All times are UTC

Post subject: USB mic only playable through mic's headphones
PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 8:22 am 

Model is AT(audio-technica)2020 cardioid condenser microphone.

I have ASIO and ASIO4ALL v2 setup and my mic set up in the hardware settings. When I recorded and tried to play back the audio from my laptop I wasn't getting any sound out. The model of microphone I have has a headphone jack and a headphone playback option so I tried listening through there and I can hear my recording. But how can I get it so I can hear my output from my computer, not my mic? I can change the output mode in Audacity and then hear my recordings, but I can't figure out how to do so in Ableton. I've tried changing playback option to my laptop's speakers in Control Panel and that didn't work. I also tried disabling the mic's "audio out" in the hardware settings.

Post subject: Re: USB mic only playable through mic's headphones
PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 10:17 am 

i'm not 100% sure but i think it is this :

it's something to do with your usb mic and the fact that it essentially has its own soundcard within it. using ASIO4ALL you can only use one soundcard and your computer has defaulted to that

i had the same issue a few years back when i was using a usb mic too, i managed to sort something out using jack audio and get both soundcards to work at the same time, but i found it quite tricky to sort out : http://www.jackaudio.org/

cheers