iPad

Discuss anything related to audio or music production.
beats me

Re: iPad

Post by beats me » Thu Nov 03, 2016 1:26 pm

Good lord. On Macrumors I posted a response to an article about Apple claiming they have record breaking online preorders for the new MBPs.
That is a Trump level lie. Everybody hates the new MBPs. I read it on the internet. What I really need now is a 28” touch screen slab that is totally comparable to a laptop. I didn’t know I needed that until I read it on the internet.
Despite getting 25 up votes the mods deleted it because I said Trump. I think my post would even get a pass from [jur] on here. But in their defense they do have a forum specifically for politics, religion, and social issues. You really need to step back when you go in there though because you forget it’s a focused forum and start thinking everybody in the world is a highly charged political maniac. There are no lighthearted topics to break up the insanity level.

beats me

Post by beats me » Tue Nov 15, 2016 5:09 pm

I can’t believe I’m actually pondering getting Apple’s Airpods if they actually ever release them. Most of my earphone listening while moving around is podcasts so overall sound quality isn’t that big of a concern. Convenience and not dealing with wires is. They are expensive but from what I’ve seen still cheaper than similarly designed competitor earphones and with a longer battery life. :x

BoddAH

Post by BoddAH » Wed Nov 16, 2016 11:32 am

beats me wrote:I can’t believe I’m actually pondering getting Apple’s Airpods if they actually ever release them. Most of my earphone listening while moving around is podcasts so overall sound quality isn’t that big of a concern. Convenience and not dealing with wires is. They are expensive but from what I’ve seen still cheaper than similarly designed competitor earphones and with a longer battery life. :x
Let’s see. :roll:

Standard EarPods (with small cord that you can easily tuck away in your shirt):
  • Cheap and trivial to replace;
    Included remote;
    No latency;
    No batteries, no charging, unlimited playtime, no charging cradle/station/cable/whatever to carry around all the time;
    Extremely light;
    Can’t lose or even drop while wearing, etc.
Apple AirPods:
  • Fucking expensive for subpar audio quality;
    Awkward controls directly on AirPod, lacks many features of the standard EarPod remote;
    Inherent Bluetooth latency and audio quality degradation (even IF it works 100% reliably and perfectly at all times which Bluetooth never has until now);
    Short battery life, charging required, charging box has to be carried everywhere and must be charged itself as well;
    Heavier than EarPods due to batteries;
    (probably) easy to knock out of your ear and damage or lose as a result depending on where it happens.
Yeah I think I’ll pass on these for now. :lol:

Angstrom

Post by Angstrom » Wed Nov 16, 2016 12:55 pm

How I imagine life with airpods
  • DAY 1- these airpods are pretty sweet, I'm gonna wear them today, and after use, carefully put them in this pouch and seal it tightly, and put it in my special pocket, and button it closed.
  • DAY 2 - open pouch, there's one airpod in there, WTF !!! Just the Left, the right is missing. Search bag 18 times, then the entire house and garden, accuse everybody. Dismantle house, accuse everybody some more. Rage at the moon. Proud owner of ONE airpod.
  • DAY 3 - sulk. search a bit more. sulk some more
  • DAY 4 - go and buy airpods from Apple store, wear them around town and try to forget your pain. At the end of the day seal them in a safe, inside another safe.
  • DAY 5 - open the old airpod bag and take out Leftie, the lone airpod, wonder where to keep it, in case you lose it. Put it somewhere really secure.
  • DAY 6 - go out wearing your new airbuds, you jog across a road and one drops out. You spend 7 hours searching that crossing for the dropped airbud. It's embedded in a truck tire 300 miles away.
  • DAY 6 - spend an entire day looking for that safe and secure place you stashed the other lone airbud.
  • DAY 8 - You find it. And ... you now have two left Airbuds.
  • DAY 9 - you throw them both away in disgust
  • DAY 10 - find the first airbud you lost

beats me

Post by beats me » Wed Nov 16, 2016 3:44 pm

Angstrom wrote:How I imagine life with airpods
  • DAY 1- these airpods are pretty sweet, I'm gonna wear them today, and after use, carefully put them in this pouch and seal it tightly, and put it in my special pocket, and button it closed.
  • DAY 2 - open pouch, there's one airpod in there, WTF !!! Just the Left, the right is missing. Search bag 18 times, then the entire house and garden, accuse everybody. Dismantle house, accuse everybody some more. Rage at the moon. Proud owner of ONE airpod.
  • DAY 4 - go and buy airpods from Apple store, wear them around town and try to forget your pain. At the end of the day seal them in a safe, inside another safe.
  • DAY 5 - open the old airpod bag and take out Leftie, the lone airpod, wonder where to keep it, in case you lose it. Put it somewhere really secure.
  • DAY 6 - go out wearing your new airbuds, you jog across a road and one drops out. You spend 7 hours searching that crossing for the dropped airbud. It's embedded in a truck tire 300 miles away.
  • DAY 6 - spend an entire day looking for that safe and secure place you stashed the other lone airbud.
I treat my Apple products like museum pieces for the most part so I’m not too concerned about losing them/one. Also I’m fairly confident that nearly 100% of the time earphones pop out of my ear because of snagging the cable. I’m also not a big jogging or gym person.

