iPad

Discuss anything related to audio or music production.
LoopStationZebra

iPad

Post by LoopStationZebra » Sat May 22, 2010 1:19 am

Report #1
May 21, 2010

First off, I'm not typing this first report on my iPad. I'm typing it on my Dell Precision 690. I love this fucking machine. It was one of the first boxes to offer (2) dual core Intels, and it still fucking rocks 4 years later. It's seen me through thick and thin, and is still going strong. I think I've only defragged twice in that time. Rockin. XP Pro is one of the finest OS's ever made. Period. Fucking rock solid. I'm going to be getting a new, dual octocore next month but I'm going to miss this machine.

Whoops! This is an iPad report. Blast! :x

I love my iPad. I do. The fucking thing rocks.

I didn't want to like it. At least not this much. But, like with my iPhone, the thing is a pleasure to use. When I first tried one at an Apple store, I walked away feeling rather 'meh'. I know what you're thinking. "You paid a lot of cash for it and thus you've convinced yourself that you like it." Maybe, but I had a gift card and that paid for nearly all of it. *shrug*

The iBooks app alone nearly makes the whole thing worth the purchase price. I've been reading on the thing like crazy, and it's a total pleasure. Adjusting brightness with a control at the top of the app is very handy. Bookmarks, dictionary, etc etc. All the standard stuff is here. Page flip is a gimmick, but a great one at that. I was totally ready to plunk down cash for a true eReader but just didn't take to the things at all. The super low contrast, and screens that seem to throw off LESS lumens than a regular printed page, were things that just pissed me off. They honest to God need a bit of backlighting. Ironic, I know. Plus, all of them that I tested out simply SUCKED (various Sony models, the Kindles, and the Barnes and Noble nook. Sluggish and bloated, they feel like something that would have been released at the time of the first Palm Pilots.

I ranted about it in the other thread, but the way iTunes (and thus the iPad) handles photos and movies is still total SHIT. SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT.

SHIT.

The only thing I can figure is that the Apple dev teams don't want to include the ability to create subfolders on their shit because "it's just so PC". Fuck them. Get on with it, you fucking douchebags. Don't call them subfolders. Or don't call them folders. Or whatever. Call them....I dunno...magic unicorn containers. Whatever. Fuck you.

There we go. My first report. I'll try to include both the good and the bad in each entry. Cause I know you girls expect nothing less! *smooch!*
Last edited by LoopStationZebra on Wed Mar 02, 2011 1:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I came for the :lol:
But stayed for the :x

beats me

Re: My New iPad: Daily Reports!

Post by beats me » Sat May 22, 2010 1:25 am

How do upscaled iPhone apps look on the iPad?

LoopStationZebra

Post by LoopStationZebra » Sat May 22, 2010 1:26 am

Report #2
May 21, 2010
5min later

Well that didn't take long, did it!

I must say this as well:

THE FUCKING LIVECONTROL APP THAT ST8 CREATED FOR THE IPAD IS ABSOLUTELY THE MOTHERFUCKING SHIT.

LoopStationZebra

Post by LoopStationZebra » Sat May 22, 2010 1:27 am

beats me wrote:How do upscaled iPhone apps look on the iPad?

Horrid. Truly horrid. But I'm very sensitive to even the slightest bit of pixelation.... :lol:

beats me

Post by beats me » Sat May 22, 2010 1:31 am

LoopStationZebra wrote:
beats me wrote:How do upscaled iPhone apps look on the iPad?

Horrid. Truly horrid. But I'm very sensitive to even the slightest bit of pixelation.... :lol:
Yeah, I figured with your work with computer images and video you might be a little ultra sensitive about this. I've heard the more graphics oriented apps look ok (more towards "meh" ok than "good enough" ok), but anything heavily text based is utter shit.

LoopStationZebra

Post by LoopStationZebra » Sat May 22, 2010 1:34 am

Yeah. Some of the GPS apps haven't been offered as iPad versions yet, but folks have said that they don't look half bad with the upscaling. Still makes me break out in hives.

Incidently, I'm seriously waiting for the iPad version of Navigon GPS . It's been one of the top rated iPhone GPS apps. Bit of a GPS freak, I am.

beats me

Post by beats me » Sat May 22, 2010 1:43 am

How's the 3g connection? I have a first gen iphone so it's supremely hobbled from things others have been enjoying for quite some time. Whenever I get text messages from people that includes a picture I always have to respond with "I can't view text pictures on my phone!!! STILL!!" I was recently told you can on the later gen iPhones and that was news to me. :x

john doe by choice

Post by john doe by choice » Sat May 22, 2010 3:08 am

Get a room, bitches

Rave

Post by Rave » Sat May 22, 2010 10:35 am

A daily dose is not enough, every hour please. I am insatiable

LoopStationZebra

Post by LoopStationZebra » Sat May 22, 2010 11:07 am

:!: :!: :!: :!:

smutek

Post by smutek » Sat May 22, 2010 1:57 pm

more reporting please

smutek

Post by smutek » Sat May 22, 2010 2:07 pm

What time for today's report?

SubFunk

Post by SubFunk » Sat May 22, 2010 2:13 pm

yep, like to hear more myself.
*** Image GAFM ***

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Sat May 22, 2010 2:17 pm

Any music apps you've used yet, iElectribe or something?

SHIT!
Tarekith
Ableton Forum Administrator
https://tarekith.com

shimmy

Post by shimmy » Sat May 22, 2010 2:46 pm

huh
Last edited by shimmy on Sat Jun 12, 2010 2:59 am, edited 1 time in total.