom will be back to aggressively defend his position and make his point but I will respect the actual topic and leave on this post.

I believe I phrased that in the best possible way... I received this which I already knew I would because he is "that" type of guy:

Tom:
Quote:
No, I just tell you to get lost.
You have no freaking business to tell me what thread I post in or not.
And I think you are quite a dick for attempting to do so!

And nice that you classify me as clogging the forum, may I ask what your post here does then...

Again, taken the wrong way as I never told him anything but simply pointed out he was irritating multiple people in the same way. I did not bother to respond because I respect the OPs topic and I have nothing to defend. If he wants to lower his level to the point of slinging childish names then I have no interest in him or his personality. They come and go for a reason and will continue to do so.

Whether he is gone, banned, left, abducted or any otherwise the level of care I have wouldn't register on the most sensitive of care factor instruments, nor would it if he reappeared in any way shape or form under his current or future handles. It simply makes the forums a more cleaner and enjoyable read without seeing the same name in every thread knowing what the level will be.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:48 am 

* reads threads *

* headdesk *

He never did forget eyeknow for that comment, did he?

As we say in South Africa, eish....

The internet is a good place for needless aggro and the amplification of bad words.

I am sad that things went sour around Tom. I still think he was in general a positive contributor even though, as I said, he was not that good at backing down or letting go.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 11:49 am 

That thread was kinda funny. Almost makes me want to have kids :lol:

Welp, hypersensitive is as hypersensitive does. One can only hope one can sack up in general to handle the best things in life and the interwebzzz.

If you think of the forum as one big dysfunctional family, everyone has their place unless they get all Jim Jones on ya. And as dysunctional people go (and arteests), I think it's fair to give people a pass on the occasional meltdown once in awhile. Plus hopefully doing it online would help diffuse one IRL. Just don't yap in a gallery, sheesh.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2wQN2qGUQJ4

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 1:39 pm 

https://forum.ableton.com/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=202828

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 2:31 pm 

Exactly. Now Funken would have gone apeshit with that kind of teasing. While Tom kinda rolled with it. He did not even complain to the mods, AFAIK...

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 3:34 pm 

I hope Tom didn’t disappear. He can beat a point into the dirt but if you back off then he backs off. The problem is getting everybody to back off. But he doesn’t start a new thread just because he hasn’t been fucked with in the last 10 minutes.