iPad

Discuss anything related to audio or music production.
LoopStationZebra

Re: iPad

Post by LoopStationZebra » Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:40 pm

beats, I'm rockin the following:

iPhone5s
Just bought it last week - replacing my now ancient iPhone4. It's such a giant leap forward that I'm still grappling with the magnificence.
TouchID is the best addition ever, really.

iPad2
Yup, still stuck on the 2. I was going to get an iPad Air but refuse to do so until they incorporate TouchID. I'm such it's in the next version.

iPad Mini - 1st Gen
Wonderful. Simply wonderful. It's become my new Go To reading device. iPad Mini also needs TouchID before I upgrade.

MacBook 2007
It begs and screams to be let go or put down, but I tell it to put the lotion in the basket and STFU.

AppleTV
1x 720p
2x 1080p
I mean, FFS. The AppleTV is still just so fucking great. I'm going to buy 2 more and just hook them up to old monitors I've got around...Because mirroring anytime anyplace, especially with the Olympics app, is just bitchin cool.

iOS7. You know...not exactly part of my arsenel both certainly worth a mention.
I love iOS7. Love it. Loved it from the very beginning. Control Center with a flashlight button? Steve would have been proud. ffs.

:x
I came for the :lol:
But stayed for the :x

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:44 pm

LoopStationZebra wrote:iOS7. You know...not exactly part of my arsenel both certainly worth a mention.
I love iOS7. Love it. Loved it from the very beginning. Control Center with a flashlight button? Steve would have been proud. ffs.
and timestamps on texts... at last. ffs!

LoopStationZebra

Post by LoopStationZebra » Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:45 pm

beats me wrote:http://valleywag.gawker.com/apple-sound ... 1520812217

Not fun times working at Apple. :x

meh.

Pampered whiny asshole...like so many 20-somethings in the Western workforce these days...

This is why Chinese labour is so much better. No bitching and moaning.

LoopStationZebra

Post by LoopStationZebra » Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:45 pm

H20nly wrote:
LoopStationZebra wrote:iOS7. You know...not exactly part of my arsenel both certainly worth a mention.
and timestamps on texts... at last. ffs!

:x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x

LoopStationZebra

Post by LoopStationZebra » Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:46 pm

The NBC Olympics app is really well done this time around. I can pick my event, set notices, watch live or full replay.

The commercials are fucking excessive but streaming the HD quality to one of my 3 AppleTVs is nothing short of FAN FUCKING TASTIC.

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Wed Feb 12, 2014 12:22 am

i will try this Olympic streaming event on my Apple TV tonight.

in the meantime, please tell me about the Red Bull app i saw last night before watching The Walking Dead. shit, shite, or aight? what purpose does it serve?

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Wed Feb 12, 2014 12:39 am

It's my favorite thing about Apple TV now, tons of cool x sports videos.

beats me

Post by beats me » Wed Feb 12, 2014 5:06 pm

iOS 7. New features :) Visually :x I don’t care about the app icon changes, but the different weighted blue text on a stark white background all over the place is SHIT. It looks lazy and unfinished.

LoopStationZebra

Post by LoopStationZebra » Wed Feb 12, 2014 5:22 pm

The calender is taking some getting used to, that's for sure.

beats me

Post by beats me » Wed Feb 12, 2014 5:24 pm

LoopStationZebra wrote:
beats me wrote:http://valleywag.gawker.com/apple-sound ... 1520812217

Not fun times working at Apple. :x

meh.

Pampered whiny asshole...like so many 20-somethings in the Western workforce these days...

This is why Chinese labour is so much better. No bitching and moaning.

But I can picture many a corner window office at Apple occupied by middle management whose big take away from Jobs’ legacy is to ridicule employees into perfection while also having no clue what that perfection should be. So they’ll just start with ridicule and hope it will sort itself out.

LoopStationZebra

Post by LoopStationZebra » Wed Feb 12, 2014 6:38 pm

:lol:

Totally.

Actually, I'm sure the climate at Apple is probably bizarre after Jobs...but then again, it was absolutely never a rosy and touchy/feely place to work. The culture has always been brutal and, like Navy Seals training, it's meant to cull the weak rather quickly. This is how The Lord intended it to be...

beats me

Post by beats me » Wed Feb 12, 2014 6:57 pm

LoopStationZebra wrote::lol:

Totally.

Actually, I'm sure the climate at Apple is probably bizarre after Jobs...but then again, it was absolutely never a rosy and touchy/feely place to work. The culture has always been brutal and, like Navy Seals training, it's meant to cull the weak rather quickly. This is how The Lord intended it to be...

I think proof of internal Jobs worship/fear is when he was at the helm Apple repeatedly made the top numbers of great places to work as decided by company employees. It’s safe to say the culture hasn’t changed much since he died but ranking on that list has plummeted since. Great culture under Jobs. Shit culture under anybody else.

My main aversion to even attempting to get a Silicon Valley tech job is I think anything over a 40-45 hour work week is obnoxious. Tech companies think anything under 60 is for lazy slackers. There are countries in Europe who think even up to 40 hours a week is an outrageous soul sucking expectation. :x

Secondly I like a start time of 7 AM, earlier if a company would let me. For tech jobs you’re just arriving at the gym at 7 AM before you even go to work. Fuck that! :x

Samuel L. Jizzle

Post by Samuel L. Jizzle » Wed Feb 12, 2014 7:10 pm

And look how well France is doing! When your philosophy drives you to extinction, yours is hardly an enviable situation.

LoopStationZebra

Post by LoopStationZebra » Wed Feb 12, 2014 7:43 pm

Meanwhile, white collar workers in Asian countries continue to not think about work/life balance. Rather, work IS life.

See them continue to dominate the market whilst workers in the Western World insist on skateboard privileges in the office, and bitch when they can't bring their fucking dogs to work.

:lol:

8O

Post by 8O » Wed Feb 12, 2014 7:49 pm

Nice to have you back Loops! :D