iPad

Discuss anything related to audio or music production.
beats me

Re: iPad

Post by beats me » Thu Jan 08, 2015 1:19 am

shadx312 wrote:Yeah but how many free songs or space do you get with Match and how much with iCloud (5gb?) meh
though I suppose you don't experience as many crashes as beats?
As long as the song is available on iTunes it doesn't count against your iCloud storage space. That covers 99% of my music. You don't have to buy it from iTunes either. You could buy it from Amazon or rip it from CD. As long as iTunes also sells it, it doesn't count against your drive space.

The crashes I am (currently) complaining about it is when I am using something like Pandora or Songza and hit the buy button in those apps it then opens the iTunes app and that sometimes crashes. None of that process stops the streaming app from streaming music though. I just can't buy that song at that time. :x

regretfullySaid

Post by regretfullySaid » Thu Jan 08, 2015 1:31 am

Well then
ImageImage

beats me

Post by beats me » Thu Jan 08, 2015 2:08 am

I just checked. My music library is 109 GB and I still somehow have 2 GBs left out of my free 5 GB iCloud storage, and most of what is taking up space is pictures and app data. All my music is still accessible from the cloud (when it works). :x

stringtapper

Post by stringtapper » Thu Jan 08, 2015 2:59 am

shadx312 wrote:Yeah but how many free songs or space do you get with Match and how much with iCloud (5gb?) meh
though I suppose you don't experience as many crashes as beats?
I pay $4 per month for the iCloud Drive plan that gives me 200GB of storage.
Unsound Designer

regretfullySaid

Post by regretfullySaid » Thu Jan 08, 2015 4:24 am

That is cool.
ImageImage

beats me

Post by beats me » Thu Jan 08, 2015 3:00 pm

I pay $10 a month to Dropbox for 1 TB of storage. That shit is more universal. With iCloud I have no idea how to utilize it on computers that aren't mine, or if its a PC, or how I would share files and folders with other people.

:x

stringtapper

Post by stringtapper » Thu Jan 08, 2015 3:56 pm

beats me wrote:I pay $10 a month to Dropbox for 1 TB of storage. That shit is more universal. With iCloud I have no idea how to utilize it on computers that aren't mine, or if its a PC, or how I would share files and folders with other people.

You don't. It's not really the same as Dropbox or Google Drive. It's really about being able to sync files between your own devices. It would be nice if they would make it more like that but I just use Google Drive for sharing. 15GB for free.
Unsound Designer

beats me

Post by beats me » Thu Jan 08, 2015 4:18 pm

The main thing I use Dropbox for is backing up my song sets and sharing them with my roommate and the occasional PDF to access on my iPad.

For similar reasons I don’t use Apple’s proprietary complex password generator. Other than at work I couldn’t tell you the last time I needed to access a password site with another computer or portable device that isn’t mine but I don’t want to be in that situation and am screwed because it’s all tied to Apple’s cloud and my Apple ID.

I'm not ultra paranoid about Google but I also don't want to store any of my files with them. They are too "It's free so we can do what we want at any time".

FREE is going to be the downfall of the internet and Silicon Valley startups. Read a recent article about what a money pit Twitter is. For every $1 of the hundreds of millions they've been funded with they spend about $1.50. When the mighty fall the countless smaller companies are going to get crushed with them. If they attempted to charge their users just $1 a month for access their users collectively would go "Fuck that!" And when they start piling on the adds users jet too.

LoopStationZebra

Post by LoopStationZebra » Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:57 pm

I've been tempted to get Match, but I just fucking know that Apple will fuck up the numerous bootleg recordings in my collection and it will be a disaster of EPIC proportions.

I came for the :lol:
But stayed for the :x

beats me

Post by beats me » Thu Jan 08, 2015 8:38 pm

LoopStationZebra wrote:I've been tempted to get Match, but I just fucking know that Apple will fuck up the numerous bootleg recordings in my collection and it will be a disaster of EPIC proportions.

Or you can be like my roommate who refuses to give Apple $25 a year for Match based on I don’t fucking know and lose your entire music library. Twice. Nope, losing it once still wasn’t enough for him to part with $25. :x

But the second time did inspire him to give $100 to Western Digital for an external drive to use for a Time Machine backup. :x

FFS.

stringtapper

Post by stringtapper » Thu Jan 08, 2015 8:56 pm

LoopStationZebra wrote:numerous bootleg recordings

Share the love bro.

Unsound Designer

ohigetbywithalittlehelpfrommyfriends

Post by ohigetbywithalittlehelpfrommyfriends » Thu Jan 08, 2015 9:02 pm

Last edited by ohigetbywithalittlehelpfrommyfriends on Mon Jan 12, 2015 3:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

beats me

Post by beats me » Fri Jan 09, 2015 4:14 pm

Just discovered I can have the pictures I take with my iPhone automatically and instantly uploaded to Dropbox for backup. Neat. That’s great news considering I recently discovered all the pictures I had on my iPhone from 2007 to 2013 disappeared. And I don’t know WTF is up with Apple’s backup method but it deletes pictures off the cloud after 30 days whether you are out of storage space or not, and I don't think there is any way to change that. It's like Snapchat for people in a coma. :x

Post by ohigetbywithalittlehelpfrommyfriends » Fri Jan 09, 2015 4:21 pm

Last edited by ohigetbywithalittlehelpfrommyfriends on Mon Jan 12, 2015 3:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post by ohigetbywithalittlehelpfrommyfriends » Fri Jan 09, 2015 4:24 pm

Last edited by ohigetbywithalittlehelpfrommyfriends on Mon Jan 12, 2015 3:23 am, edited 1 time in total.