iPad

Discuss anything related to audio or music production.
H20nly

Re: iPad

Post by H20nly » Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:06 pm

maybe they're scared that they can't handle all the orders so they're throttling the ordering :idea:

fuckin genius :!: right :?:
LoopStationZebra wrote:it's like a hipster commie pinko manifesto. Rambling. Angry. Nearly divorced from all reality; yet strangely compelling with a ring of truth.

beats me

Post by beats me » Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:21 pm

H20nly wrote:maybe they're scared that they can't handle all the orders so they're throttling the ordering :idea:

fuckin genius :!: right :?:

At this point there’s really no excuse for this because it happens every time Apple releases a new idevice. Although they are showing a marked improvement because it took me trying on and off for days before I was able to fully process an iPhone 4 order. Today I got it in about 4 hours.

And I have no doubt it will be the most successful iPad launch thus far. And although the added new features may not sound all that exciting, it’s still a better upgrade from a 2 to a 3 than it was from a 1 to a 2.

Nicknackerski

Post by Nicknackerski » Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:28 pm

The UK Site is still down, has been all night F***in F***.

Edit. Scratch that. AWWESSSSOMENESSSSSSS!!! Roll on 16th March

beats me

Post by beats me » Thu Mar 08, 2012 12:19 am

I noticed when I ordered the store pickup option wasn't available. I say that's a smart move because I know there were a lot of pissed off pre-order people in line when I went to get my iPhone 4 because there was no distinction between people who pre-ordered and people who were just hoping to get one on the spot. The only difference was if you didn't pre-order there was no guarantee you would get one. Everybody still had to stand in the same ridiculous line all day. Oh, and if you had a pre-order and had somebody in line with you who didn't pre-order they could get one, but just 1 person....which further fucked the people who didn't have a pre-order.

Anyhow, good move by Apple I think.

beats me

Post by beats me » Thu Mar 08, 2012 1:18 am

The new ATV interface is now available on the ATV2.

Today has been quite exhausting.

barryalva

Post by barryalva » Thu Mar 08, 2012 1:27 am

Last edited by barryalva on Thu May 24, 2012 10:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

barryalva

Post by barryalva » Thu Mar 08, 2012 1:31 am

Last edited by barryalva on Thu May 24, 2012 10:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LoopStationZebra

Post by LoopStationZebra » Thu Mar 08, 2012 1:54 am

beats me wrote:it’s still a better upgrade from a 2 to a 3 than it was from a 1 to a 2.

Ho!!! Have to strongly disagree there. The advances from 1 to 2 were way more substantial. Not the least of which was AIRPLAY MIRRORING across the board.

Plus double the horsepower. Not one but two cameras. Much thinner. Much lighter.

beats, beats, beats. :x
I came for the :lol:
But stayed for the :x

stringtapper

Post by stringtapper » Thu Mar 08, 2012 2:10 am

I was about to comment on the egregious neglect of Mr. Wong in the last few posts of this thread but LSZ came in and put things right.

:x
Unsound Designer

beats me

Post by beats me » Thu Mar 08, 2012 2:33 am

LoopStationZebra wrote:
beats me wrote:it’s still a better upgrade from a 2 to a 3 than it was from a 1 to a 2.

Ho!!! Have to strongly disagree there. The advances from 1 to 2 were way more substantial. Not the least of which was AIRPLAY MIRRORING across the board.

Plus double the horsepower. Not one but two cameras. Much thinner. Much lighter.

beats, beats, beats. :x

The cameras on the iPad 2 are SHIT.

The new processor is like 8 trillion times the iPad 2.

There's more pixels on the new iPad than your TV.

I can hit the dictate button, hurl verbal insults into the air, and 4 minutes later they will appear on the screen as text.

Tim Cook autographed bag of dicks.

beats me

Post by beats me » Thu Mar 08, 2012 2:35 am

Can we all agree that if starving student hasn't pre-ordered an iPad by morning he is to be banned from this thread and a paypal donation site will be started to fund my flight to wherever he is to fuck his shit up?

stringtapper

Post by stringtapper » Thu Mar 08, 2012 2:45 am

I thought he lived in So-Cal like you? You pussies can't drive 500 miles to get to the next town like we do in Texas??

:x :x :x
Unsound Designer

LoopStationZebra

Post by LoopStationZebra » Thu Mar 08, 2012 2:45 am

beats me wrote: The cameras on the iPad 2 are SHIT.

I can hit the dictate button, hurl verbal insults into the air, and 4 minutes later they will appear on the screen as text.

Nah. Only 2x more powerful and a SHITLOAD of that new power will go purely to powering the retina. Camera's were better on the iPad than most other mobile devices, so that's a non-starter. DicKtate: meh, who gives a shit. More pixels? Jebus....

Nope, 1 into 2 was still way more significant. In fact, let's wait and see what the numbers have to say. There was great stats on 1st time purchasers vs upgraders when the iPad2 came out. That will reveal a lot because...wait for it...people who've bought an iPad 2 will be sticking with it for LONGER than those that had version 1.

:P
I came for the :lol:
But stayed for the :x

beats me

Post by beats me » Thu Mar 08, 2012 2:54 am

LoopStationZebra wrote:
beats me wrote: The cameras on the iPad 2 are SHIT.

Nah. Only 2x more powerful and a SHITLOAD of that new power will go purely to powering the retina. Camera's were better on the iPad than most other mobile devices, so that's a non-starter. DicKtate: meh, who gives a shit. More pixels? Jebus....

Nope, 1 into 2 was still way more significant. In fact, let's wait and see what the numbers have to say. There was great stats on 1st time purchasers vs upgraders when the iPad2 came out. That will reveal a lot because...wait for it...people who've bought an iPad 2 will be sticking with it for LONGER than those that had version 1.

:P

A lot of people thought the iPhone 4S was meh but it far exceeded everybody's sales estimates.

Let's not forget we have about another 4.5 years of Jobs magic coming down the pipe. :)

beats me

Post by beats me » Thu Mar 08, 2012 4:16 am

After watching the keynote I think Cook channeled a lot of Jobs but still made it his own. I think if Jobs were on stage the opening applause would have lasted a lot longer and there'd be a lot more random applause.

It's always kind of baffled me what an audience at a keynote applauds for and doesn't applaud for. I think for haters or people who have never watched a keynote they think it's a concert-like atmosphere of never ending applause while people crowd surf and punch inflatable beach balls into the air. It's a lot more subdued than that.