iPad

Discuss anything related to audio or music production.
beats me

Re: iPad

Post by beats me » Tue Sep 17, 2013 4:56 pm

As far as controllers there is also the Lemur app which as far as I know is every bit as functional as the original Lemur and they continue to improve it. It's just a little pricey as far as iOS apps go.

Audiobus is helping to use the synth and drum apps within the DAW apps but it’s just audio. I won’t be excited until you can also implement MIDI.

beats me

Post by beats me » Tue Sep 17, 2013 5:25 pm

So now the big joke is Apple announcing 64 bit in their new iPhones and as far as desktops you need at least 4 gigs of RAM to take advantage of that and iPhones only have 1 gig. Either Apple knows something we don’t (likely) or they are doing a bit of future proofing (also likely). 64 bit wasn’t a feature anybody was expecting or asking for and Apple doesn’t just upgrade specs to look impressive like every other manufacturer.

trevox

Post by trevox » Tue Sep 17, 2013 5:28 pm

The Lemur app is pretty much the same price as Mira. I will always use Max as a kind of hub to interface with my controllers, so that's why I went for it. It is still in it's infancy, but the fact it just recognises any open version of Max on the same network and communicates natively with no OSC or Midi messages to worry about is amazing. Instant communication and as many tabs as you want! They could do with including more objects that are Mira compatible - menus for a start - but I am sure that will come in time.

beats me

Post by beats me » Tue Sep 17, 2013 5:34 pm

Hm. Apple is hiring genre experts to help with iTunes Radio programming as opposed to just algorithms and crowd sourcing that similar services use.

I still think one of the flaws is the music has to also be available on iTunes. Although not a huge amount, Pandora plays songs that aren’t available on iTunes…or for purchase anywhere for that matter.

:x

beats me

Post by beats me » Tue Sep 17, 2013 5:40 pm

trevox wrote:The Lemur app is pretty much the same price as Mira. I will always use Max as a kind of hub to interface with my controllers, so that's why I went for it. It is still in it's infancy, but the fact it just recognises any open version of Max on the same network and communicates natively with no OSC or Midi messages to worry about is amazing. Instant communication and as many tabs as you want! They could do with including more objects that are Mira compatible - menus for a start - but I am sure that will come in time.

So on one level Mira is more plug-n-play but on another its more deep level programming?

dhilsabeck

Post by dhilsabeck » Tue Sep 17, 2013 7:37 pm

Hi trevox,

I like using loopy hd for recording on the fly. Pretty straight forward. Ymmv.

beats me

Post by beats me » Tue Sep 17, 2013 7:47 pm

csuke

Post by csuke » Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:11 pm

:-)
Last edited by csuke on Wed Oct 16, 2013 7:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

beats me

Post by beats me » Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:21 pm

csuke wrote: I hope he is not using Apple Maps.
:lol:

This picture will of course make Apple’s stock drop more. While increasing the stock price of defense industry companies. :x

trevox

Post by trevox » Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:42 pm

beats me wrote:So on one level Mira is more plug-n-play but on another its more deep level programming?
In one way yes as you have to have programmed Max in the first place! On the other hand, you don't need to do any additional programming - you simply move a pane over the controls you want to see on the iPad and voila. As you move the pane around in Max, you see everything in real time move on the iPad. Even if you resize the pane, the controls size scales up/down automatically. There a 10 finger polyphonic touch panel included too, though have yet to explore it.

beats me

Post by beats me » Wed Sep 18, 2013 9:36 pm

Sorry for the delay on this....

IOS 7 IS OFFICIALLY AVAILABLE, BITCHES!!

But I'm not going to be one of the millions of asshats who are downloading right now and complaining about the download speed. Ass. Hats.

regretfullySaid

Post by regretfullySaid » Wed Sep 18, 2013 9:47 pm

You could probably download it from one of the jailbreaking s/w sites and faster than when Apple isn't getting hammered.

Just came across this: http://www.hongkiat.com/blog/ios-7-tips ... -features/
ImageImage

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Wed Sep 18, 2013 10:25 pm

:lol: second bullet under Siri Improvements and I...
Integrated Wikipedia, Twitter search, and Bing web search results

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Wed Sep 18, 2013 10:28 pm

and this one just pisses me off...
Turning off Find My iPhone, erasing your device, reactivation, and signing out of iCloud requires your
Apple ID password
:x motherfuckers!

you don't need to wait for an OS update for that shit!! that could have got me my phone back last month!! :x

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Thu Sep 19, 2013 2:58 am

Personally I love Auria, it's a really fun DAW to use for me. Feed it anything you want via Audiobus, record and edit it later. The one thing I like about the iPad Audiobus way of working, is that it makes you focus 100% on the app you're actually manipulating. So even though you might be just using a simple app like Bebot, the whole time you're jamming and messing around you can be recording it in the background in Auria.

Other favorites here are Sunrizer, Alchemy mobile, Thor, Animoog, DM1. Really digging iKaossilator and Figure on the iPhone, iPad versions are ok too.
Tarekith
Ableton Forum Administrator
https://tarekith.com