iPad

Discuss anything related to audio or music production.
martinkellogs

Re: My New iPad: Daily Reports!

Post by martinkellogs » Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:39 pm

beats me wrote:
martinkellogs wrote:i checked out the ipad at the store over the holidays.
i'm not at all impressed with it.

Details please.

This should be a hoot.
details....
the store was BEST BUY.
the holiday was CHRISTMAS.

beats me

Post by beats me » Wed Jan 05, 2011 10:07 pm

Is it possible to go to the iTunes store without getting blasted with Beatles imagery??!?! :x

BTW, Mac App store opens tomorrow….. Time for a new thread? YES.

stringtapper

Post by stringtapper » Wed Jan 05, 2011 10:09 pm

LoopStationZebra wrote:
stringtapper wrote::|

What's wrong, ST?

:?:
The Lounge, she's lost that lovin' feelin'. Even the Apple-hater trolls have stopped putting up a fight. All is lost I fear…
Unsound Designer

Digital_Damage

Post by Digital_Damage » Wed Jan 05, 2011 10:26 pm

beats me wrote:Is it possible to go to the iTunes store without getting blasted with Beatles imagery??!?! :x

That will be awesome, there will be no need for a search engine. since all the apps that run on a Mac will be able to be viewed on one page.

LoopStationZebra

Post by LoopStationZebra » Wed Jan 05, 2011 10:35 pm

stringtapper wrote: The Lounge, she's lost that lovin' feelin'. Even the Apple-hater trolls have stopped putting up a fight. All is lost I fear…

I know. Stamina is in such short supply these days.

Hmm. These two should get together! -> :| + :x
I came for the :lol:
But stayed for the :x

LoopStationZebra

Post by LoopStationZebra » Wed Jan 05, 2011 10:37 pm

beats me wrote:Is it possible to go to the iTunes store without getting blasted with Beatles imagery??!?! :x

Question still remains: Will all developers that make software for the Mac have to sell through the Mac store? As of now that's not the case, but there's trouble ahead if indeed it moves in that direction. Don't get me wrong: The Mac App Store is another example of Jobs' Pure Genius. But scary, nonetheless.

beats me

Post by beats me » Wed Jan 05, 2011 10:45 pm

LoopStationZebra wrote:

Question still remains: Will all developers that make software for the Mac have to sell through the Mac store? As of now that's not the case, but there's trouble ahead if indeed it moves in that direction. Don't get me wrong: The Mac App Store is another example of Jobs' Pure Genius. But scary, nonetheless.

I'm picturing it being all lower end applications, nothing like full blown Photoshop or anything like that. Really I'm expecting a bunch of crap I don't want or need or that is already covered by idevices.

And damnit, there better be a Mac App that let's you airplay to your computer!! In fact there better be no less than 2 dozen app options that let you do this and each more magical than the other! :x

sporkles

Post by sporkles » Wed Jan 05, 2011 10:46 pm

Loops AND Kellogs? I guess they'll let in just about anyone now.

No dum and Cperezzzzzzzzzz?

beats me

Post by beats me » Thu Jan 06, 2011 1:36 am

If you have xfinity (comcast) and have the iPad app which currently only lets you look at the TV guide, program your DVR remotely, and change channels on your TV by tapping on the show name on the iPad, in a couple weeks you will also be able to stream on demand content to your iPad :) soon to be followed by some live news and other shows :) and I predict within the year you'll be able to stream all live TV if you're a comcast subscriber :) ....possibly for an extra monthly fee :? but still :) overall.

Out of out full disclosure I'll also say they'll be making this available for the Android OS :x but rolling it out on the iPad first. :)

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Thu Jan 06, 2011 2:24 am

I actually hope all my apps get ported to the App Store. The fact that it collects and manages all updates in one place is great, well worth it for me.

LoopStationZebra

Post by LoopStationZebra » Thu Jan 06, 2011 2:38 am

I just looked at this thread's view count and it read 10101.

8O

martinkellogs

Post by martinkellogs » Thu Jan 06, 2011 2:45 am

if this thread had a NEWSLETTER, i would sign up for it no doubt.

LoopStationZebra

Post by LoopStationZebra » Thu Jan 06, 2011 1:33 pm

I never seem to let my iPad run until the battery is completely dry and has to shut off. I'm a bit of a compulsive charger. I wonder if my iPad appreciates this, or is a bit miffed because it wants to sometimes Ride The Tiger?

:|

martinkellogs

Post by martinkellogs » Thu Jan 06, 2011 1:39 pm

LoopStationZebra wrote:I never seem to let my iPad run until the battery is completely dry and has to shut off. I'm a bit of a compulsive charger. I wonder if my iPad appreciates this, or is a bit miffed because it wants to sometimes Ride The Tiger?

i have spoken privately with your battery and she says regardless if she is charged or not, you turn her off anyways,lol !!!

beats me

Post by beats me » Thu Jan 06, 2011 2:48 pm

LoopStationZebra wrote:I never seem to let my iPad run until the battery is completely dry and has to shut off. I'm a bit of a compulsive charger. I wonder if my iPad appreciates this, or is a bit miffed because it wants to sometimes Ride The Tiger?

I'm so into charging I'm considering getting a second charger for next to my bed so I don't have to always go to my music desk 12 feet away. I think the lowest I've let it go was 36% and I was totally horrified.

In other discussion I wish Apple would come up with a single universal gate for all the apps I have that have to somehow communicate with my computer. I think I have about a half dozen and each has it's own proprietary application that needs to be open. They're starting to clutter my shit up on both the dock and menu bar. It's gross.