iPad

Discuss anything related to audio or music production.
beats me

Re: iPad

Post by beats me » Thu May 29, 2014 2:09 pm

shadx312 wrote:I can only hope as part of the introduction there will be a small bio for Dre's background, in which they'll show snippets of videos like Fuck Tha Police & Straight Outta Compton on the screen during the voiceover.

I hope that video also features scenes with a white background bewildered looking Ive mouth agape like he wants to make one of his usual vaguely profound statements but can’t think of anything.

:x

regretfullySaid

Post by regretfullySaid » Thu May 29, 2014 2:11 pm

I anticipate a beef a year from now when it's reported that there is serious tension between the 2 because Ive is an Ice Cube fan.
ImageImage

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Thu May 29, 2014 2:13 pm

What does he even DO for Apple?

"Dre, late for work again?!?! This is unacceptable!"

"Dre, don't forget to put a cover on those TPS reports."

beats me

Post by beats me » Thu May 29, 2014 7:33 pm

BREAKING NEWS: Microsoft just hired Lil Wayne as executive director of Surface kickstand bling. :x

LoopStationZebra

Post by LoopStationZebra » Thu May 29, 2014 9:04 pm

beats me wrote:Imagine his conversations with Ive. 8O Imagine the worker bees passing him in the hall. 8O Imagine all the worker bees too young to know his significance to music. :x

Imagine all the hot white Apple Nerd Chicks he's going to get to bang.

Fucker.

I came for the :lol:
But stayed for the :x

beats me

Post by beats me » Thu May 29, 2014 10:27 pm

LoopStationZebra wrote:
beats me wrote:Imagine his conversations with Ive. 8O Imagine the worker bees passing him in the hall. 8O Imagine all the worker bees too young to know his significance to music. :x

Imagine all the hot white Apple Nerd Chicks he's going to get to bang.

Fucker.

And if they haven’t already, Apple is going to institute a strict “no selfies with the executive staff” policy. :x

beats me

Post by beats me » Mon Jun 02, 2014 7:27 pm

Sad day, I totally forgot about today's keynote. :x I'll have to fire it up on my ATV when I get home. :)

8ball

Post by 8ball » Mon Jun 02, 2014 7:29 pm

beats me

Post by beats me » Mon Jun 02, 2014 8:04 pm

Angstrom

Post by Angstrom » Mon Jun 02, 2014 8:29 pm

is it me or was that WWDC amazingly underwhelming?

I mean, here's some quotes from online sources :
It closed the gap with Android by letting you install your own keyboard on an iPhone. It got into fitness in a big way with an app that collates information from all the heath gadgets out there. iPhones, iPads and Macs work together in ways that they have needed to for a long time. Free voice messages to other Apple users are coming.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/a ... pened.html
If there’s a key word for Apple's latest developer conference, it’s continuity. Apple exec Craig Federighi and CEO Tim Cook both mentioned it when running through the big innovations.
Apple offered stuff similar to Dropbox with its iCloud Drive which will let you store lots of photos in the cloud for a low-ish monthly fee. And even Snapchat has been honoured by imitation: you can add speech and video messages in what was previously a text message app and these will be default self-destruct.
And at last, at last, Apple offered third-party support for keyboards. This may not sound much but Apple has always controlled the keyboard utterly. Now other companies can create better ways to type. Since the new swipeable keyboard on Windows Phone is sensational, having something similar on Apple is great news.
http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style ... 74941.html

a ringing endorsement

:|

8ball

Post by 8ball » Mon Jun 02, 2014 9:07 pm

According to Apple, compatible iOS 8 devices include:
The iPhone 4S
The iPhone 5
The iPhone 5C
The iPhone 5S
The iPod Touch fifth generation
The iPad 2
The iPad with Retina Display
The iPad Air,
The iPad Mini
The iPad Mini with Retina Display

Devices that will miss out on the iOS 8 update will be:
The iPhone 4 and older iPhones
The iPod Touch fourth generation and older models
the original iPad

8O

Post by 8O » Tue Jun 03, 2014 7:46 am

8ball wrote:According to Apple, compatible iOS 8 devices include:
The iPhone 4S
The iPhone 5
The iPhone 5C
The iPhone 5S
The iPod Touch fifth generation
The iPad 2
The iPad with Retina Display
The iPad Air,
The iPad Mini
The iPad Mini with Retina Display

Devices that will miss out on the iOS 8 update will be:
The iPhone 4 and older iPhones
The iPod Touch fourth generation and older models
the original iPad
In that respect it's not much different to iOS7... my original iPad is capped at iOS 5.1.1

beats me

Post by beats me » Tue Jun 03, 2014 1:23 pm

Angstrom wrote:is it me or was that WWDC amazingly underwhelming?

I was more impressed by it than the iOS 7 and Mavericks keynote. I went in with zero expectations and nothing on my wish list. If anything I was “too soon!”. The most upsetting part is we won’t be getting it for another 3-4 months and if you’re smart you won’t install it for another 6 months after that. Then guess what happens 6 months later? Oh yay, another iOS and OSX upgrade keynote. Also I think we’re enough past the Jobs era to expect world changing tech. I think the main thing Apple is missing without Jobs is frequent launches of new tech. Apple is working on it. Jobs would have forced it a lot quicker.

These new upgrade features are all geared towards jet setting business people who are always on the go and/or people who think they are running a digital social empire. It’s an all-day sprint of keeping your eyes on a screen while thinking you are experiencing life to the fullest. A good example of that is the new Handoff feature where you can be viewing or working on something on an idevice and your Mac displays on a connected icon to that iOS app on the dock and with a single click it will open whatever that is you were on, on your Mac so you can continue there.

Being disappointed by these keynotes is a bit like watching the Travel Channel and being disappointed they aren’t talking about the city you live in. The only thing I got disappointed about watching the keynote is not having the lifestyle that would take advantage of these new features.

Angstrom

Post by Angstrom » Tue Jun 03, 2014 2:52 pm

I guess, I'm sat here working on my PC, and so all the talk of "it connects to your mac!!!" does absolutely nothing for me. Dropbox is crossplatform, I can send a file from my desktop to my iPad and my iPhone, and also allow a friend on an Android, or a netbook to look at it.

For me a dropbox beating project needs to at least beat dropbox. It seems like they are competing in a small walled garden and meanwhile the rest of the world is moving on with broader innovation and connectivity.

Hey Apple, how about you make it so that fucking Facetime works again you jerks! Guess what the solution to Facetime breaking in ios7 was? Skype. That's what.

Just nothing here for me at all.

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Tue Jun 03, 2014 3:34 pm

Angstrom wrote:Hey Apple, how about you make it so that fucking Facetime works again you jerks! Guess what the solution to Facetime breaking in ios7 was? Skype. That's what.
:? what do you mean? Facetime works here. is this a certain hardware version affected thing??