A lot of times I’m usually just wearing 1 earphone because I like to also be aware of what is going on around me and not blissfully distracted in an audio cloud. In fact I have a cheap pair of headphones that one of the wires broke off at the split. I still use it and it’s one less wire to worry about snagging. It will be nice to just pop in one Airpod without issue.

The main complaints from early reviews seem to mostly be you look like you are wearing some weird hipster earrings with the microphone extensions hanging down. The white color doesn’t help that. Also earphone controls are limited to tapping to use Siri, no volume, pause, or skip track type options physically on them, but I'm not really an earphone button power user.

BoddAH

Post by BoddAH » Wed Nov 16, 2016 7:52 pm

I never really had a problem hearing what happens around me even with both EarPods. They have a pretty open design and don't really block outside noises.

But I guess the AirPods are probably great for you. If you use only one at a time you can charge the other at the same time and actually use them for more than 90 minutes! :lol:

Also hugely quotable:
beats me wrote:I'm not really an earphone button power user.
:P

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Thu Nov 17, 2016 10:06 pm

Angstrom wrote:How I imagine life with airpods
this.

you could change "day" to "week" or maybe "month" and it probably becomes fact or destiny or some such at that point.

Angstrom

Post by Angstrom » Fri Nov 25, 2016 12:44 pm

Airpod loss problem solved

https://www.amazon.com/Spigen-Airpods-S ... B01LVZ4SXN
so handy, so innovative!

8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O

mrdelurk

Post by mrdelurk » Sun Nov 27, 2016 8:39 pm

beats me wrote:I treat my Apple products like museum pieces
That's kinda what they seem to be becoming. My iphone since it's latest ios upgrade (which had to be completed only because it started losing 75% of phone calls due to downloading the dagnabbit upgrade) now nags me 30 times a day to "Verify my Apple ID"

Never mind my Apple ID, machine. It was originally on an email I long time don't have, and I don't need any Cloud stuff to go through the hassle of updating it. Unfortunately even nuking all iCloud services so it's not asked, requires it. Just leave me alone with this AppleID hassling, machine, would ya?

But nope, there the phone goes, harassing me for my AppleID every time I turn it on, like some stuck phonograph player in a museum.

BoddAH

Post by BoddAH » Mon Nov 28, 2016 10:54 am

Angstrom wrote:Airpod loss problem solved

https://www.amazon.com/Spigen-Airpods-S ... B01LVZ4SXN
so handy, so innovative!

8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O
That avoids losing just one AirPod and keeps them together but you can still easily lose both of them and need to recharge them frequently.

Now all we need is another AirPod Strap to attach the pair to the iPhone and charge/power them at the same time and everything will be perfect.

The future is so close! :lol:

beats me

Post by beats me » Mon Nov 28, 2016 2:51 pm

I was listening to my iPad Classic on Apple’s original earbuds. Volume seemed a little low so I tried the newer version earbuds. Big volume difference. Also the iPod Classic is louder than the iPhone and iPad. :?

I really need to go through my iPhone and iPad boxes because I’m sure there are probably lightening cables, chargers, and earbuds I never bothered to take out of the box. I'm still finding 30-pin cables and firewire cables that are now useless.

yur2die4

Post by yur2die4 » Mon Nov 28, 2016 5:16 pm

Cyber Monday sales list for music apps on iOS:
http://discchord.com/appnews/2016/11/28 ... onday-2016

yur2die4

Post by yur2die4 » Wed Nov 30, 2016 5:30 pm

Korg has released two synth apps in one month. Impressive.

The latest one is the wavestation.

Aside from that, I'm becoming a big of an 'iceWorks' fan. The developer brought us Xenon in the early days and has three iPad synth apps that all have lovely Arpeggiators that work with Link (Lorenz, Mersenne, forgot the name of the other one at the moment).

Now iceWorks has a sleek little synth for the iPhone called Redshrike. Should be a nice upgrade from the old classic monophonic Argon synth.

harikaram

Post by harikaram » Thu Dec 08, 2016 5:20 pm

More iPhone/iPod than iPad but pretty cool nonetheless ;)

AC Sabre: Motion-based MIDI Instrument for iOS

On iTunes: http://apple.co/2h9POWf

Videos:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D6EkCxDoHQQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4h7PhItHXwk

Musical Instruments, Evolved...
http://air-craft.co

beats me

Post by beats me » Thu Dec 08, 2016 10:49 pm

Apple released single sign on for the Apple TV. You just login one time with the same credentials you use for your cable/satellite provider subscription and all associated apps for that provider and channels will be unlocked across all your Apple products. Thus far Comcast has refused to get on board because they are working on their own thing. WTF purpose does that serve other than a new way to piss off your customers? Nobody is excitedly awaiting a delayed alternative that is somehow better than signing on once and getting everything on all supported hardware. Again, WTF!? :x :x :x