iPad

Discuss anything related to audio or music production.
yur2die4

Re: iPad

Post by yur2die4 » Thu Jun 30, 2016 8:07 pm

As long as Apple doesn't feel obliged to share your 'U2 Concert video' with every single iTunes user by having it magically pop up on all our devices.

If it's footage of adorable baby animals, I won't mind.

beats me

Post by beats me » Fri Jul 01, 2016 12:27 am

Rumored Apple is interested in buying Jay-Z’s Tidal streaming service. WTF? That’s like a mercy killing with a golden parachute for Jay-Z. Just an odd acquisition. Seems like Apple has gotten used to rock stars meandering around their campus and want to add more. Between them and Netflix its like they are slowly moving the entertainment industry to NorCal. That should be great for the cost of living. :x

mrdelurk

Post by mrdelurk » Fri Jul 01, 2016 9:59 am

Angstrom wrote: [*]She starts to cry.
[*]7 hours have passed
Yep, seems par for the course.
The $19 MPEG player I got at OfficeMax ? Plug it into USB, drag file/s - transfer done in 30 seconds.

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Mon Jul 04, 2016 4:54 pm

mrdelurk wrote:
Angstrom wrote: [*]She starts to cry.
[*]7 hours have passed
Yep, seems par for the course.
The $19 MPEG player I got at OfficeMax ? Plug it into USB, drag file/s - transfer done in 30 seconds.
Yeah, but that's the way it's done in Windows... it's way too simple to be innovative.

beats me

Post by beats me » Wed Jul 06, 2016 2:59 pm

I’m considering getting the plus version of the next iPhone. :oops: Apple always tosses something in other than just a larger screen to entice buyers. I think the 6 Plus has a superior camera and landscape app viewing that isn’t available on the 6. Also it’s rumored only the 7 Plus will have a 256 GB drive option which I’m going to want when I switch to using it as an iPod when my iPod Classic inevitably dies.

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Wed Jul 13, 2016 7:37 pm

i'm gonna put this question here as it seems to be the best place to get an answer from people that i know know what's up... and most likely has the best chance of being answered here.

what is the deal with the Podcasts app?

i've been listening to The Dollop Podcast (thank you beats!) and if i'm listening to an episode in the car and then the app is pushed back, we'll say because i listen to music for a bit, when the Music app is closed the Podcast app will fire itself up again and deliver audio to my stereo via Bluetooth the next time i get in the car. sounds great in theory. thing is, when it does... it goes to the next episode. i have probably listened to half of half the episodes half way through because i'm usually driving while trying to figure out WTF is going on. it's too hard trying to find the last episode i was listening to while i'm rolling 80 mph down the highway or in stop and go traffic in town. i want to listen to all the episodes all the way through all the time.

is the Podcast app always this stupid or is it just with The Dollop?

i'm not certain because it's the only Podcast i know of that i want to listen to... and the testing to figure it out would take days of listening to something i don't want to listen to.
having said that; i'm open to suggestions for other Podcasts...

steko

Post by steko » Wed Jul 13, 2016 10:11 pm

Rahad Jackson wrote:My Awesome Mix Tape #6

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Mon Jul 18, 2016 2:14 pm

interesting link, as always. thank you steko.

seems a shame that the way to address the issue is to use a third party app; at this point though, I'm not sure why I find that surprising. Apple seem hell bent on building in features that aren't features at all.

beats me

Post by beats me » Mon Jul 18, 2016 3:00 pm

I have different problems with podcasts but I’m listening on an iPod Classic wired to my care stereo’s touch screen. Alternative app not an option on an iPod Classics.

Not so much a problem as just weird, but whenever I plug my iPod into my stereo after syncing it to my iMac it always starts playing the same episode of the same podcast even if I wasn’t listening to it or a podcast before I synced. For about a year it would always play the Jewish American Nazi episode of The Dollop. Then recently it now always starts on the same episode of my roommate’s DJ podcast.

Also if I’m listening to an episode of WTF or Real Time if I get out of my car when I get back in it plays at double speed. The only way to get it to play normal speed is to play a song and then go back to the podcast. Super annoying if I am running a bunch of errands and getting in and out of my care a lot. It only happens on those podcasts. Fun fact: Bill Maher’s opening monologue is a lot funnier when played at double speed. :)

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Tue Jul 19, 2016 10:39 pm

I'm at Best Buy buying a MacBook Pro.

I currently have the iPhone, Apple TV, iMac

The circle is complete :x

steko

Post by steko » Tue Jul 19, 2016 11:04 pm

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Tue Jul 19, 2016 11:06 pm

:x

dammit!

needed it for work, today

steko

Post by steko » Tue Jul 19, 2016 11:25 pm

Couldn't post earlier - just came back from the lake - was only 25 minutes after your post...

Congrats anyway - who fukn knows, maybe takes them another half year or more... 8)

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Tue Jul 19, 2016 11:35 pm

very true. it's got a 256 GB SSD though, so at least the performance is already through the roof. 8)

why did you come back? :P

steko

Post by steko » Wed Jul 20, 2016 12:06 am

Dunno - to check the fukn Ablertron forum? :roll:

"Whoa, I really better drive home now & check what H20kie & the other dudes are doing on the interwebz!!!"

BTW: NEXT GENERATION MBPs WILL COMPLETELY SUCK!!!

LEMONS!!! :x :lol: 8)