New desktop for Ableton Suite 11, advice please.

Discuss anything related to audio or music production.
Frank09

New desktop for Ableton Suite 11, advice please.

Post by Frank09 » Sat Jan 09, 2021 12:02 pm

Hello,

I realise there are probably a lot of similar topics in relation to this one but I don't see any recent topics like this so Ill start a new one. Apologies.

Anyway,

I currently use an Dell Vostro 1700 with Ableton Suite 8 and while it has been trusty thus far, it is becoming a bit arthritic, so I'm going to upgrade and would like some advice on what I should get, in terms of hardware and specs.

I have seen the requirements of Live 11 on the website but Id like some input into what I should buy to get to get the best out of Live 11, what software or hardware etc to get it running as smooth as possible.

Advice on system spec,, sound spec, etc

Basically the question is, if someone had to choose the idea desktop set up for Live 11, what would they get?

Live 8 on my current laptop is swimming at the deep end as i probably should have used an earlier version on it so I want to get a desktop that fits Live 11 perfectly.

I don't intend to spend ridiculous amounts of money as I dont intend to upgrade live for a number of years after this, unless there is some sort of spectacular advance and by then we will all be gigging regularly, hopefully.

Thanks for now.

[jur]
Site Admin

Re: New desktop for Ableton Suite 11, advice please.

Post by [jur] » Wed Jan 13, 2021 12:18 pm

Thread moved to The Lounge... where you'll find many similar topics. :wink:
Ableton Forum Moderator