iPad

Discuss anything related to audio or music production.
beats me

Re: iPad

Post by beats me » Wed Apr 27, 2011 7:37 pm

So iPads are finally available in China. Can they just buy the one they worked on themselves or do they still have to go to an Apple store? :x :P

“What do you mean there’s a shortage? I’m looking at a pallet of them right now.” :P

"I'll just get this scratched and dented one at a discount....that I scrtached and dented myself. Oops." :P

LoopStationZebra

Post by LoopStationZebra » Wed Apr 27, 2011 8:41 pm

simpleton wrote: There are several audio interfaces that have been proven to work with iPad via USB hub through the CCK. This place is a good resource for that type of info. Maybe Anubis can test an audio interface working alongside a midi controller on battery power with his gizmo? Or maybe he'll need to take another visit to the Coral Castle for inspiration? Is the iO Dock bus powered? Or does it require a wall wart?

Wall Wart. :x

If Anubis can get audio with that puppy, I'll buy one right NOW. :x

And that list is misleading. The amount of actual DEDICATED interfaces that provide class compliant USB MIDI and Audio is almost nil.

:x
I came for the :lol:
But stayed for the :x

LoopStationZebra

Post by LoopStationZebra » Wed Apr 27, 2011 8:42 pm

Last edited by LoopStationZebra on Wed Apr 27, 2011 8:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LoopStationZebra

Post by LoopStationZebra » Wed Apr 27, 2011 8:43 pm

beats me wrote:
LoopStationZebra wrote:Jebus, people. PAY ATTENTION.

Simpleton was saying that one doesn't need the iODock from Alesis because Anubis created his own interface.

Anubis' interface, awesome as it is, doesn't handle audio - only MIDI.

The iODock handles BOTH. Via the dock connector port, I might add.

iPads are fully capable of data and audio via the dock.

You took way too long to explain yourself Mister and I attempted to jump in and help out but I have nowhere near the amount of knowledge you have as the official iPad MIDI Disappointment Liaison. :x
MDL. I'm liking that. :x

LoopStationZebra

Post by LoopStationZebra » Wed Apr 27, 2011 8:45 pm

WHAT THE HELL IS HAPPENING WITH THE QUOTES STUFF IN REPLIES??? :x

Anubis

Post by Anubis » Wed Apr 27, 2011 11:41 pm

LoopStationZebra wrote:
simpleton wrote: There are several audio interfaces that have been proven to work with iPad via USB hub through the CCK. This place is a good resource for that type of info. Maybe Anubis can test an audio interface working alongside a midi controller on battery power with his gizmo? Or maybe he'll need to take another visit to the Coral Castle for inspiration? Is the iO Dock bus powered? Or does it require a wall wart?

And that list is misleading. The amount of actual DEDICATED interfaces that provide class compliant USB MIDI and Audio is almost nil.

You mean like this?
9.0.4 Suite-Samsung Chronos 7 laptop(17")-12GB RAM-Samsung 840 series SSD(250GB)-iPad2-Maschine-TouchAble-SaffirePro24-Saffire6USB-Komplete Audio 6-Axiom25-PCR300-Nocturn-LaunchPad-QuNeo-QuNexus
miTunes

beats me

Post by beats me » Thu Apr 28, 2011 12:08 am

LSZ. I know it's too soon now but given the present rate can you project when I'll be able to visit your Museum of Unsupported and Underdeveloped iOS MIDI Apps and Hardware? I'd imagine just The Hall of Disinterested App Developers would take the better part of a day to explore.

LoopStationZebra

Post by LoopStationZebra » Thu Apr 28, 2011 12:54 am

Anubis wrote:
LoopStationZebra wrote:

You mean like this?

I want to see a MIDI keyboard plugged in at the same time as that audio interface.

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Thu Apr 28, 2011 1:42 am

I have to say, Dead Space on the iPad has been one of the most impressive things I've seen since getting mine. Loads of fun, can't believe it's all doable on this little tablet thing.
Tarekith
Ableton Forum Administrator
https://tarekith.com

Anubis

Post by Anubis » Thu Apr 28, 2011 2:50 am

LoopStationZebra wrote: :x

I want to see a MIDI keyboard plugged in at the same time as that audio interface.
OK, I'll talk to my people. btw- did you notice that the iO Dock is 6V DC? 3 amps though... I think I'll have another look in the garage...
Wait a minute! This thing was designed for the (soon to be) obsolete curved iPad 1?! meh... I don't do dead space. :x
Last edited by Anubis on Thu Apr 28, 2011 3:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
9.0.4 Suite-Samsung Chronos 7 laptop(17")-12GB RAM-Samsung 840 series SSD(250GB)-iPad2-Maschine-TouchAble-SaffirePro24-Saffire6USB-Komplete Audio 6-Axiom25-PCR300-Nocturn-LaunchPad-QuNeo-QuNexus
miTunes

beats me

Post by beats me » Thu Apr 28, 2011 3:01 am

Tarekith wrote:I have to say, Dead Space on the iPad has been one of the most impressive things I've seen since getting mine. Loads of fun, can't believe it's all doable on this little tablet thing.
*sits on hands and squirms*

First person shooter style games ported to the iPad are cool and all but there's other games that were meant to be played on a touch screen and in most cases I don't even know how you would play them with a traditional console and controller. But I'll hold off on sharing for now since I know you are a responsible pace app purchaser. :wink:

But if you want a game to play with your lady (or up to 4 people) I'd highly recommend Monopoly. You know the game but the port to the iPad is simply stunning. And if you are sitting around a table you don't even need to move the iPad because it switches the orientation to that side of the iPad when it's that person's turn.

Not the best demo video I've seen but you'll get the idea

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wagFDdq6SKo

Dope.

simpleton

Post by simpleton » Thu Apr 28, 2011 7:14 pm

I'm a little worried about LSZ. He hasn't contributed to (t)his thread in nearly 18 hours. 8O That's so unusual. Maybe he's taken ill? Somebody should call his mom. Or maybe he's discovered girls! :o
The Leveller wrote:Wow, a weird shaped dead coral with sh!t stuck to it. Proof indeed of supernatural abilities.

beats me

Post by beats me » Thu Apr 28, 2011 7:32 pm

He’s busy in deep discussions with MIDI app developers. Thanks to Cisco’s Webex app this is possible from anywhere in the world!

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Thu Apr 28, 2011 7:49 pm

^ hopefully he's working on a collab with someone.

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Thu Apr 28, 2011 9:32 pm

Did anyone see the new South Park? :)
Tarekith
Ableton Forum Administrator
https://tarekith.com