iPad

Discuss anything related to audio or music production.
beats me

Re: iPad

Post by beats me » Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:16 pm

There’s no YouTube app in iOS 6. You have to go to Youtube using a browser app until Google releases their own app for YouTube.

:x *with spittle*

beats me

Post by beats me » Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:21 pm

starving student wrote:beats you and LZ probably have this already but just in case

http://www.cpeel.net/23-ipad-notebook-c ... pad-2.html

Don't have. Briefly thought it would be neat to make an iPad/laptop combo but then decided no. I just use my 11" MBA if I have to do a ton of typing on something portable.

:x

beats me

Post by beats me » Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:23 pm

beats me wrote:There’s no YouTube app in iOS 6. You have to go to Youtube using a browser app until Google releases their own app for YouTube.

:x *with spittle*

Many users are saying this is a good thing because in their opinion the iOS YouTube app is SHIT...or at least not very advanced. It's suited my needs, but whatevs. They're assuming Google will release an app that is insanely great.

regretfullySaid

Post by regretfullySaid » Mon Aug 06, 2012 9:25 pm

That's fucked up. Maybe it's one of those things where it seems like it's no big deal but could be a hint at why Apple is going straight in the shitter if they keep it up with ignoring lack of details.

Whatever happened to the spirit of making a better app than anyone else out there?
Instead of "it's google's baby let them handle it". Fuck that. They should be saying "Youtube is the tv of this century and generation plus the future, we need to make sure our customers have a fucking religious experience when they're in the Youtube cockpit. Fuckin slackers. Fuck Tim and his slow southern calm positive speaking.

Yes the yt app was kind of shit, but at least it was there and it could've been improved upon, by the people who had the reputation of being the best at improving things.

Dammit I miss the lazer eyes and warping of the reality distortion field, not this safe happy gooey shit.
ImageImage

beats me

Post by beats me » Mon Aug 06, 2012 9:43 pm

shadx312 wrote:That's fucked up. Maybe it's one of those things where it seems like it's no big deal but could be a hint at why Apple is going straight in the shitter if they keep it up with ignoring lack of details.

Whatever happened to the spirit of making a better app than anyone else out there?
Instead of "it's google's baby let them handle it". Fuck that. They should be saying "Youtube is the tv of this century and generation plus the future, we need to make sure our customers have a fucking religious experience when they're in the Youtube cockpit. Fuckin slackers. Fuck Tim and his slow southern calm positive speaking.

Yes the yt app was kind of shit, but at least it was there and it could've been improved upon, by the people who had the reputation of being the best at improving things.

Dammit I miss the lazer eyes and warping of the reality distortion field, not this safe happy gooey shit.
Mixed bag.

We all know how Apple feels about Google right now via Samsung. Another clue is Apple now using their own mapping service in iOS 6 instead of Google. But there isn’t really any substitute that could bypass YouTube altogether for serving up video, at least not at the volume and popularity YouTube has.

We know how Apple is pretty much in bed with Twitter right now, but Apple hasn’t ever made a Twitter app. So following that logic they shouldn’t have to make a YouTube app either. They’ve just always had one. For all I know there’s already third party YouTube apps out there but they haven’t gained any traction because Apple’s app has been good enough.

beats me

Post by beats me » Mon Aug 06, 2012 9:52 pm

Well I guess in preparation I’m going to make a Safari YouTube link app on my home screen and you can also disable the YouTube app in the system preferences so any link will always open vidoes in Safari…which everybody is saying is a far better experience anyway.

regretfullySaid

Post by regretfullySaid » Mon Aug 06, 2012 9:56 pm

What about the rest of yt on a browser other than watching videos, like searching, history, etc? Seriously, I wouldn't know.

Oh, not bad, actually.

Still, it's YT, not some cute little thing that might be up'n'coming.
ImageImage

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Tue Aug 07, 2012 12:14 am

The iOS YouTube app sucks balls, you can't even log into your account while using it.

Honestly I wish they would just let US decide which apps to get rid of, by letting the end user remove the pre-installed apps they never use (Stocks, Weather, Voice Recorder, etc).
Tarekith
Ableton Forum Administrator
https://tarekith.com

LoopStationZebra

Post by LoopStationZebra » Tue Aug 07, 2012 1:36 am

FUCK THE YOU TUBE APP AND FUCK GOOGLE.

I came for the :lol:
But stayed for the :x

LoopStationZebra

Post by LoopStationZebra » Tue Aug 07, 2012 9:02 pm

I came for the :lol:
But stayed for the :x

beats me

Post by beats me » Tue Aug 07, 2012 9:15 pm

I have found the Intel Ultrabook commercials a little sad and desperate, and as was mentioned if they cost about the same as an Air then people even considering such a thing would probably go for the real deal. Or is it "Hey honey I just spent $200 less on an imitation!"? :x

But even sadder are the commercials for the standard laptop tanks. Why are these still being made? Both the computer and the commercials for them. :x

beats me

Post by beats me » Tue Aug 07, 2012 11:35 pm

Thickness of iPhone 4S: 9.3mm

Reported/rumored thickness of the new iPhone: 7.6mm

8O

I don't know what the thickness of the newer iPod Touch is but those are impossibly thin.

AH FUCK!! Just had a flashback to the proprietary smaller than standard headphone jack on the first iPhone. ANYBODY ELSE REMEMBER THAT SHIT??? FUCK.

regretfullySaid

Post by regretfullySaid » Tue Aug 07, 2012 11:58 pm

I don't care what thickness the ipods are as long as they give it the same camera treatment as the 4S.
ImageImage

beats me

Post by beats me » Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:01 pm

beats me

Post by beats me » Wed Aug 08, 2012 5:24 pm

Can’t seem to find it but I saw a Samsung video for one of their tablets the other day that looked pretty snazzy with true multitasking with 2 apps on the screen side by side in landscape mode and also the use of a stylus made sense.

HOWEVER, it was all done with CGI which says that actual use is choppy as fuck. :x