iPad

Discussion of anything not related to audio or music production
beats me

Re: iPad

Post by beats me » Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:31 pm

My favorite Apple hater comment this week on an Apple speculation article on a general news site.

“Just another attempt by Apple to be relevant.”

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Apple is about the only tech company that is relevant. Everybody else is attempting to be relevant compared to Apple.

:x

db120

Post by db120 » Thu Apr 26, 2012 3:06 am

Tarekith wrote:No really noticing any difference either, other than the newer screen inthe apps that have retina support. Looks nicer, but feels like the same amount of power and useful battery. Boots faster though.

Honestly, if you are on the fence, the 2 is still a really powerful tablet. Sure the new display is nice, but it's also thicker and heavier too.
My iPad V1 would stop showing pics after about three pages of scrolling down in Tumblr due to RAM, has anyone had this problem with an iPad 2 on there? Tried the new iPad 3 in the store and it handled the site, but I don't necessarily need the power of the new one, especially if it work fine on graphic heavy site like Tumblr.

beats me

Post by beats me » Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:07 am

db120 wrote:
Tarekith wrote:No really noticing any difference either, other than the newer screen inthe apps that have retina support. Looks nicer, but feels like the same amount of power and useful battery. Boots faster though.

Honestly, if you are on the fence, the 2 is still a really powerful tablet. Sure the new display is nice, but it's also thicker and heavier too.
My iPad V1 would stop showing pics after about three pages of scrolling down in Tumblr due to RAM, has anyone had this problem with an iPad 2 on there? Tried the new iPad 3 in the store and it handled the site, but I don't necessarily need the power of the new one, especially if it work fine on graphic heavy site like Tumblr.

If you can afford it it's always best to get the latest model because although the 2 may not choke now, it certainly will before the new iPad does.

beats me

Post by beats me » Fri May 04, 2012 2:10 am

Now there's rumors Apple may be starting their own cell phone carrier service. 8O Unless it's a satellite phone I don't know who the fuck is going to rent their cell towers to Apple since it's all in fashion right now to try to stick it to Apple. :x

ffs.

pants.

Last edited by beats me on Fri May 04, 2012 2:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

beats me

Post by beats me » Fri May 04, 2012 2:16 am

In other news Apple and Samsung were in a CA court this week to try to settle their differences. The judge straight up told their lawyers to whittle down the amount of their patent and design grievances because it would be considered cruel and unusual treatment for a jury to have to sit through them all. :lol:

simpleton

Post by simpleton » Fri May 04, 2012 2:21 am

beats me wrote::x

Now there's rumors Apple may be starting their own cell phone carrier service. 8O Unless it's a satellite phone I don't know who the fuck is going to rent their cell towers to Apple since it's all in fashion right now to try to stick it to Apple. :x
Fuck Apple...

Sent from my iPad
The Leveller wrote:Wow, a weird shaped dead coral with sh!t stuck to it. Proof indeed of supernatural abilities.

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Fri May 04, 2012 4:29 am

has it happened yet?

i haven't seen any news about the big event.

when is everyone finally going to have all the same shit?

beats me

Post by beats me » Fri May 04, 2012 4:06 pm

H20nly wrote:has it happened yet?

i haven't seen any news about the big event.

when is everyone finally going to have all the same shit?
Maybe you should just focus on your own efforts to do the right thing. :x

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Fri May 04, 2012 4:19 pm

by "right thing" you mean 'same thing' right?

pulsoc

Post by pulsoc » Fri May 04, 2012 5:57 pm

beats me wrote: You have to manually close each app…..one at a friggen time which is really annoying. I hope Apple introduces a kill all switch in the future. :x
This is so desperately needed.

beats me

Post by beats me » Sat May 05, 2012 5:58 pm

Jobs' keynote introducing the first iPhone.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... uW-E496FXg

Classic comfort movie for a lazy weekend. :)

Love the part where he included "patented" as a key feature, especially knowing what we know today.

Komodovaran

Post by Komodovaran » Sun May 06, 2012 2:13 pm

beats me wrote:Jobs' keynote introducing the first iPhone.

Love the part where he included "patented" as a key feature, especially knowing what we know today.

I was watching that just now, randomly, and I hadn't even visited this board for a long time, let alone read your post.

Great minds think alike. :x

Or should I say iLike? :x :x :x

beats me

Post by beats me » Mon May 07, 2012 1:16 am

Komodovaran wrote:
beats me wrote:Jobs' keynote introducing the first iPhone.

I was watching that just now, randomly, and I hadn't even visited this board for a long time, let alone read your post.

Great minds think alike. :x

Or should I say iLike? :x :x :x

i :x

I've used Apple products for a long time but at the release of the first iPhone I wasn't the fanboy I am now. Like most people I was "Really? A phone? Why?" I didn't even watch that keynote.

Kind of weird putting myself in that mindset now after cell phones have become all-consuming as well as anything touch screen, which Apple didn't invent, but they sure as fuck made it standard issue.

LoopStationZebra

Post by LoopStationZebra » Mon May 07, 2012 3:38 pm

Propellerhead CEO Ernst Nathorst-Böös On Why They Don’t Make Figure For Android

http://www.synthtopia.com/content/2012/ ... more-40150

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I came for the :lol:
But stayed for the :x

beats me

Post by beats me » Mon May 07, 2012 4:57 pm

I've seen some new synth apps popping up lately. They're getting rave reviews but since I don't really use the ones I already have I didn't bite, but the main reason I really didn't bite was because they are in the $15 - $30 range. :x Seems a little greedy and a bit out of touch with the market. I'd be curious to see their purchase count.